Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So frustrated with Tesla today... So I had booked my appointment for my delivery this Tuesday and then was even able to switch to Monday (tomorrow). I Got super excited, sold my car yesterday, did my insurance and all my accessories started arriving today.

I called the SC yesterday and they confirmed everything was good to go.

Today I get a call from my SA that my car was re-routed to North Carolina and so they need to change my delivery to next week. He said it was a mistake that didn't get fixed and so my car got delivered all the way to North Carolina. I live in South Florida!! really???!! how is that possible Tesla!

Does anyone have that happen or something similar? What did you do? I need a car to go to work! lol Can they maybe give out a loaner in the meantime? This is my first time dealing with Tesla and it hasn't been a good experience so far!
Wow, nothing like sitting on a bubble. I went with a demo car last week. The SAs didn't even know about it. Tried to schedule the delivery last week with no luck. The expected final delivery dates kept changing every day.

Went in today and got in touch with a better SA. Turns out the reason the service center couldn't schedule the delivery is at the time I matched to its VIN, it was in Tennessee (last week). Now today it was on a truck in Tampa and should be to the nearest service center to me (Jacksonville) tomorrow.

I know it is hard, but be patient. Hopefully this mucked-up process will be worth it in the end. Just inspect it very carefully. I can't believe I am finally getting off the delivery roller coaster (assuming no issues with the car). Not exactly the model I wanted originally but better than waiting until August like my last EDD was before getting the demo car.

MY delivery date.jpg

So frustrated with Tesla today... So I had booked my appointment for my delivery this Tuesday and then was even able to switch to Monday (tomorrow). I Got super excited, sold my car yesterday, did my insurance and all my accessories started arriving today.

Today I get a call from my SA that my car was re-routed to North Carolina and so they need to change my delivery to next week. He said it was a mistake that didn't get fixed and so my car got delivered all the way to North Carolina. I live in South Florida!! really???!! how is that possible Tesla!

Does anyone have that happen or something similar? What did you do? I need a car to go to work! lol Can they maybe give out a loaner in the meantime? This is my first time dealing with Tesla and it hasn't been a good experience so far!
Mine was pushed til next Wednesday 16th my car must be on same truck 😩

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. This is ridiculous that the car went to NC. I lost faith in Tesla myself today. They really seem to be disorganized. I canceled my order. I was supposed to pick it up in NY from CT today. I wish you the best in your pursuit of the car. I hope everything works out for you. I was very bummed today that I cancelled my order.

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. This is ridiculous that the car went to NC. I lost faith in Tesla myself today. They really seem to be disorganized. I canceled my order. I was supposed to pick it up in NY from CT today. I wish you the best in your pursuit of the car. I hope everything works out for you. I was very bummed today that I cancelled my order.

Getting your teeth pulled is easier than getting a car from Tesla. I can go get a $500K Lamborghini/Ferrari/Rolls Royce/Bentley from the showroom right now, but I can't even go pick up a Tesla that's sitting in their holding lot because "they like to do business differently than the traditional car dealership" is what the sales manager said to me. 🥴

The bright side of cancelling your order is you probably made someone else very happy.

Getting your teeth pulled is easier than getting a car from Tesla. I can go get a $500K Lamborghini/Ferrari/Rolls Royce/Bentley from the showroom right now, but I can't even go pick up a Tesla that's sitting in their holding lot because "they like to do business differently than the traditional car dealership" is what the sales manager said to me. 🥴
An advisor told me last week "we are not your family dealership" I thought ain't that the truth. And you have no clue how to treat your customers. I heard countless times that we are so busy it takes days to get back to people. From reading this forum,it sounds like it has been this way for years.

Thank you and I’m sorry you had to cancel your order. It’s very disappointing for the amount of money we are paying for these cars, the customer service is lacking tremendously. At least my SA is cool and he called me as soon as he found out. It’s not his fault but this was a big mistake from Tesla. I just hope when my car gets here, it’s not all scratched up. I’m so disappointed.

An advisor told me last week "we are not your family dealership" I thought ain't that the truth. And you have no clue how to treat your customers. I heard countless times that we are so busy it takes days to get back to people. From reading this forum,it sounds like it has been this way for years.
They need to shape up. With all these competitions coming, they need to step up their game.

Figured I post another MD update here. Details in my sig already but for mobile guys, ordered 5/14, MYLR 7-seat, VIN: 202***

For the last week or so, my EDD has been updated daily being pushed up a day, it's like watching a baby learn how to walk towards you for the first time...

May 29: "3-13 weeks"
June 1: 6/16-6/22
June 2: 6/14-6/20
June 3: 6/13-6/19
June 4-5: 6/12-6/18
June 6: 6/11-6/17
If you turn your phone horizontally (landscape mode) your sig shows up. Bam 💥 😎

Lots of people are excited about their cars, I get it. But Tesla is facing near record demand AND a global parts shortage too. While I get that SAs can improve their front-facing customer experience, I think it’s also better (for our own mental health) to take a longer term wait approach. We’ll all get our cars at some point.
Pretty much this

SAs are a crapshoot tbh mines i literally did not speak to or got a update ever thru the entire process since i ordered

i think the other aspect is yea tesla wants to be different and people aren't super fine with that i guess, ngl i would be happier if there was more comms like people have mentioned thru the process because as is its pretty obvious 90% here have never bought a car like this, its nice walking to pretty much any dealership and just walk away with w.e car u basically want, luxury vehicles included

not the end of the world for me i understood this process was different but i also understand why its a double edge sword going this way imo

Agree 💯%. They won't shape up until the demand goes down. Tesla has a very high demand. I think they have the best tech, mileage, and battery available currently. There will be competition that changes them eventually. It might take a few more years.
I think we miss the point. Uncle Elon has achieved Tesla’s mission. He wanted to prove EVs were viable as daily commuter cars and for road trips and Tesla’s done that. All the competition that’s creeping up is because Tesla proved the market. That’s enough for Musk. If competitors get more of the market because of better service in 1, 2, or 3 years, I really don’t think Musk will care. He’s started the revolution, will always be associated with EVs going mainstream and that was the goal. The goal was not to be the Ford or Toyota of EVs. If Tesla is the next Blackberry, I don’t think Musk would care.

That’s not to say I agree. I don’t. But I believe he’s achieved his core mission.

Figured I post another MD update here. Details in my sig already but for mobile guys, ordered 5/14, MYLR 7-seat, VIN: 202***

For the last week or so, my EDD has been updated daily being pushed up a day, it's like watching a baby learn how to walk towards you for the first time...

May 29: "3-13 weeks"
June 1: 6/16-6/22
June 2: 6/14-6/20
June 3: 6/13-6/19
June 4-5: 6/12-6/18
June 6: 6/11-6/17
Clearly batched. My MY LR 7 seater from inventory is VIN 202,xxx. It’s still in Fremont, but tentative delivery is 6/19. I’d expect ours to be on the same truck, so I like your dates moving up!

They seemed to have built too many 7 seaters and MYPs as those seemed to dominate the inventory.

I forgot you already have your VIN. So exciting! But they haven't scheduled a delivery appointment yet?
Nope, nothing yet. My EDD is now 6/10 - 6/15 which means it could (theoretically) happen Thursday or Friday of this week. I've yet to hear anything from them and the final payment option hasn't appeared in my account. They did check my VIN last week and confirmed my car had rolled off the production line and was in route from Fremont so I figure if nothing's changed by Tuesday morning, I'll call them again.