Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, and maybe this is a thread topic or should be one... but has anyone tried to figure out the average "time to vin" and "time to delivery" statistics based on the data accumulated in the tracking spreadsheet? Or does Tesla just pick and choose and there's no rhyme or reason?

Since I placed my order only a week ago, when should I start freaking out about getting a vin... is my point lol
It's actually in that spreadsheet. Up at the top above the three columns "Order to VIN, VIN to Delivery, and Order to Delivery".

Current averages:

Order to VIN - 47 days
VIN to Delivery - 10 days
Order to Delivery - 63 days

I just had the worst delivery experience at Renton - the demo model never went through detail, and had a lot of the moving adhesive still on the front bumper/delivery stickers still on, interior was filthy, and the front drivers wheel arch plastic had markings on them. I told the manager that I just wanted the piece replaced (it's $100 online) and she said no - that this is a demo unit and comes as is.

They brought their detail guy out to rub the plastic wheel arch - which can't be done because its plastic, needs to be replaced. I told him to stop touching my car with his dirty towel, and he got in my face. He told me he is ready to take an assault case, called me racist, said to watch my back, etc etc. all while the managers stood there and did nothing, and just threw up their hands. Store manager then tells me to leave their property before she calls the police and report me for trespassing.

In my 40+ years of living, I have not ever experienced anything like this. Even in general, day to day - I have never been in this type of situation, where an employee; or anyone in general was ready to assault me because I told him not to touch my car.

I still am in shock, and not really sure what to do. I just wanted to purchase a vehicle. :(
Jesus

Took delivery (ordered 4/17) today in Superior, CO! Last-minute confusion between the Tesla people and the loan people almost delayed it, but it was cleared up in the nick of time. The blue color is better than I thought — almost electric on a cloudless Colorado day. No lumbar, VIN 199. The car is flawless except for a missing bracket on the passenger visor (need to schedule a service appointment).They already had a note on the car that it was missing a 'clip' but we didn't think to look there.

The Tesla folks said they are getting ~160 cars into the Superior location next week — the second half of June is gonna be crazy, folks! If you're waiting on a Q2 order, hang in there. The car is amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_9518.jpeg
    IMG_9518.jpeg
    685.7 KB · Views: 63
I swear I read someplace that they don't take personal checks. Thats what im hoping to do... do you have a delivery date scheduled yet with the SC?
My brother paid with a personal check yesterday when picking up his ride. They gave him no issues for looking at the car before providing the personal check. I plan on doing the same thing when i pick up on the 20th.

Just curious, and maybe this is a thread topic or should be one... but has anyone tried to figure out the average "time to vin" and "time to delivery" statistics based on the data accumulated in the tracking spreadsheet? Or does Tesla just pick and choose and there's no rhyme or reason?

Since I placed my order only a week ago, when should I start freaking out about getting a vin... is my point lol
It sounds like they generally try to fulfill orders by many different variables like distance from factory (east coast to west coast), options (MYP , seats, or colors get built in batches) and other variables. Probably looking at last quarter with an order date in the last month of the quarter with a similar build and in a state around yours will give you a sense of timing.

Don't freak out yet. 😂

Yeah, the delivery guy (in Dublin, CA) told me about 3 weeks back that they wouldn't accept personal checks -- cashiers/certified or ACH only. However I'm pretty sure there has been one or two people in the last couple of weeks who said they did take personal checks. I'm planning on going to the bank and getting a certified check, just to be safe.
Our delivery center clearly said no personal checks. Only wire or cashier's checks. I would hate to get my delivery bumped because I didn't get a cashier's check.

Word of advice to those that have delivery appointments already, call your service center like a day or 2 before your appointment and confirm that appointment. And by that I mean make sure the car is at least at the service center. I had a delivery appointment that was confirmed by the SC a few days before the actual appointment. They confirmed the appointment but forgot to check if that car was even there. I get a call from my SA literally the day before my actual appointment saying that they are changing my appointment to next week because the car was in NC by mistake. So yeahhh… make sure they check that the car is at least in town!!!

100%👆 this happened to me also.