Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s interesting. I had the 3DMAXPider Kagu on our Model S and thought they were great and offered a nice cushioned feel beneath your feet. Looked like they would be slippery in photos but I did not find them slippery in use.

I used to always get WeatherTech for my truck and past Lexuses but the Tesla/WeatherTech ones leave a gap at the edges, whereas the 3DMax ones are tight right up to the edges. I looked around to see what else is available but went back to the 3DMax again for the Y.
What are your thoughts on Tesmanian?

The Tesmanian one says it has '2 self adhesive magnets' now on its V2 - so looks like this is going to be the solution for folks. :)

BTW, that one you linked to had a 20% off coupon - so it's a great deal at 42.77 w/ tax! I think I'll pull the trigger on that and add my own magnet.
The Tesmanian one says it has '2 self adhesive magnets' now on its V2 - so looks like this is going to be the solution for folks. :)

BTW, that one you linked to had a 20% off coupon - so it's a great deal at 42.77 w/ tax! I think I'll pull the trigger on that and add my own magnet.
Yah, I took advantage of that 20% coupon myself. I thought with free returns why not give it a go. I saw these magnets and thought they might be good. If you see something different let me know. Thanks!

Reactions: proximanova
Why no WeatherTech? Because they’re expensive? They’ve been awesome for me in my Teslas and other cars. Also made in USA, which is nice, but wouldn’t matter if they were awful.

I was considering WeatherTech. But the reviews I found indicated the driver mat didn't fully cover the dead pedal (only covered about halfway up). That was a deal breaker for me.

What are your thoughts on Tesmanian?
I considered them but one of the reviewers mentioned slipperiness with the Tesmanian. I liked the style of the Tesmanian and asked the rest of the family to choose between Tesmanian and 3DMax. Wife and kid wanted to go with what we know worked for us on the Model S, so we stayed with 3DMax. I probably would have been happy with Tesmanian too. It was definitely down to those two.

I feel like giving up. Coming up on 8 weeks from order date…still nothing. I don’t understand why a car buying experience is this bad. It should be a happy experience but I feel nothing but frustration and it’s turning into anger. To top it all off it seems like the MYLR I may someday get will be inferior to what I originally ordered due to changes publicized in the media and not publicized (lumbar support). 😩

Took delivery yesterday and can confirm no lumbar adjustment on passenger side. To be honest, it’s not a useful feature if it doesn’t come paired with programmable seat positions (like in the drivers seat). I’ve sat in so many peoples cars who had the lumbar jutting way out which is just jarring and annoying. The seat is plenty comfortable without it.

I feel like giving up. Coming up on 8 weeks from order date…still nothing. I don’t understand why a car buying experience is this bad. It should be a happy experience but I feel nothing but frustration and it’s turning into anger. To top it all off it seems like the MYLR I may someday get will be inferior to what I originally ordered due to changes publicized in the media and not publicized (lumbar support). 😩
I have the same sentiments.. Tomorrow marks my eighth week (ordered 04/05). Still no VIN and worse is it's showing 3-13 weeks as my EDD. While I'm glad that people are getting their cars, it's really frustrating when you see people who ordered a month after you taking deliveries already.

Confirmed, my 185*** passenger side lumbar support is inoperative although a button is there.
Why bother having a button that doesn’t work? Did the factory workers forget to plug something in (it wouldn’t be the first time)?

Perhaps lumbar adjustment was moved to an onscreen control?? Wishful thinking?? Why is it some owners report of functioning passenger lumbar? Is it truly a white interior-only upgrade? At least remove the button if it’s not a feature and eliminate the confusion.