Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The truth is that the SAs don't really owe you anything. They make no commission and have really no say on when your car arrives. When I test drove the car, the SAs were pretty clear that I should only expect to take delivery during the last month of the quarter, which has proven true for nearly everyone thus far. I ordered mine two days after you (through Tesla website) and my car is still on a truck from the west coast. Just take a deep breath. You WILL get your car in the next couple of weeks.
At least you know your car is on a truck. I don't even have a VIN.

My wife doesn't care if the passenger seat has the lumbar adjustment or not, so not important to us. However, this could be a big deal for some Model Y owners and since the vast majority of reservations holders are not on this board, I think Tesla should reach out to them to inform them of the change. I hope this isn't the case, but it would be a shame for a reservation holder who was counting on this feature, waiting a month or two for delivery only to find out this feature is not there.
Seriously? Sorry, there’s a 0% chance Tesla reaches out to anyone. If someone wants to reject delivery due to lumbar, Tesla will happily reassign the VIN. Demand far outstrips supply.

I've personally never used lumbar in any of my cars. I find them to be more uncomfortable than without... but I suppose its entirely depended on how your body is shaped... everyone is different

Its one of those things that you set it and forget it. After hearing about it with Tesla situation, I had to go check in my current vehicle to see if I have it, as I expected from the class of vehicle, it does have it and is in fully extended position. And it reminded me how uncomfortable it is whenever I (rarely) sit in someone else’s vehicle that don’t have it.

At the end of the day it’s not a deal killer but taking it away without saying anything makes Tesla look dishonest. They dont have a great reputation as it is.

My wife doesn't care if the passenger seat has the lumbar adjustment or not, so not important to us. However, this could be a big deal for some Model Y owners and since the vast majority of reservations holders are not on this board, I think Tesla should reach out to them to inform them of the change. I hope this isn't the case, but it would be a shame for a reservation holder who was counting on this feature, waiting a month or two for delivery only to find out this feature is not there.
Contact with our SC about the missing lumbar control on passengers front. Sent a write up and pix.

In so many words we were told: That item is no longer on the MY as of recent build dates.

They are not going to add it in, and might save a few pounds of car weight. Besides, these seats are super comfy already.

Don't tell the passenger, they will never know.

:)

Seriously? Sorry, there’s a 0% chance Tesla reaches out to anyone. If someone wants to reject delivery due to lumbar, Tesla will happily reassign the VIN. Demand far outstrips supply.
What everyone forgets is that everything on this car is run through the computer. Elon tweeted that something like 97% of passenger side lumbar support was never used. They don't need to wait to find out if it's being used; they have the data right in front of them. With that said, I do think that's a bit misleading, as probably 90% of owners are alone in their cars most of the time, meaning that 3% is actually more like 30% ***of the time a passenger is in the car***

Reactions: elguapo
What everyone forgets is that everything on this car is run through the computer. Elon tweeted that something like 97% of passenger side lumbar support was never used. They don't need to wait to find out if it's being used; they have the data right in front of them. With that said, I do think that's a bit misleading, as probably 90% of owners are alone in their cars most of the time, meaning that 3% is actually more like 30% ***of the time a passenger is in the car***
It’s a BS tweet from Elon. Simply they didn’t have the supply to proceed (and/or the supply pricing went up dramatically - which is the other side of the same coin). Typically if there is a family member who almost always sits in the passenger seat, you set up the lumbar support once and there is no reason to set it again.

The truth is that the SAs don't really owe you anything. They make no commission and have really no say on when your car arrives. When I test drove the car, the SAs were pretty clear that I should only expect to take delivery during the last month of the quarter, which has proven true for nearly everyone thus far. I ordered mine two days after you (through Tesla website) and my car is still on a truck from the west coast. Just take a deep breath. You WILL get your car in the next couple of weeks.
I can't agree with any of that. They are employees of Tesla, holding a Sales Associate position and we are the customers (paying a sh**ton I might add) and we are "owed" something, the truth, good or bad (and to be treated decently at least..). If they don't know, say it, don't lie about it (which I was 4 weeks in a row). How they're paid is not my concern, it's theirs and Tesla. I expect excellent customer and they (in my opinion) have lacked this completely (not all, some were great). As far as the end of quarter, I can partially agree with you, it worked out that way for me but I've been sitting here watching people that ordered way after me (many in May) take delivery over the last couple of weeks. Some of those I'm sure were either rejected or the customer pulled out at the last moment but not all. If I learned anything over the last couple of months, no one knows the Tesla process, not even the employees. I've said it before and I'll say it again, competition is coming and Tesla better tighten this sh** up or they will sink...

I can't agree with any of that. They are employees of Tesla, holding a Sales Associate position and we are the customers (paying a sh**ton I might add) and we are "owed" something, the truth, good or bad (and to be treated decently at least..). If they don't know, say it, don't lie about it (which I was 4 weeks in a row). How they're paid is not my concern, it's theirs and Tesla. I expect excellent customer and they (in my opinion) have lacked this completely (not all, some were great). As far as the end of quarter, I can partially agree with you, it worked out that way for me but I've been sitting here watching people that ordered way after me (many in May) take delivery over the last couple of weeks. Some of those I'm sure were either rejected or the customer pulled out at the last moment but not all. If I learned anything over the last couple of months, no one knows the Tesla process, not even the employees. I've said it before and I'll say it again, competition is coming and Tesla better tighten this sh** up or they will sink...
Couldn't agree more with you 👏

The best suggestion I’ve heard to to put the funds in a separate account - not your regular checking or savings - that doesn’t have overdraft transfers setup. That way they only have access to those exact funds, and nothing else.
Interesting because I thought my credit union was going to overnight a check to me, to my pleasant surprise they are doing a wire transfer, the bank account part scared me, so i was like cashiers check or wire

Reactions: Emmadiane