Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like giving up. Coming up on 8 weeks from order date…still nothing. I don’t understand why a car buying experience is this bad. It should be a happy experience but I feel nothing but frustration and it’s turning into anger. To top it all off it seems like the MYLR I may someday get will be inferior to what I originally ordered due to changes publicized in the media and not publicized (lumbar support). 😩
I agree. This has been the absolute worse experience. But Tesla really doesn’t give a *sugar* because every car made is sold.

Reactions: dsandhu
I have the same sentiments.. Tomorrow marks my eighth week (ordered 04/05). Still no VIN and worse is it's showing 3-13 weeks as my EDD. While I'm glad that people are getting their cars, it's really frustrating when you see people who ordered a month after you taking deliveries already.
This. It makes no sense. This has been a very bizarre ordering process for sure.

Reactions: 63AMG and dsandhu
I have the same sentiments.. Tomorrow marks my eighth week (ordered 04/05). Still no VIN and worse is it's showing 3-13 weeks as my EDD. While I'm glad that people are getting their cars, it's really frustrating when you see people who ordered a month after you taking deliveries already.
Yeah…mine says 3-13 weeks as well. I ordered mine on 4/9. 😖

Reactions: dsandhu
Took delivery yesterday and can confirm no lumbar adjustment on passenger side. To be honest, it’s not a useful feature if it doesn’t come paired with programmable seat positions (like in the drivers seat). I’ve sat in so many peoples cars who had the lumbar jutting way out which is just jarring and annoying. The seat is plenty comfortable without it.
This is so strange. I took delivery last Wednesday and mine has lumbar support on the passenger side. My wife confirmed that it works!

I would put zero stock in the 3-13 weeks. It’s basically a default. I got the same thing this morning (first time, always had actual date ranges). My SA told me today that it’s still showing 6/4-6/8 as my build date. Remember, CA is the last to get bulk deliveries in the quarter and there looks to be many folks who ordered in early April (me included) that are in the same situation. I’m pretty confident we’ll get our cars soon.

Showing 3-13 weeks has turned out to be a good thing for many people, as it changes fairly quickly into something good.

I feel like giving up. Coming up on 8 weeks from order date…still nothing. I don’t understand why a car buying experience is this bad. It should be a happy experience but I feel nothing but frustration and it’s turning into anger. To top it all off it seems like the MYLR I may someday get will be inferior to what I originally ordered due to changes publicized in the media and not publicized (lumbar support). 😩
Have you checked in with your SA? Do you even have a SA? If not, go into the Tesla SC in person - it's not far. They can check if your account is in order, and if you are friendly, they tend to look after you. Early last week, I stopped into the Montgomery Mall SC and chatted with the reps. The store leader advised me to transfer any money needed to pay and order any accessories now as things were about to happen. On Thursday, I had my VIN, and yesterday, my car. When I spoke to him, my EDD was June 16-30.