Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone who ordered a MYP I found this on the interwebs:

This might explain why the VIN I was assigned a couple days ago disappeared, and I've yet to see an EDD. Hmm...
I see the publication date of that article as October 2020.

MYP delivery in Tampa today. Woohoo! Pretty damn clean overall. I had to slightly pop in a driver side pillar cover, and there was one tiny abrasion in the paint on the passenger pillar, as well as a blemish the size of a fruit fly on the hood paint. Scheduled service via app (as per service center personnel) for next week. SC friendly and well organized.

In regards to ride quality/harshness of ride for MYP, I think picky people are being way too picky. Feels great to me, especially when considering it’s a lowered suspension. Girlfriend even commented how nice it felt.

I’ve also found that audiophile people in various threads elsewhere on TMC complaining about low audio quality either have super power hearing or (more likely IMO) are feeling left out in the cold because they can’t find a way to spend $50k on a tube amp that will fit in the frunk/they can’t edgelord about high fidelity audio. Honestly it sounds great both streaming and via Bluetooth. You’re not buying an audiophile home stereo system. It’s a car, bro.

I used the polymorphic checklist via GitHub on my phone and it seems pretty comprehensive.

overall, my impression is that it’s likely that a healthy percentage of the sour grapes people in this forum are way too picky, while also acknowledging that there are too many legitimate nightmare stories out there.

10/10 pleased so far at the end of day 1.

no ppf, no mud flaps, no passenger lumbar support.

Attachments

• 6D629C12-3759-4509-8607-668C42CC43EB.jpeg
    6D629C12-3759-4509-8607-668C42CC43EB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
MYP delivery in Tampa today. Woohoo! Pretty damn clean overall. I had to slightly pop in a driver side pillar cover, and there was one tiny abrasion in the paint on the passenger pillar, as well as a blemish the size of a fruit fly on the hood paint. Scheduled service via app (as per service center personnel) for next week. SC friendly and well organized.

In regards to ride quality/harshness of ride for MYP, I think picky people are being way too picky. Feels great to me, especially when considering it’s a lowered suspension. Girlfriend even commented how nice it felt.

I’ve also found that audiophile people in various threads elsewhere on TMC complaining about low audio quality either have super power hearing or (more likely IMO) are feeling left out in the cold because they can’t find a way to spend $50k on a tube amp that will fit in the frunk/they can’t edgelord about high fidelity audio. Honestly it sounds great both streaming and via Bluetooth. You’re not buying an audiophile home stereo system. It’s a car, bro.

I used the polymorphic checklist via GitHub on my phone and it seems pretty comprehensive.

overall, my impression is that it’s likely that a healthy percentage of the sour grapes people in this forum are way too picky, while also acknowledging that there are too many legitimate nightmare stories out there.

Nice! To be fair, a lot of the ride harshness comments might be from 2020 MYP. They’ve apparently made the ride a lot better since.

Nice, and congrats! I keep second-guessing myself on not ordering the blue, but I don't want to turn back now. Such a great color, though!

I ordered 4/16, Model Y | LR | White / Black | 19" | 5 | No Tow

My timeline.

I ordered 4/16.

05/14... MAY 22 - JUNE 11
05/17... JUNE 17 - JUNE 30
05/22... MAY 31 - JUNE 13
06/01... JUNE 6 - JUNE 25
06/05... JUNE 9 - JUNE 29
06/08... 3~11 WEEKS
06/09... JUNE 11 - JUNE 25

But, still no VIN yet.
My EDD is 6/13-6/30 with a similar build except FSD and I ordered much later in the month. Fingers crossed that we hear soon!

For insurance purposes does the MY have security/alarm features? Do we get roadside assistance from Tesla?
We do get roadside I think up to 500 miles to a SC. I'm not sure about alarm though

EDIT
I saw this link about an alarm for the model 3. I'd be surprised if the Y did not have it.

Last edited:
Drove about 50-60 miles this evening on an overnight test drive, 2021 MYLR with 20” inductions. I must say the ride is a bit stiff, seats not as plush, and the interior noise is quite numbing even with music on. Maybe I’ve been too spoilt driving my Avalon Hybrid Limited last few years, it’s definitely leaps & bounds better in terms of overall comfort and near zero cabin noise. I drove the Y on the same routes and speeds that I typically do on the Avalon to make it a fair comparison. I keep reminding myself the tesla $$$ is for the technology and not so much overall build quality or comfort….

Drove about 50-60 miles this evening on an overnight test drive, 2021 MYLR with 20” inductions. I must say the ride is a bit stiff, seats not as plush, and the interior noise is quite numbing even with music on. Maybe I’ve been too spoilt driving my Avalon Hybrid Limited last few years, it’s definitely leaps & bounds better in terms of overall comfort and near zero cabin noise. I drove the Y on the same routes and speeds that I typically do on the Avalon to make it a fair comparison. I keep reminding myself the tesla $$$ is for the technology and not so much overall build quality or comfort….
The Avalon is the cousin to ES350. I have to agree with your experiences. The steering is abrupt, TACC is abrupt, the shorter wheelbase and sportier suspension is rougher, and the sound system and material quality pales in comparison.

if Lexus had a plug in hybrid, or better yet, electric, I would jump all over that. Tesla feels like a Honda civic with technology packages and a super sport motor.

Disappointed to hear the seats and noise levels are not as good as Avalon! :-(

Reactions: PatrickTM