Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, time for fun speculation that will pay off late tonight and keep our minds of continued Y delays.

Who thinks there will be an announcement (aside from FSD) relating specifically to the Model Y at the Plaid event tonight?

I will go first. I think no. Sole focus on Plaids, S/X refresh specifics and maybe FSD.
I second that, no model Y or 3 specific announcements it will all be about S/X and maybe FSD. I'd love to hear something about Cybertruck though!

Okay, time for fun speculation that will pay off late tonight and keep our minds of continued Y delays.

Who thinks there will be an announcement (aside from FSD) relating specifically to the Model Y at the Plaid event tonight?

I will go first. I think no. Sole focus on Plaids, S/X refresh specifics and maybe FSD.
Agreed. With the way the MYs are flying off the lot, they can just keep raising the price and not change a thing.

What FSD announcement do you think they’ll make? Just subscription? I’m actually rooting for it to get some groundbreaking features — with solid proof that it works. I plan on keeping my car for at least 6/7 years so it would make sense for me to purchase rather than subscribe. But I’m just not even close to being able to justify $10k right now.

Agreed. With the way the MYs are flying off the lot, they can just keep raising the price and not change a thing.

What FSD announcement do you think they’ll make? Just subscription? I’m actually rooting for it to get some groundbreaking features — with solid proof that it works. I plan on keeping my car for at least 6/7 years so it would make sense for me to purchase rather than subscribe. But I’m just not even close to being able to justify $10k right now.
I've heard there are a couple new "modes" coming. Weekend Mode and Travel Mode according to Ryan Shaw on YouTube:

1623333798937.png

Thanks, will do! Also, I spoke with manager at Mt. Kisco and he confirmed that the EDD's are useless. He said that if you ordered in first 3 weeks of May, there is 98-99% you will take delivery before the end of June, ESPECIALLY if you ordered a white LR.
Then I will be in that 1% people, who will not receive in June :)
I ordered on May 14th silver LR

Ordered 5/14 in MD MYLR 5 seater.
My EDD started at 6/14-6/30, today 6/20-6/30.
Ordered 5/4 yesterday picked up MYLR red 5 seated in Owings Mill. They have lots of cars there. The SA said they had 200+ deliveries to make (not sure of timeframe). Car u's great. I never looked at the tires before the 19" are WIDE. Installed the mud flaps this morning. Good luck all.

Reactions: BitJam and elguapo

I agree -- just a focus on Plaids and a big splash on Tesla Vision FSD.

The Avalon is the cousin to ES350. I have to agree with your experiences. The steering is abrupt, TACC is abrupt, the shorter wheelbase and sportier suspension is rougher, and the sound system and material quality pales in comparison.

if Lexus had a plug in hybrid, or better yet, electric, I would jump all over that. Tesla feels like a Honda civic with technology packages and a super sport motor.
Not that it changes the fact the Avalon /ES might ride better and are quieter, but the wheelbase on a Model Y is longer than the Avalon.

Adding air suspension to Performance model.

Reactions: elguapo
I think EDDs are all over the place. Don't think there is method to it's madness. Personally I ordered on 5/21 (MYLR) and up until last week I didn't have a EDD. It then switch to July 11th-31st, then two days ago it went to July 14th-August 3rd.... now it's back to July 11th-31st. Just got to be patient and remember the original timeframe was 3-11 weeks when I ordered. I'm just now hitting the three week mark.

Reactions: elguapo
In atlanta, ordered a white LR on may 7th. My estimated delivery date was 5-8 weeks when I ordered, went away for a few days, and now is showing August 5 - September 5th and constantly slipping. So frustrating, I don't understand why...
Shift in regional focus could be starting now. Learned from this thread that last two weeks of each quarter are reserved for West coast deliveries. Ordered 5/9 and so far my EDD has been holding June 20 - 30 for the past few days.

Reactions: Greg007 and und2000
Been lurking in here for a month - finally posting my first update since I actually have some info now:

MYLR Black/Black, 5 seat, 20" Inductions, no tow, no FSD

5/4:
Order date in Miami, FL (SA said end of June delivery was realistic)
6/3: VIN appeared in Manage Order page, never received a text or email (had to accept the tesla vision update right before the VIN appeared)
6/8: Got a text from Tesla to schedule delivery, and the soonest available delivery day they offered would be 12 days away on 6/20
6/20: Estimated pickup day...crossing my fingers it doesn't get pushed back...

Anybody experience their scheduled pickup day get pushed back for whatever reason?