Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just want to share my experience with Tesla. I ordered the Model Y on 5/6. I got a VIN assigned to me on 5/28. My schedule delivery was today June 6th, 2021. After placing the order, it was very frustrating. The customer support is non-existent. I tried to get in touch with my delivery center in mount kisco NY. They always seemed to be to busy. I did talk to a few people there but it's not like your typical dealership. They really don't do a good job explaining the process. A week before delivery, I wanted to know what my final payment would be without a trade in. My current order had the trade in. I sent an email to my assigned SA and another advisor. My assigned SA never got back to me. He claimed he was to busy. In all the years working at Tesla, he has never been this busy. I don't believe him for a minute. The other advisor gave me the wrong numbers. On Friday, two days ago I told them I really need to know the final payment with out the trade in. They never gave it to me. The only way I found out was after I asked them to remove my trade in. I removed the trade in because I got a better offer via CarMax. Tesla offered me $6900, while CarMax offered $8400. I went to the bank on Saturday to get the cashier's check. On Sunday, I was preparing to go pick up the car. I look at my account. I see that the final payment is different than the cashier check by $60. The loan showed it was $100 more. If I was able to talk with an actual person about the discrepancy I would have been ok. This just added to my frustrations. The lack of customer service was the deal breaker. I canceled my order three hours before pick up. I feel that the customer service will be just as bad at the service center. This is unacceptable to me. I will put my hard earned money elsewhere. Tesla has great cars but the lack of customer service will hurt them at some point. Right now they have high demand. When more competition enters the EV market, the lack of process and customer service will hurt Tesla.

Wow. You’re a patient person. At this point I’m so worked up that I can’t see a scenario where I’d cancel my purchase. Tesla would have to straight up refuse to sell it to me for me to not get it. Even then I’d be begging like a crackhead, trying to bl*w SAs in the alley behind service center.

Which Delivery Center did you pickup from? (also, congratulations!)
Thanks, it was at Buena Park, CA. Wish I could say it was perfect. Had few issues, going to their service center this week to get it addressed. Mirror misalignment, window scratches, wind noise only in the back area when driving, interior issues, paint issues, and then had what most people had here the seat trim cover on the 2nd row falls off easily. I would recommend people to report issues as you find them even if you don't want to risk having them to fix it that could cause more problems, but document it for your own sakes/paper trail, and it also holds their QA accountable for better future cars.

That’s not true. I ordered and then called the Delivery Experience Manager and he was able to take my existing referral code (I already own a Tesla) and apply it to my order. The amount of lazy misinformation coming from Tesla “representatives” is a shame. I feel like I want to start a Tesla buyer consulting business.
Not a half bad business idea. There are already auto lease brokers and auto purchase brokers for people who are fed up with dealing with traditional dealerships. Pay a flat fee, and the broker will handle all the negotiations and the buyer gets a car delivered to the driveway with everything all set up. A white glove Tesla purchase broker would be appealing to quite a few people tired of their subpar customer service.

I feel like I still have the latest EDD on here...after it being late June for so long and having it switch to this overnight a couple days ago, I'm really hoping it changes back to something earlier, even if it is in Q3. This is complete insanity. If it came as late as the last day in this range, it would be a few days short of 5 months from order to delivery. Why?!

Screenshot_20210606-150639_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Abadole
I feel like I still have the latest EDD on here...after it being late June for so long and having it switch to this overnight a couple days ago, I'm really hoping it changes back to something earlier, even if it is in Q3. This is complete insanity. If it came as late as the last day in this range, it would be a few days short of 5 months from order to delivery. Why?!

View attachment 670321
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Reactions: GoGators!
I don't think it works that way. I ordered online and didn't see a place to put the referral code. So I called and they said I would need to cancel my order and reorder using the link with the code.
I did not find where to put the code either but instead someone recommended me to email [email protected] with my order number and the referral code. They came back after 3 days and said they have applied the referral code into my account.

Actually you can set it to use A/C or not. Although there may be another parameter hidden there, as my car is currently registering 140 degrees interior in the app but the overheat protection isn't running even though I have it set to run with A/C. It's currently unplugged and at 63% SOC so seems strange.
Thanks, @DanDi58 , I did not know that. I don't recall having that option in the Model S. There was only an on/off toggle for Cabin Overheat Protection on the screen. I just checked the Model Y owner's manual and, as you mentioned, it gives the AC and No AC options. However, in the Model S owners manual the AC is automatic (when needed) if you turn on Cabin Overheat Protection. I mistakenly thought COP was fans only on the Model S.

Reactions: DanDi58

View attachment 670321
Wow, with a delivery timeframe that late, my MS might beat you.

I think I'd almost put a hundred down on a new order and see if it showed any sooner. Like betting on red or black on the roulette wheel. I totally feel your pain though. Mine kept going to the right of the timeline. My lesson learned was don't change the order when the delivery timeframes are this crazy.

Does anyone know what happens if the EDD is beyond the 30-day trade in date? I have another vehicle, so I’d be fine to trade in prior to receiving the new one, but the SA didn’t seem to know if that was possible.
I was told the trade would have to be revalued. So I took the sure thing and sold trade even though the Tesla offer would have been the best overall (when factoring in sales tax savings).

I wanted the sure thing rather than risk it as I heard several people saw significant drops in their trade value when this happened. I saved insurance, maintenance, a car payment and more so it worked out pretty well. Well that was the plan anyone but all the crazy delivery timeframe changes screwed that up.

Reactions: und2000