Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if you have "Navigate on Autopilot" enabled and you've gone into the "Autopilot" settings and told it to change lanes without input it will. but those are settings you have to setup in the computer first. Without that you are also able to fully depress the turn signal (not the quick press that blinks 3 times then turns off) and it will check for safety and then get over for you.

Additionally I think you mentioned it getting "back over" so yes, if you have all the settings configured it will attempt to get into the fastest lane of travel regardless of being on the left or right side of passing vehicles and it will then try to get over in to the more right hand lane if its clear and no traffic impending the speed of your travel. It also learns how you like to drive... so the more you use your turn signal to drive like you would like it to, the better it gets and how it behaves. You'll probably find it to be quite odd in the behavior to start but it gets better. Also, one other thing that ill mention that my husband HATES; when you are on Navigate on Autopilot, the speed that it changes lanes is SLOW much slower then when you manually activate the turn signal to get over, no idea the logic behind this, but its normal so just know that its how it works at least for now lol
Ahaa, this could be a big part of the issue, did not know:

"Without that you are also able to fully depress the turn signal (not the quick press that blinks 3 times then turns off) and it will check for safety and then get over for you."

Reactions: fo_Sean
I wanted to give an update – I called this number 1-888-518-3752 and the folks there were able to work with my SC to switch out the reservations for me so I could keep my original price. Chose not to take delivery at my original location so that I could pick up the car earlier (driving from North Bay out to Stockton, CA which is around 100 miles).
What options did you press? When I call it just keeps routing me to a local SC…

Ahaa, this could be a big part of the issue, did not know:

"Without that you are also able to fully depress the turn signal (not the quick press that blinks 3 times then turns off) and it will check for safety and then get over for you."
Its a common mistake... it will try to get over but the turn signal turns off to fast so either it never has a chance to start the merge or it starts but then jerks back into the lane thinking you changed your mind LOL

A lot of it has to do with where you live too, down here in FL we have these bugs, called love bugs, genetic mutations from a college or something. Any who, they come out once a year to mate in huge massive numbers and when they smash on your paint, their guts will eat your clear coat right off if you dont wash them pretty quickly. So front clip PPF is really a must down here if you do any regular driving and dont want to wash your car every day...
Ohhhh yes! Lol I grew up in central Florida I remember those very very well. Total PITA to clean. I stand corrected!

• Funny
Reactions: digitalboi
You'd think the VIN would be the end of it, but I've had mine for about a week now and still no delivery date and the SA/DA's have no idea where my car is... I think its worse now then when I was still waiting for my VIN 😡🤪
Similar situation….Received a VIN from an inventory car I found in Florida. Been waiting on it for over a week and half now and when I checked in with the SC this afternoon, they tell me the car is still on hold yet they cant seem to find a driver to bring it up to MD. I told them forget it and release the vehicle. I will find another one closer. Frustrating dealing with them.

Here are some really great FSD examples from my first full day. I do have an XP90D with radar, so I am able to compare fairly well. All examples here were on a 4-5 line highway with on/off ramps and going about 62mph. Car was in AP with auto lane change enabled - so I had hands on wheel but just to be safe.

1) Car knew it needed to get into the right line to prepare for an exit about a mile ahead. It was in the third lane from the right. It signaled to move over to the right, all clear, began to move right and was about halfway into the lane when some crazy SUV from two lanes over on the right just veered right into my target lane to go to the lane I was coming from. It may have been 20 feet ahead of me and just moved diagonally at 60+ mph. The Y was perfect. It continued to move into the target lane, but it “saw” the swerving car and slowed down to let it go in front of us and the other moved through the two lanes. The Y then got back up to speed in the correct lane and all was fine. It was super smooth, no crazy hard braking, etc. I was super impressed as it needed to get the distance just right and had no radar.

2) Again, car was moving to exit lane. However, there was a tractor trailer to my right and we were effectively going the same speed. My max speed was 62, but traffic was going about 55. The car showed its target to my right, but also showed the truck as red and so I knew we weren’t going to swipe it. The Y also “saw” the car ahead of the tractor trailer. After a minute or so of going side by side with the truck, the AP realized it needed to do something to get over. It sped up to 62 (my max) passing the tractor trailer, then it slowed so it wouldn’t pass the truck in front of the trailer, and it moved into the lane perfectly at speed. It was super cool.

3) Same as #2, but for whatever reason, the car chose to let the truck go ahead. So, in this case, it slowed, “saw” there was no car behind the truck, and once the truck passed, it got into the lane behind the truck to exit.

All was incredibly smooth, no phantom braking despite several bridges, bright sun, etc. I was incredibly impressed as someone who was terrified to have a car without radar. It handled the three situations above much better and smarter than my X would have. I think my X would’ve had me take over in scenario 1. The visualizations are very clear and gave me a lot of comfort we weren’t going to slam into something.

The only thing I noticed is it requires a lot more “force” on the wheel when you get the AP “alert”. With my X, if my hands are on the wheel, it almost never needs me to “shake” the wheel. With the Y, there were a couple times where I had to move the wheel so much to get the alert to go away, that it actually turned off auto steer and I had to re-engage.

There’s definitely a long way to go, but darn if it wasn’t super cool to see it “think” and make the right decisions.

Long AP post for a delivery thread, but wanted to counterbalance some of the negative FSD feedback.

So like many others I bit the bullet and bought an inventory car since I couldn’t wait for my original order anymore. Originally ordered MYLR blue/black/7/20”/tow on 5/23. But my current EDD was showing late July to early august. With the big inventory drop this morning I found my exact config in black paint so I went for it. My wife wanted black in the first place. I started a new order just in case I want to refuse delivery for some reason, so I’ll keep my old order til then. I called my SA and he said my original order hasn’t even begun the be built, so was looking at early august best case scenario.

The inventory vehicle is not a demo which is my strong preference. But it is transferring from CO to PA, plus it’s $500 more expensive since my original order, so that’s $2500 impatient buyer tax. I’ve come to terms with this.

SA said they couldn’t transfer financing nor could they match my original price. Oh well.

And just got my text to schedule delivery; it’ll be here 6/28. Super stoked! VIN is 206xxx.
Good call! Glad to hear someone else in PGH is getting a car.

I haven’t found a spec that matches mine, and don’t really want to fork out 2k+ for the vehicle price difference before config changes and shipping.

let us know about your delivery experience

Reactions: JohnC-PA
Wahoo! I got the "schedule your delivery" text this evening! I will be taking delivery this coming Friday afternoon. Here's hoping that some of my Pittsburgh friends will be sharing the truck that it will be arriving on.

Kind of an odd change occurred with the scheduling. When the text came in I immediately logged into the scheduling portal and selected the first available timeslot, Wednesday 6/23, and received a confirmation at that time that I had the appointment scheduled. I am now reviewing my account two hours later and seeing that the delivery date has already changed to 6/25. Why even ask me to schedule if you're just going to decide when I need to show up?

Last edited:
I needed to call my SA to let them know the amount I was financing through DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union) and they produced an MVPA which is what DCU needed.
A link to the MVPA showed up on the main page that has the reservation number, VIN, etc. There are three links in the bottom right corner of the page under "Documents". They are to: the Order Agreement, the Lemon Law Disclosure, and the MVPA. I have no idea when the MVPA link showed up. I got my VIN less than 24 hours ago.

Does everyone’s floor mat look like this pic? It doesn’t fit and just looks like it belongs to another vehicle
A81FAF6E-DE73-4B3A-A270-A68F20B684EF.jpeg

Never, I've seen to many horror stories of people who tried to do it on their own. I had a professional do them both for my S down here and it turned out amazing. The prep work the shop does is worth the cost of having it done, it looked like a show car when I got it back, I can't wait to have my MCR done and see it in all its true glory!

Never saw the point in getting any of this done unless you are planning on keeping the car for long term. Otherwise waste of money IMO.

I feel that way too about PPF, not worth it and only doing the next buyer a huge favor. That said, I am a firm believer in ceramic coating for ease of maintenance.

Ceramic coating (with requisite paint correction included) was $1200 on our Model S. The car was pristine after the work and rain just slips right off starting at 15-18 MPH compared to rain drops literally sitting still on the hood of my wife’s Lexus at 65 MPH on the freeway. Ceramic coating keeps the car cleaner longer between washes and washing it takes considerably less time and effort. My time is valuable and the time savings from reduced maintenance made ceramic coating worth it to me. I can justify the benefits alone of ceramic coating but I can’t convince myself to go PPF, and especially not PPF + ceramic coating.

I took ceramic coating for granted after the SC had to replace my windshield. The original windshield had distortion at certain angles. Unfortunately, so did the new windshield, lol. What was worse though was the new windshield obviously lacked ceramic coating and it was such a day-and-night difference. The rim of dirt that follows the path of the wipers started to show again whereas it’s completely absent with ceramic coating. The new windshield looked so much dirtier than the rest of the car after just a week. Furthermore, it was noticeably more effort to clean bird droppings and pollen off the windshield than I was accustomed to with ceramic coating. Of course I never felt it was difficult to remove bird droppings from previous cars but once your muscles have atrophied, from the low effort needed to clean a ceramic-coated car, going back to normal car care feels so hard.

Similar situation….Received a VIN from an inventory car I found in Florida. Been waiting on it for over a week and half now and when I checked in with the SC this afternoon, they tell me the car is still on hold yet they cant seem to find a driver to bring it up to MD. I told them forget it and release the vehicle. I will find another one closer. Frustrating dealing with them.
That’s crazy, I’m sorry to hear that. I bought an inventory car out of Boise this morning that matched my exact specs. Obvious much shorter tranist, but I sure hope it actually comes on time. Scheduled delivery is 6/29

Reactions: BitJam