Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, nothing yet. My EDD is now 6/10 - 6/15 which means it could (theoretically) happen Thursday or Friday of this week. I've yet to hear anything from them and the final payment option hasn't appeared in my account. They did check my VIN last week and confirmed my car had rolled off the production line and was in route from Fremont so I figure if nothing's changed by Tuesday morning, I'll call them again.
You have the exact same config as me, minus fsd.

Did we end up correlating the timing of receiving this email with receiving a VIN? I just received this email, however my dates are still solidly July 20-August 9 =\
When I check my initial order which was a MYLR MSM, it still has no vin and the EDD still keeps getting pushed out further and further. The EDD now says 6/9 -6/28. On 6/2 I searched the inventory stock, placed a new ordered and received a vin immediately. On Friday, June 4th I took delivery of a beautiful red MYLR and have been enjoying it over the weekend. I named her Skittles. Lol!

Attachments

• IMG_0456.JPG
    IMG_0456.JPG
    599.2 KB · Views: 65
That email was from my initial reservation. When I check my initial order which was a MYLR MSM, it still has no vin and the EDD still keeps getting pushed out further and further. The EDD now says 6/9 -6/28. On 6/2 I searched the inventory stock, placed a new ordered and received a vin immediately. On Friday, June 4th I took delivery of a beautiful red MYLR and have been enjoying it over the weekend. I named her Skittles. Lol!

Tesla cancelled the Plaid+ and this was listed in the same article.
Tesla delivered a record 184,877 vehicles in the first quarter of 2021, despite "really severe supply chain issues." However, the Model 3 and Y accounted for 182,847 of the deliveries, while the Model S and X accounted for 2,030 deliveries.

I believe they had even more orders in the 2ns quarter and every car company was hit with supply chain issues - go look at new car dealerships - The ones near me have no new cards hardly for the ones in demand and used car prices went through the roof in the past 30 days.

I know it’s frustrating- partly because they shouldn’t even give out EDDs and partly because they definitely have some crappy SAs!! I’ve been lucky in the few times I talked to ones - if I got a bad I’ve on the phone I just called back later or used the chat function and hot much better assistance.
The other part is you have to remember to hat you are ordering a special order basically from
an IT company and not how you are used to buying cars where you go decide between the black or red one from the 20 on the lot.
Either way, I’m thankful for this board as it has made the time go by faster feeling like I’m in the same boat with others!

Reactions: elguapo
For those of us still around and waiting for our radar-less cars, I saw this posted on Reddit:
. A great explanation on why Tesla is dropping radar in favor of pure vision.
This makes a lot of sense. Visible lights contain much more information than the reflected radio or laser waves, so cameras can obtain much more information than radar or lidar at any given time to allow for computers to make better decisions. And we can't ignore the fact that the traffic systems are mostly designed for obtaining information visually (through human eyes).

Clearly batched. My MY LR 7 seater from inventory is VIN 202,xxx. It’s still in Fremont, but tentative delivery is 6/19. I’d expect ours to be on the same truck, so I like your dates moving up!

They seemed to have built too many 7 seaters and MYPs as those seemed to dominate the inventory.

Also in MD with a 7 seater, 6/19-6/30 but no VIN so I am not sure that is the case?

Also in MD with a 7 seater, 6/19-6/30 but no VIN so I am not sure that is the case?
I think some of it depends on order date. Mine is an inventory car as I got tired of the absurd wait. My point was the 202,xxx’s are all likely 7 seaters. You may yet get a VIN and be told it’s time to take delivery! Looks like it’s happened fast for folks and your EDD is around the time of ours.

I reached out to a chat rep on the tesla website and they were able to add the referral code in after placing my order. No cancellation needed.
I tried that with my SA but they said cancellation was the only option. I didn't push it. After all I'm spending what's a bit more at the superchargers :)
Weekend delivery is unlikely, pickup will be a better choice. But most likely you will see yours get push back 1 day everyday. I have 6/5-6/19, and it's been moved back a day everyday for the past 4 days.
My EDD went from 6/15-6/30, 6/16-6/30, 6/17-6/30, 6/18-6/30 to now 6/8-6/11 :) but I haven't received a call

Reactions: elguapo