Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a EDD since receiving my May 28 VIN of June 2 - 8. This afternoon (Memorial Day) I received a text and a link to select an appointment date/time for the Brentwood SC. I was on it in 30 seconds, but they were booked until the 8th, so the 8th it is!!!

I wonder if it is normal for them to have appointments booked for a solid week, or maybe I've hit it at the peak of the 3rd Quarter deliveries...

Again, this is likely a case of a quick match due to someone else not buying that car after a previous match. If your build date is well before your order date, it’s a good sign you got a rematch. Not an issue, just means someone couldn’t pay, was on vacation, etc. This is also why these VINs seem more dated than the 200s we are seeing now. Something in the 180s, for example, was probably an April build.
See I think that is what happened in my case, I ordered on May 1st and got matched the previous weekend with an 183xxx VIN, the SA says my car is still in California when they are currently delivering a car with 195xxx VINs at the same SC

It seems like more and more features are getting taken away- Radar(lane departure warning etc)-Lumbar support.. What’s next? This is really disappointing. I was as excited as a kid before Christmas morning to take delivery. Now I am just really frustrated. I know they say updates are coming but knowing Tesla and going through AP1-AP2 I think we are going to be limited for quite a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsandhu
This may not be the correct forum (if incorrect, please gently point me to the correct place) but here goes:

Is there a TESLA representative or someone within TESLA that monitors these forums? With the current state of the delivery system and the frustration and displeasure that many are feeling, it would seem like a good idea for TESLA to keep and ear out and listen to it's customers. Do they really just not care because we have already committed to purchasing a new car? I hope not! The overwhelmed SA's, to the broken EDD information and the apparent lack of outgoing QA the post sales to owner experience is abysmal.

I received my Vin since the 28th and I have not yet received any text to sign or pay. Do you have any idea if this would take longer to receive it? o_Oo_Oo_O

View attachment 668165
We have the same order date, and I also got my Vin on the 28th. My SA told me there's a huge number of cars ready to be shipped out but they don't have enough ressources to send the whole stock all at once. like me you should get your MY around June 12. hope that helps ;)

Reactions: Marisol
It seems like more and more features are getting taken away- Radar(lane departure warning etc)-Lumbar support.. What’s next? This is really disappointing. I was as excited as a kid before Christmas morning to take delivery. Now I am just really frustrated. I know they say updates are coming but knowing Tesla and going through AP1-AP2 I think we are going to be limited for quite a while.
Model Y has lane departure warning.

We have the same order date, and I also got my Vin on the 28th. My SA told me there's a huge number of cars ready to be shipped out but they don't have enough ressources to send the whole stock all at once. like me you should get your MY around June 12. hope that helps ;)
Hang in there, hopefully it won't be too much longer. I received my VIN on the 28th also and was texted this afternoon with a link to schedule an appointment..

Reactions: Ghostedd
I completely agree/understand what you are saying, but keep in mind they add lots of features/updates without any announcement as well. When Model Y came out it had the same center console as the old Model 3 and they updated that out of the blue, they upgraded the glass to double pane instead of single pane like when it fist came out, they added range with a software update, etc. There is definitely give and take for sure. Hate to see them remove things but it always exciting to see something added that wasn’t expected as well.

Ordered 5/13 and I'm doing carrier direct as I live in Central Montana. Assumed I wouldn't be getting delivery notice until July given the way things were looking (5 - 13 weeks) but I just got my VIN!

Order is for a LR AWD white on white 5 seater, no tow hitch. VIN - 198xxx

I never really read into what the VIN meant, that sounds very recent/high right?

Just a quick update here, even though it's probably not relevant to anybody else (but I want to keep this party rolling) -

I've gone ahead and paid the night that I got my VIN, and just uploaded my proof of insurance (as of early June) to the site, so all my steps are complete.
I spoke to my Sales/Delivery Advisor and he said that my vehicle was in Sacramento as of the 28th "being checked out" and is probably leaving to the SLC distribution center within a day or two, and then being picked up by a 3rd party carrier there to bring all the way up to Montana.

I have no estimated timeline showing (haven't had one since I got my VIN), but the advisor said it probably would be about a week for the truck to go from Sacramento to SLC, and then a few days at least for the carrier to go from SLC to Montana. That trip from Sac to SLC sounds oddly long, but I know nothing about how vehicles are transported, and if it's making multiple stops, etc... At this point I'm just happy that this whole process seems to have gone faster than I would've predicted. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that I'm considered a "far" delivery, as it sounds like those are prioritized.

Will update once I receive on how this carrier direct process goes 🤞 and I'll also confirm whether or not my passenger will be comfortable in the lumbar area.

Just a quick update here, even though it's probably not relevant to anybody else (but I want to keep this party rolling) -

I've gone ahead and paid the night that I got my VIN, and just uploaded my proof of insurance (as of early June) to the site, so all my steps are complete.
I spoke to my Sales/Delivery Advisor and he said that my vehicle was in Sacramento as of the 28th "being checked out" and is probably leaving to the SLC distribution center within a day or two, and then being picked up by a 3rd party carrier there to bring all the way up to Montana.

I have no estimated timeline showing (haven't had one since I got my VIN), but the advisor said it probably would be about a week for the truck to go from Sacramento to SLC, and then a few days at least for the carrier to go from SLC to Montana. That trip from Sac to SLC sounds oddly long, but I know nothing about how vehicles are transported, and if it's making multiple stops, etc... At this point I'm just happy that this whole process seems to have gone faster than I would've predicted. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that I'm considered a "far" delivery, as it sounds like those are prioritized.

Will update once I receive on how this carrier direct process goes 🤞 and I'll also confirm whether or not my passenger will be comfortable in the lumbar area.
The fact that your car is coming from Sac and not directly from Fremont (and your VIN is not in the 200’s) makes me think you’re getting a “refused” or “put on hold” delivery. Probably fine but just make sure you do a good look-over before taking final delivery.