Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if was mentioned before (pages here going so fast :) ) - when we picked up our Y yesterday I found PPF on rear door installed already. Even our SA was supprised, guys from service said it is installed for customers in north states and Canada. So if you plan to buy it, wait.

Attachments

• IMG_6355.jpeg
    IMG_6355.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 80
I used to have FSD on 2019 model 3 that I had paid 5k and nothing much changed since and now they want 10k or 14k for FSD plus they removed radar plus they increased price in a last month or two by few thousands.

Elon’s by the end of 2019 that we will have level 5 is how I see this his temporary few weeks etc… It might be a years or never, so you do not want free FSD or EAP? What is there for you to be against the free things? Are you one of them lol

he wants me to drive my kids and be a beta tester without radar and risk even when we signed the contract radar was included. So that is not silly that he can force me now because I sold my car to accept anything and I can not ask for something in return to make it fair???
No not against anything but to request free FSD when the functionality has not changed is crazy. Pure Vision will be better. So in reality you’re moving forward faster.

Well try this on for BS, i get called by Tesla Monterrey/Seaside saying they have two MY that owners needed extra time and gave me first dibs, they did not match my request but there was a MYLR white with a tow hitch, the SA said "let me know by the end of the day" I wanted about an hour for my wife to get out of her nursing recertification class, and she was like lets just get the white one because the other MY was $2K more due to upgraded rims. I call back about 1.5 hours later, and BOOM! the owners changed their minds and took the white MY back, so the SA was like "just up your loan or pay the 2K out of pocket" I have the 2K but didn't want the bigger (nicer) rims because ride and tire mileage are more important. So I passed on the silver MYLR and now 3-13 weeks, this is the SECOND time they did this to us.
I feel for you, but sometimes you just have to make an immediate decision - aka make an executive decision for the significant other. But what would have happened if you had immediately accepted, and then the original match calls back an hour later and changes their minds? I say too bad buddy (original match,) you had your chance and passed, lol. I find it hopeful that Tesla at least is trying to get you a car.

Reactions: bigdaddyreg
So - question. I know nothing about this. A friend told me to have my electrician install a 60 amp circuit on my Nema 14-50 outlet, that way I have options if I want to switch to the Tesla wall charger later. Any concerns with that?
The electrical code will require a 50 amp breaker for a circuit that ends in a 14-50. Those outlets are not rated for more than 50 amps, and the breaker has to protect the circuit - including the socket - from being overloaded. But it would be easy to replace a 50 amp breaker with a 60 amp breaker if you decide to add the wall charger later. Fortunately, a 50 amp circuit requires 6 gauge wire, and 6 gauge wire can also support 60 amps. So the same wiring can be used for either one. All you would need to do is take out the socket and replace the breaker.

Here is some good news. If this new “Clean Energy for America” bill passes, you will be able to deduct $10,000 from your taxes if you bought your Model Y after May 24, 2021:
The elimination of the per-manufacturer-cap is effective for vehicles sold after May 24, 2021 (from p.30)
This is from day of delivery, correct?

Did your approval include the direct deposit discount in your APR? I got a phone approval with verbal rate but haven't gotten anything on paper yet.
I just got off the phone with DCU (after a 2 hour hold time)- they won’t send you anything in writing anymore because too many people were rate matching. You won’t have anything in writing until you upload your purchase agreement and they send you the Docusign. I SO wish I had taken a screenshot of the approval, because they won’t give you anything showing you what your loan approval is once you get past that screen.

I just emailed Tesla rate match anyway, with what the terms are. So we’ll see… Not excited to do business with DCU after this experience.

Hey guys! Been a lurker the past week or so, thought I would post if its helpful for my CA friends. MY LR Wht int/Blk ext order 5/2 from Lake Forest/Baker Ranch dealership. Initially it said 5-9 weeks at order time, then later changed to June 14-June 26 and stayed that way for awhile. About a week back when this craziness started it has started jumping to June 20-30, then June 17 the other day, then down to June 16, and finally this morning its at June 10-30! Of course dates have been disappearing in between like many of you as well. At this rate hoping for a pick up date next week!

Nope. I'm in CT too and removed my trade in and it was pretty straightforward. Did they send you an email to sign some out of state tax exemption? I got a txt from Mt Kisco to do that before I got my VIN. My SA though been super hard to get ahold of and I feel like he's always on vacation. lol
Mine just called me actually and, as you said, they just removed the trade-in and it was no issue. He said there is a wave of them coming in around 5 days from now. Also, yes, I had to sign a tax form right after I placed my order.

I just got off the phone with DCU (after a 2 hour hold time)- they won’t send you anything in writing anymore because too many people were rate matching. You won’t have anything in writing until you upload your purchase agreement and they send you the Docusign. I SO wish I had taken a screenshot of the approval, because they won’t give you anything showing you what your loan approval is once you get past that screen.

I just emailed Tesla rate match anyway, with what the terms are. So we’ll see… Not excited to do business with DCU after this experience.
That's unfortunate to hear...I guess I understand it from their perspective, but not cool DCU! 😁

Reactions: Emmadiane
WTH?? (Re: hotleadsingerg said "I ordered a MYP Blue/Black on 5/14 and got my VIN this morning")
Folks, don't get bent out of shape over this. Tesla is moving tens of thousands of cars across the entire globe. It's simply not possible to get to everyone perfectly in-order.

In this case, it's likely that someone else in that Cleveland SC had ordered exactly the same configuration earlier, but the financing fell through or they had a change of heart of whatever. Tesla isn't going to search the whole continent to find a more deserving owner, they're going to find someone locally. So hotleadsingerg just got lucky. It happens.

Folks, don't get bent out of shape over this. Tesla is moving tens of thousands of cars across the entire globe. It's simply not possible to get to everyone perfectly in-order.

In this case, it's likely that someone else in that Cleveland SC had ordered exactly the same configuration earlier, but the financing fell through or they had a change of heart of whatever. Tesla isn't going to search the whole continent to find a more deserving owner, they're going to find someone locally. So hotleadsingerg just got lucky. It happens.
Lol, yeah, I've seen about 15 lucky May orders now, when did you order? I'm happy these people are getting their cars, trust me, but pretty frustrated to see it at the same time.

Reactions: RaincityEV