Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you step on the gas, if I recall correctly, it will go back to the programmed speed (I set it to speed limit + 5 mph) and keep the lane. If you step on the brake, autopilot will be disabled and you need to turn it on again.. Same goes for when you override steering by pulling the steering wheel harder..
Thats correct, if you have AP engaged you are able to override the speed up to 90mph, when you release the accelerator it will slow until it reaches the set speed. IF you go above 90mph, AP shuts off and you are put into AP jail until the car is put into park again. I always disengage on the highway when passing under speed to avoid jail... its super annoying when it happens LOL

This. I've got a rough looking but good running Fusion that Carvana offered $3k for, which I'll probably do once I get the MY finally.
Yep - and my nicer car is a '17 civic type r/mint - checked the trade in with Tesla and they offered $4k more than I paid for it! So, just for fun I checked Carmax and Carvana - Carmax offer was $8k over what I paid, Carvana +$9k. So I had this baby for 2 years, 9k miles and will profit $9k...IF I can get my Tesla before this run on used cars is over. That's nuts.

I order 4/14 and had the change to 3-13 weeks about 2 days before I got my vin. You’ll get there!
I hope. My SA said that apparently Pittsburgh sees fewer deliveries than most other parts of the country so it’s going to be a few more weeks. 😔 jealous of everyone in Florida that’s getting VINs in less than 2 weeks from their order date. Starting to think I should’ve just ordered there and drove it back to PA.

Picked up today. No PPF or mud flaps in Cincinnati. 187XXX. Fit is great. A few minor paint issues to address, but otherwise it’s perfect. Big smile.

Attachments

• 67D9CD68-AD5C-486A-91EE-C78DD7456A78.jpeg
    67D9CD68-AD5C-486A-91EE-C78DD7456A78.jpeg
    544.3 KB · Views: 74
Two hours of driving will tell you all you need to know...picked her up this morning in Raleigh (VIN 191XXX) and had our second excellent pickup experience here in five months. Two for two! We were really impressed with our M3P’s fit and finish then, but mine MY was even better today. Almost flawless - only a coat hook that wouldn’t play nicely. Keep your eyes on the details when you pick up but have faith and be confident that it will be a keeper. Best wishes to everyone!

Attachments

• 276DDC79-4E23-4344-8A4F-653206DF4A46.jpeg
    276DDC79-4E23-4344-8A4F-653206DF4A46.jpeg
    524.5 KB · Views: 52
How is the sales tax so low on the Tesla? On my page under price details where it shows the breakdown, the sales tax seems ridiculously low.
Depends on where you live. Most states they're able to automatically include the full sales tax of your locale, which could be county or city sales tax, but in some places they don't really have the ability because you'll end up paying the tax when you register.

Reactions: Wolfpacker83
Just a couple of questions even after reading every single page lol
I ordered 5/7 MYLR w/w induction (Springfield NJ) pick up. Like most, my estimate delivery week disappeared then went to jun13-June28. Is it best to withhold final payment until delivery day?
Will the SC take a personal check?
My bank doesn’t have any local branches for certified check.
Thanks impatiently waiting lol
No personal checks according to the predelivery email I received today from the DC.

I’m beyond frustrated. How are people who ordered a month+ after I did (April 9) getting their MYs now but I’ve still heard nothing? My EDD says June 12-27. Seriously????!!!! Is it that I’m picking mine up at Tyson’s Corner VA? I’ve heard they’re terrible but they should at least be getting SOME vehicles. I’m truly not sure it’s worth this frustration at this point. I’ve been without a car for a month now. 😖
I know the feeling..

Looks like it is for rear fenders only. Don't get too much snow or sleet here in Pasadena, so I was hoping it was for the front somewhere...

The tires can kick up peebles and other debris - it's worth the $50 anyway. The front gets the mud flaps.

Reactions: RubberToe
I’m beyond frustrated. How are people who ordered a month+ after I did (April 9) getting their MYs now but I’ve still heard nothing? My EDD says June 12-27. Seriously????!!!! Is it that I’m picking mine up at Tyson’s Corner VA? I’ve heard they’re terrible but they should at least be getting SOME vehicles. I’m truly not sure it’s worth this frustration at this point. I’ve been without a car for a month now. 😖
I'd expect your order to be fulfilled this coming week - several other NOVA residents have gotten their VINs Thursday and Friday

Reactions: elguapo
I hope. My SA said that apparently Pittsburgh sees fewer deliveries than most other parts of the country so it’s going to be a few more weeks. 😔 jealous of everyone in Florida that’s getting VINs in less than 2 weeks from their order date. Starting to think I should’ve just ordered there and drove it back to PA.
Not all of us in south Florida have been that lucky 😩

I've sold 2 cars to carmax and experience has been good. They will do a complete inspection of the car, check vin history and will drive it before they confirm their offer. I had a 15 year old tucson with engine light and oil light on, some rough spots and 155k miles. They gave me $2600, $900 more than the Tesla trade in, took about 40min at the carmax dealership. Used cars are like gold right now. Also compare to Carvana - they're giving good $ as well.
Tesla beat Carvana for me by $2,000 on a F-150 trade, and a Ford dealer begging for trucks by $4,000. I didn't try Carmax because they lowballed me a few years ago - I got $6,000 more for a Jeep on the private market. Private market was around $35,000 for my truck; Tesla gave me $32,900, and factoring in the tax advantage for trading in my state, added another $1,800 in value. Comparing the value vs. private market, I only "lost" $300 by trading to Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: Collette