Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it OK to stay on the Proof of Insurance step while waiting for a VIN? In my state (TX) the VIN needs to be on the policy but I don't have a VIN.. Shall I submit it thru with my existing insurance (on another car) even though it says the VIN of the Tesla (which doesn't exist yet) needs to be on the policy, to have the process not be in an incomplete state? Seems like a bit of a catch-22.
Just ignore the insurance step, don't add proof of your current car. This was the same for PA. It ends up going away. It came back after I accepted financing. Then there was another pop-up for insurance. When it went away, I actually also emailed the card I got to my SA and he said he could add it too. I added it anyway when it came back after accepting financing.

I got the insurance card after I received a VIN. My insurance broker said the policy payment terms won't change until I report back when I actually accepted the car. Here is the email he sent to me, because I wasn't sure how it all works either...

1623289247075.png

Took delivery of my MYLR this afternoon. Was supposed to have an appointment at 6pm but got a text this am that it was ready so I went to go pick it up at 4:45 at Springfield. The lot was packed and my car was parked alongside the building. Did all of the inspections and found a bit of a tire curb thing on one of the tires, not the biggest deal, everything else was fine. Unfortunately you have to accept delivery in order to actually be able to look at the inside so I did that. Everything in the inside looked good. No lumbar and no flaps btw but to be completely honest I think people here make too big of a deal about it, it doesn’t actually matter. I signed the paperwork dropped it off and drove it home. When I got home I realized there were a few things off that I didn’t notice upon original inspection, like the coat hanger not staying up. So I need to open up a ticket for it.
The car is awesome, love that instant tourque but everyone in the passenger seat so far hates it.

Bit of a lurker here, but did read the last hundred and fifty pages or so...ordered on 5/15, profile completed 5/17, had an EDD of 4-11 weeks for about a week, then changed to July 19 to August 8, that has remained stable which seems unusual per the posts here, so I am assuming it is largely accurate at least for now. I sometimes feel impatient, but try to remind myself that good things come to those who wait, right? This will be my first EV, though I have had a hybrid before. I have a question or two if anyone here knows the answers:

1. I see folks talking about inspecting the car and having 3 days or 100 miles to report issues. I am assuming that comes with a "whichever is less" provision? I live more than 100 miles from the service center where I will pick up the car, so if I need to take extra time inspecting before I drive home, I'd like to plan for that.
2. I'm in Michigan so I have to pay for the car in full before it crosses the border into the state...anyone here from MI and know what happens if there is an issue? I'd probably be OK with things if they still fix them as under warranty.

Thanks!

I think you received the old version. You should return.

Here are my tags from the driver and passenger mats, that indicate 2021+. I ordered from formytesla.com and used code PT for a $10 discount. Delivery was days after order. Shipment from Fontana, CA.

Driver mat tag:
View attachment 671434

Passenger mat tag:
View attachment 671435
Thanks for the pictures. My set is also the old revision. I guess I'd do a test fit on Friday after my delivery, and contact the seller if the fit is off. I have a 7 seater so the second row may also be a problem.

Bit of a lurker here, but did read the last hundred and fifty pages or so...ordered on 5/15, profile completed 5/17, had an EDD of 4-11 weeks for about a week, then changed to July 19 to August 8, that has remained stable which seems unusual per the posts here, so I am assuming it is largely accurate at least for now. I sometimes feel impatient, but try to remind myself that good things come to those who wait, right? This will be my first EV, though I have had a hybrid before. I have a question or two if anyone here knows the answers:

1. I see folks talking about inspecting the car and having 3 days or 100 miles to report issues. I am assuming that comes with a "whichever is less" provision? I live more than 100 miles from the service center where I will pick up the car, so if I need to take extra time inspecting before I drive home, I'd like to plan for that.
2. I'm in Michigan so I have to pay for the car in full before it crosses the border into the state...anyone here from MI and know what happens if there is an issue? I'd probably be OK with things if they still fix them as under warranty.

Thanks!
Welcome! Impressed you got through a 150 pages!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen definitive proof that you get 3 days or 100 miles. Someone can chime in. But honestly, I think 49 out of 50 issues can be fixed with a service appointment after the fact. I wouldn’t worry too much. Google “Model Y Delivery Checklist” and that should give you what you need to inspect on delivery day.

That all being said, strap in and get ready for the long wait.

Reactions: elguapo
Welcome! Impressed you got through a 150 pages!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen definitive proof that you get 3 days or 100 miles. Someone can chime in. But honestly, I think 49 out of 50 issues can be fixed with a service appointment after the fact. I wouldn’t worry too much. Google “Model Y Delivery Checklist” and that should give you what you need to inspect on delivery day.

That all being said, strap in and get ready for the long wait.
Haha! I am a nerd like that...and it took a while. Thanks for the response, that helps. I am trying to keep my expectations for delivery dates very low...

Took delivery of my MYLR this afternoon. Was supposed to have an appointment at 6pm but got a text this am that it was ready so I went to go pick it up at 4:45 at Springfield. The lot was packed and my car was parked alongside the building. Did all of the inspections and found a bit of a tire curb thing on one of the tires, not the biggest deal, everything else was fine. Unfortunately you have to accept delivery in order to actually be able to look at the inside so I did that. Everything in the inside looked good. No lumbar and no flaps btw but to be completely honest I think people here make too big of a deal about it, it doesn’t actually matter. I signed the paperwork dropped it off and drove it home. When I got home I realized there were a few things off that I didn’t notice upon original inspection, like the coat hanger not staying up. So I need to open up a ticket for it.
The car is awesome, love that instant tourque but everyone in the passenger seat so far hates it.
I know it is quite minor in the grand scheme of things, but has anyone else noticed how many people have reported the clothes hook/hanger thing not staying closed? Interesting. Be sure to check that when you take delivery! 😁

In your sig it notes July 27-Aug 16 EDD. How soon after this EDD did you receive a VIN and delivery scheduling for today?

I've finally managed to take delivery of my MY LR today -- after one of the most horrible experiences of my life, not only buying a car, but buying anything.

Sure, the wait time was awful, and the delays and EDD changes were no fun at all but, once I got the VIN, that's when things got really bad.

Received the VIN and it took a full 7 days to receive the text to schedule delivery. This came after I was lied to multiple times about the whereabouts of the vehicle. Multiple contradictory emails and chat conversations regarding the location of the vehicle.

Then, when I finally tried to schedule delivery, there were no delivery appointments available. At this time my patience had ran out, so I went to the local SC and manage to have them schedule a delivery appointment. I guess in-person interactions work best.

I was given an appointment for a few days later. However, the day before delivery, as I was expecting based on many stories detailed in this very forum, I got a call from the Operations Advisor. They needed more time. Just 24 hours more.

I was done with this mess and made it clear that I was not interested in waiting another day. I was going to be there at 10am today to pickup my car or my deposit. It was their choice. The issue at hand was that, allegedly, during inspection they found that the roof glass was cracked. It needed to be replaced.

Guy said he was going to see what he could do. Then called back an hour later to let me know that he now needed a Few more days. The glass was "not in stock" and it had to be ordered. However, the car was ready and I could take delivery and have it fixed later on.

I said I would come over to take a look at the car. And so I did.

Well, they couldn't find the car which was supposedly charging. Then they eventually found the car and... "good news! the glass came in and they're replacing it now".

So they asked if I wanted to come back later or hang around and wait. I chose to wait.

No more than 5 minutes later they come back with a new story. Well, the car is going to take time to be done. The glue has to cure so it will be ready tomorrow morning at 10:00am, as originally scheduled.

Me: Do you promise?

Them: Sure, we promise. It will be ready today but it will cure overnight and it will be ready for you first thing in the morning.

Me: Are you sure?

Them: Absolutely. See you tomorrow at 10:00am.

And so, to apace me, they gave me a demo (mind you, I drove there in my own vehicle).

I drove the demo yesterday and came to work this morning, waiting for 9:45am to head out to get delivery.

At around 9:00am the phone rings. It's Tesla -- a new person, because the Operations Advisor is not working today. This new guys doesn't know what's going on but all he knows is they need another 24 hours because the glass still needs to be replaced and it will take them a day before it can be ready for delivery.

Well, I'm sure you can imagine how that conversation went. But in the end, I told him I was going to be there at 10:00am to take delivery of the car, as originally scheduled, and as I had been promised the day before. He had to go figure out how to make that happen.

I went to the SC at 10:00am and, magically, the car's glass had been replaced (that is, if it was really broken to begin with -- I have my doubts because the day before they were not very keen to let me see the car.)

I inspected the car and the liner had a big water stain. And the car has a dent on the rear side.

Guy said they will try to clean the stain and, if not, they will replace it, but of course, they will need another 24 hours -- that is if the part was in stock which he wasn't sure if they did or not.

The dent, however, could not be fixed until I accepted delivery and schedule an appointment. They would not / could not fix it prior to it been delivered. Go figure.

He wanted at least a few more hours to look into the liner stain and to come back at 3:00pm.

I had work to do, so I came back to the office and, once 3:00pm came around, I went back and FINALLY took delivery of the vehicle.

I still have to schedule the service appointment and leave the car there so they can fix the dent.

What a wonderful experience. I got in the car and drove away, with no joy or excitement whatsoever. Only a sense of detachment from the car because they totally ruined the entire experience.

What a horrible company.
Wow what a story! So sorry you had such a terrible experience. I told my wife that if this was a regular ice car there is no way we would put up with all this stuff from a car company. Hopefully you get all the issues sorted out and one day you may be able to find some joy in your new ride.

I know it is quite minor in the grand scheme of things, but has anyone else noticed how many people have reported the clothes hook/hanger thing not staying closed? Interesting. Be sure to check that when you take delivery! 😁

I've watched like 30+ delivery day youtube videos for MY :D. There was someone who had that issue where once the hook opened, it was not closing at all.

• Funny
I'm actually wondering how many people have actually used clothes hooks in their cars. I have never ever hung clothes in my car.

For anyone who ordered a MYP I found this on the interwebs:

This might explain why the VIN I was assigned a couple days ago disappeared, and I've yet to see an EDD. Hmm...

• Informative