Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!

As someone who's never had (or even seen?) PPF, how can you tell?
When they drove the car to the lot while I was inside the SC, I could see the subtle difference of color between the bumpers and the rest of the body. Look closely at the edge of the bumper and the edge of the hood, you will see an extra film on the bumper. It will look like a screen protector except a way softer feel.

Elon just confirmed on Twitter that they removed passenger lumbar support only because logs showed they were not used often or ever in most vehicles.
Well, that is his excuse to maintain positive PR spin. I don't buy it for a second that they intentionally removed this part from the cars because of logs.

I think the reality is they have supply problems, but instead of risking Q2 deliveries they are taking these measures.

Radar parts were running thin, so spin it as progress towards vision. :rolleyes:

Lumbar parts were running thin, so claim usage metrics drove an obviously unpopular change. :rolleyes:

Elon, we can see through you like your cars see through fog and mist... oh wait.

Last edited:
Of course he does not care about how this will devalue the car in secondary markets when compared to those that have both the radar and passenger lumbar support. Its one thing to take things away and add them in software, but its a whole different beast to do that with hardware.
What makes you think that onboard radar will not be disabled? I doubt they would support both systems going forward particularly when the radar is a source of false positives and phantom braking.

E93E1685-959F-42F3-B4B5-94467C207586.jpeg

The universe is apparently teasing me. As I eagerly await anything besides a 3-13 week range on my MY, I walk outside and my exact config is parked across the street, just mocking me, whispering to me “look how close, yet how far away I am”. 😂

What makes you think that onboard radar will not be disabled? I doubt they would support both systems going forward particularly when the radar is a source of false positives and phantom braking.
It most likely will be disabled...for now. For cars that have radar hardware installed it can be just as easily turned back on when they figure out how to get it to play nice with the cameras. For cars that don't have the radar hardware, that's not an option.

Oh wow I just talked to my SA and he was SUPER NICE. He reached out to me to let me know that my car is in transit and will arrive by tomorrow. We confirmed my Friday appointment. I asked him about payment because my page says "We will contact you to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery" and that hasn't happened. He said to look for the MVPA on my page and was surprised it wasn't there so he said he would look into it and get back o me. Anyway, real friendly guy, but we are a customer service town so that should be expected.

I'm really thinking they are having issues updating the FW. That lot should be damn near empty after the recent VIN giveaway.
Here are the pictures from last week at Kansas City. On Wednesday's I normally have work around that area so I will check again this Wednesday. I might even walk inside and find out what is the deal. My SA was good initially. From last week he has not been responding either. One of the other person who took delivery last week said that his SA told him they have to get rid of all this inventory by May end but does not look like they made any progress.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-05-26 at 6.40.21 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-26 at 6.40.21 PM (2).jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 52
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-05-26 at 6.40.21 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-26 at 6.40.21 PM (1).jpeg
    246.9 KB · Views: 46
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-05-26 at 6.40.21 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-26 at 6.40.21 PM.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: dsandhu
View attachment 668233Took delivery in Colorado today. VIN 188XXX. Trade-in process with Model 3 and delivery was smooth. Reminds me of why I love Tesla's process so much than other dealerships. Model Y is almost perfect except for one ding on the trim. Passenger lumbar is not there but PPF on the front and back bumper is included.
Front and back bumper but now side door panels?

Here are the pictures from last week at Kansas City. On Wednesday's I normally have work around that area so I will check again this Wednesday. I might even walk inside and find out what is the deal. My SA was good initially. From last week he has not been responding either. One of the other person who took delivery last week said that his SA told him they have to get rid of all this inventory by May end but does not look like they made any progress.
That is just insane!

I am supposed to pick up in KC and haven't had an EDD since Friday. I wonder if KC has some issue that is causing them to not get cars out, thus they don't know what sort of EDD to give those of us picking up from them. I'm hoping they start getting rid of their inventory soon!

I went inside the Kansas City SC and talked to a SA today to see where my car is located currently. I have delivery scheduled for 6/10. They told me the car has moved from Fremont to Chicago and is scheduled on a truck to be moved from Chicago sometimes early next week. She also said I can try to call on 6/4 to see if the car has arrived so I may be able to do a 6/5 delivery. Sounds a little too good to be true to be honest. Also if that’s the case, what do I tell my insurance when to start the policy?

I went inside the Kansas City SC and talked to a SA today to see where my car is located currently. I have delivery scheduled for 6/10. They told me the car has moved from Fremont to Chicago and is scheduled on a truck to be moved from Chicago sometimes early next week. She also said I can try to call on 6/4 to see if the car has arrived so I may be able to do a 6/5 delivery. Sounds a little too good to be true to be honest. Also if that’s the case, what do I tell my insurance when to start the policy?
If you are picking up at the State Line DC, I think your car is already there.