Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the Columbus SC today since I was confused that my EDD was 6/2-6/6 but the online scheduler was offering me dates only up to 6/2. They looked up my RN and expect my MYP to arrive on Thursday 6/3, so I scheduled a delivery appointment for Friday morning 6/4.

Final timeline will end up being 7 days between getting my VIN assigned from the Fremont factory and pickup in Columbus.

Just read an interesting article reporting Giga Austin may need to ship cars out-of-State just for Texans to buy them, due to existing laws that protect dealerships and prevent direct sales. That is a crazy way to treat a large company in your State that is providing tons of jobs and tax revenue.
Crazy like Texas’ state leadership 🥴

Here is an update. I was one of the people in 3-13 week purgatory while everyone was getting VINs. Then for a few days I got dates starting three days away. Then yesterday I got my nails done in the closest thing I could find to Deep Metallic Blue, just to put it out in the universe that I was ready. Had a nice prime rib dinner with a side of low expectations. Checked when I got home at 7:30 pm, still nothing. Checked again at 10:42 pm, saw the waiver and clicked, and VIN 200xxx was there, with an estimated delivery of 3-13 weeks. Slept like a baby. This morning my estimated dates were May 30 to June 7. Got a text with a link to schedule pickup. The first available date was Friday June 4 which actually works great for me since it is my day off.

Here is an update. I was one of the people in 3-13 week purgatory while everyone was getting VINs. Then for a few days I got dates starting three days away. Then yesterday I got my nails done in the closest thing I could find to Deep Metallic Blue, just to put it out in the universe that I was ready. Had a nice prime rib dinner with a side of low expectations. Checked when I got home at 7:30 pm, still nothing. Checked again at 10:42 pm, saw the waiver and clicked, and VIN 200xxx was there, with an estimated delivery of 3-13 weeks. Slept like a baby. This morning my estimated dates were May 30 to June 7. Got a text with a link to schedule pickup. The first available date was Friday June 4 which actually works great for me since it is my day off.
That’s awesome! Congrats 💃🕺

Reactions: Bluebell21
Well, kids it's 12:23 in the AM and I still don't have a VIN. But logged into my account just a few minutes ago and I've got an Estimated Delivery: June 10 - June 24 now. First time I've ever had an EDD since I placed my order. Here's hoping this means the gears are turning! 🥂
And now it’s 11:38 on Sunday morning. No blue button, no VIN but … Estimated Delivery: June 11 - June 25. Apparently overnight I got pushed back a day! Thank god for lexapro 😅

And now it’s 11:38 on Sunday morning. No blue button, no VIN but … Estimated Delivery: June 11 - June 25. Apparently overnight I got pushed back a day! Thank god for lexapro 😅
I got the same change over night. The EDD start date is one day later than before. But on the bright side, the time window of the EDD is now 16 days comparing to the 18 days yesterday. I guess my car is not produced yet but it is closer and closer to the scheduled production date so the EDD window can become smaller.

Reactions: Soosh and casey1202
Got a vin this morning!!! 🙏 196XXX. EDD is June 10. I went to see my SA today and she told me my MY was built on May 27 and should be shipped Monday from Fremont. I'm so excited!!
Seems a little odd, but maybe not. I'm pretty sure that VINs higher than yours were built before that date. I'd have to go back to verify it, but that's my impression from reading this thread. Maybe they don't necessarily come off the production line in sequence.

One more note from my pick up last Thursday.. I expected that I would have to sign some paperwork but the only think that I had to do is to sign something on the phone of one of the staff members and I was ready to drive off.. I've bought many cars but it has never been that easy to take delivery.. I asked to make sure if there is anything else that I needed to sign but they said that I took care of it when I clicked to agree to the terms online.. WOW.. At most dealerships, you are stuck for an hour or 2 to finish up the paperwork... At Telsa, the most time consuming part was to inspect the car to look for any issues and that was it.. Set up the phone as key, receive the key cards and drive off.. Amazingly simple..

Today it was my turn. VIN appeared as soon as I approved the Tesla Vision message. VIN # 203xxx. It's the highest number I've seen reported, but I'm still reading page 501, so I'm not completely caught up.

My EDD is set at June 9-15, so I would guess that the car hasn't arrived yet. If so, that's probably good. My down payment won't be ready until maybe Thursday, my wall charger is being installed on Thursday, and it will give me time to get insurance set up (I want to switch to a new company for the new car).

Anyway, I'm pretty excited. I'll text my SA in a couple of days to find out what the plan is. Right now I'm out of town anyway, so I can't do anything for a couple of days.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, thought I would stop by and give an update and say farewell. Thanks for sitting in the waiting room with me and sharing the ups and downs.

So I have had a few days with the car now and I thought I would stop by and update this post. For any of you nervous about the radar removal. Don't be! I am really glad we decided to push and take ownership. My AP is configured now, and it works just like the demo unit with a few exceptions but they are not major enough for me to not want the car and I have faith Tesla will at some point bring it on par with Radar. I only test drove the demo car once and have never owned any Teslas so my experience with AP is limited.

The first day we drove over to RPM Tesla (they are local) to pick up a few goodies and we used AP all the way there. Then we took a trip to the Hsi Lai Buddhist Temple in LA - lots of twisty mountain roads and we used AP for that drive to test it out.

In the end, it's a personal choice, I just wanted to share our experience as I know how most of you are feeling.

Here is a pic of our Y with the few DIY mods we have already started. Next week is a busy week with PPF and Wrapping.
I LOVE the rear "Tesla" badge. Did you get that done at RPM Tesla? Mind me asking the cost?

Reactions: Collette and Soosh
Today it was my turn. VIN appeared as soon as I approved the Tesla Vision message. VIN # 203xxx. It's the highest number I've seen reported, but I'm still reading page 501, so I'm not completely caught up.

My EDD is set at June 9-15, so I would guess that the car hasn't arrived yet. If so, that's probably good. My down payment won't be ready until maybe Thursday, my wall charger is being installed on Thursday, and it will give me time to get insurance set up (I want to switch to a new company for the new car).

Anyway, I'm pretty excited. I'll text my SA in a couple of days to find out what the plan is. Right now I'm out of town anyway, so I can't do anything for a couple of days anyway.
Congrats to you! And I think you’re right — highest VIN I’ve seen so far.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited. I'll text my SA in a couple of days to find out what the plan is. Right now I'm out of town anyway, so I can't do anything for a couple of days anyway.
That’s great. Let us know if you got mud flaps and ppf.