Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am guessing that they do not get a lot of the MCR color, I can only think of one person I saw get a VIN. Maybe thats what's holding me up 🤨
Interesting theory — here in the DFW area I don’t think I’ve seen a single red MY. For awhile it seemed like it was blue that was lagging behind. I’m on team MSM and still waiting too.

How is the sales tax so low on the Tesla? On my page under price details where it shows the breakdown, the sales tax seems ridiculously low.
Did you trade in a car with Tesla? I'm not sure about NC, but If I'm not mistaken, here in Colorado, the tax is calculated based on the difference of the trade-in value and the purchase price of the car. For example, if my trade-in Model 3 value is $45,000 and the Model Y I'm buying is $50,000 I'm only being taxed for the $5,000 difference. However, if I sold my car to Carvana and bought a Model Y through Tesla, I will be taxed at the full value of the car. Hence, why Carvana or Carmax offers more than Tesla does. Hope this helps.

OMG! ALL the Orlando People are getting theirs where is MINE! 🤨
Received VIN and our delivery date is 6/1 - 6/7. We are flying out on 5/31 to Orlando to take the kids to Disney. Our SC is 2.5 hours away but 5 minutes from the airport we are flying out of. I called the SC a million times until someone answered and got us a delivery date that works. Only catch was I had to change our return flight so we could land before the SC closes 😅

Went back to the Roswell (Atlanta) SC today since last week it had 80-100 3/Y models and I wanted to see what it had now. Maybe 25 or 30 - mostly red or MSM on the lot. Only one white with black wheels and it wasn’t my VIN so I guess it’s actually in shipment like they said - still showing June 3-6 delivery date.
Happy for everyone finally getting VINs and feel a little lucky to have one since I only ordered on 5.14. I’m guessing most delays now are just transport issues across the country and the March & April orders will be delivered very soon!

RN11496
White/Black int/20” wheels/ 5seats/ no FSD or hitch
VIN 196...

Did you trade in a car with Tesla? I'm not sure about NC, but If I'm not mistaken, here in Colorado, the tax is calculated based on the difference of the trade-in value and the purchase price of the car. For example, if my trade-in Model 3 value is $45,000 and the Model Y I'm buying is $50,000 I'm only being taxed for the $5,000 difference. However, if I sold my car to Carvana and bought a Model Y through Tesla, I will be taxed at the full value of the car. Hence, why Carvana or Carmax offers more than Tesla does. Hope this helps.
The sales tax says $80.70. I am trading, but based on a 3% sales tax, that would mean I'm purchasing a $2,690 car. And my price is way more than than (even with trade-in). I can't figure it out.

I also got quotes for trade in from Vroom, Carvana, and went to CarMax. Tesla beat everyone by $400 - Vroom was $2500 lower, Carvana & CarMax were $100 apart - I’ll list it for $2k over Tesla trade in this week and see if I get a personal sale but I doubt it so most likely will just take the Tesla trade in.

How has trade in worked at delivery for those who have traded in to Tesla? Do they just take the keys/reg from you? Any extra headaches?
Painless. I’m sure it varies a bit state to state. Mine was: Take my plates off, get odometer reading, reminisce for 2 minutes with my old car, sign title and two copies of the state’s power of attorney docs to let them send the car to auction. Done.

Reactions: Marxw and mehfisto
Hello I ordered on 4/30 and completed my driver profile on 5/1. Today I decided I am going to go through with trading my car into Tesla and they had to reset driver profile and I am waiting on them to approve the trade in. Does anyone know if this could effect my deliver date?

Yeah it seems like white is the most common color for M3 and MY by far, at least around here.
Was black more prevalent too when it was the default color? I couldn’t believe it when Tesla started giving away white. I would have paid for any other color than black because black is such high maintenance and shows scratches and swirls so easily. White hides scratches well and is already $FREE.99! And it’s a pearl white, not just paper white.