Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed the app now has my future model y avatar showing.. do others also have theirs? I don’t yet have a VIN, and have never had it show up like this before..

does this mean anything?
Ordered MY 7 Blk/Blk on 4/23. My SA just said I’m in the build phase. How long does that last for?

Based on what I’ve read here I’m assuming I can expect a vin tomorrow, next week, or never given the accuracy of SA’s.
Woke up randomly in the middle of that night to a vin! 193xxxx. Delivery 6/4-6/7.

So here's a question. I have my VIN now and estimated delivery has changed from June 13-30 to May 30-June 4. But I see no option to "schedule" the pickup yet. Does that still happen later? Would it make sense that the earliest it could get scheduled would be Tuesday due to the holiday?
It took 3 days for them to finally call me to schedule once I got the VIN. I just kept texting my SA asking for updates once I got the VIN and probably annoyed them a lot.

Reactions: Emmadiane
It took 3 days for them to finally call me to schedule once I got the VIN. I just kept texting my SA asking for updates once I got the VIN and probably annoyed them a lot.

Out of curiosity, did you have a trade in and if so, did you have to give the SA the vehicle registration to your trade in? I see that they are asking for that and I've never had to do that with any of my previous trade-ins and just curious why they need it.

Biggest reason is the 113" wheelbase, likely to make room for the battery pack. The wheels are as far apart as a GMC Envoy. The wheelstops also affect the radius, but no car with that long a wheelbase will be easy to maneuver in tight spaces.
100% this, my truck has a 176" wheelbase and I can't do a u turn on a 4 lane divided road.

Well, kids it's 12:23 in the AM and I still don't have a VIN. But logged into my account just a few minutes ago and I've got an Estimated Delivery: June 10 - June 24 now. First time I've ever had an EDD since I placed my order. Here's hoping this means the gears are turning! 🥂
Same happened to me. No dates for ever. Yesterday dates pop up. Today new dates and a vin. Hopefully you’ll get yours today or tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: casey1202
Well, it took four days after the start of VINapalooza, and of course the notification arrived as I was travelling over the holiday weekend, but I finally have my VIN (190xxx) and a scheduled delivery on next Thursday. Payment over Plaid (crazy "give us your password just trust us" authentication notwithstanding) was... eerily smooth, actually. It's a little weird to see a routine-looking internet purchase form with a "[Pay]" button and a balance like that. But it worked.

Y LR, 19", White, Black Int., Tow, 7 seat, FSD. Ordered 4/8, VIN 5/29, Home delivery set for 6/3

Last edited:
Interesting theory — here in the DFW area I don’t think I’ve seen a single red MY. For awhile it seemed like it was blue that was lagging behind. I’m on team MSM and still waiting too.
My S was MSM & loved it! My 3 is white and its nice too but yeah its the most common color I see. I see very few Red anything Tesla same with blue but my Mom got a blue MY so Red was all thats left! LOL but I love the look of the red, its sexy and it remind me of my very first car 91' Toyota MR2 ❤️ that car

Reactions: casey1202
Received VIN and our delivery date is 6/1 - 6/7. We are flying out on 5/31 to Orlando to take the kids to Disney. Our SC is 2.5 hours away but 5 minutes from the airport we are flying out of. I called the SC a million times until someone answered and got us a delivery date that works. Only catch was I had to change our return flight so we could land before the SC closes 😅
LOL! Enjoy! we just took our boys this past week to celebrate the last day of school! No masks outside if you are vaccinated finally... SO nice! Still feels crowded but the lines are not bad. Make sure you set an alarm and get in the virtual queue for Star Wars at 7am precisely or you will miss out! and its TOTALLY WORTH THE WAIT!

Gratz on your VIN! I just reached out to the SA yesterday to try and get an update... hopefully ill hear back tomorrow if he's working, not sure about the holiday schedule...

Reactions: jfort
Honestly, I’ve never had an issue with glare and whatever you use to touch your finger to - a screen or a protector - needs to be cleaned. That said, if it works for folks, go for it! It’s helpful to understand challenges others have.
The ONLY time I've ever had an issue with glare on my car was in my S and I was backing up into my garage, the sun was coming in just right and it was hard to see the garage door position.... welp it was to low and I backed into it with the glass, shattered it LOL I pull in now... nice expensive mistake. But I still don't use a protector, fingerprints have never been noticeable unless the screen is off and glare hasn't been an issue either even on my 3 with no tinted windows

Was black more prevalent too when it was the default color? I couldn’t believe it when Tesla started giving away white. I would have paid for any other color than black because black is such high maintenance and shows scratches and swirls so easily. White hides scratches well and is already $FREE.99! And it’s a pearl white, not just paper white.
I am pretty sure that is the exact reason they switched to White as the free color... black was only the free color for a brief period (relatively) in the beginning. I have a hunch that they were getting lots of complaints at delivery about paint issues and since white hides it all much better they just switched to that as the free color...