Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YIKES! You probably only have a 100 am service to the house. You will certainly have to get new service to the house to support the 60 amp breaker for the MY not to mention the A/C you adding in. Not a big deal, but glad you're already prepped mentally for that!
Dosent need a 60 (that’s just the max) amp the Tesla wall charger for example can be set to charge at lower amperage. I have a juice box 40 that’s on a 50amp (and they make a 30 that only needs a 40 amp breaker as well)

I’m on the edge of just calling the $100 deposit a loss and cancelling my order. I ordered a car with autopilot that functions at the speed limit in areas I plan to take the car, sentry mode that detects people nearby, reasonably functional auto-wipers/auto-headlights, dual lumbar, and AEB/lane departure avoidance. Then all of those things got removed (some temporarily, some permanently, some not even acknowledged by Tesla). Even knowing it’s probably going to get partially fixed at some point, I’m having a hard time getting excited anymore about anything involving this purchase. I’m even a little worried there’s going to be more feature-gutting before I see any progress on delivery; I’m back to September/October now despite my 5/15 order.

And to top it all off, the electrician (listed on Tesla’s website) who was supposed to install my 14-50 outlet this morning no-showed. Maybe it’s a sign that I just need to get another car that’s in stock somewhere and try an EV again in a couple of years.

My last job had chargepoint chargers in the garage and it had free charging for the first year before they started charging. Tesla's supercharger network is pretty good right now, from the last 3 years Teslas dont a good job expanding it in the Colorado area, but I think we still need double the superchargers now. Fort Collins doesnt have any, and Colorado Springs only has 1 thats locked in a parking garage.
Tesla is adding 2 new charging station in my area in the near future. we already have 3 in a 30 mile radius. Your job changed the pricing. I dont know how that work. How does chargepoint gets paid. I know the states give companies money to install charging stations

I’m on the edge of just calling the $100 deposit a loss and cancelling my order. I ordered a car with autopilot that functions at the speed limit in areas I plan to take the car, sentry mode that detects people nearby, reasonably functional auto-wipers/auto-headlights, dual lumbar, and AEB/lane departure avoidance. Then all of those things got removed (some temporarily, some permanently, some not even acknowledged by Tesla). Even knowing it’s probably going to get partially fixed at some point, I’m having a hard time getting excited anymore about anything involving this purchase. I’m even a little worried there’s going to be more feature-gutting before I see any progress on delivery; I’m back to September/October now despite my 5/15 order.

And to top it all off, the electrician (listed on Tesla’s website) who was supposed to install my 14-50 outlet this morning no-showed. Maybe it’s a sign that I just need to get another car that’s in stock somewhere and try an EV again in a couple of years.
These things are pretty minor, you're reading too much into the hyper-analysis people do — realize that some of that is to garner clicks/likes/subs, not unlike how regular media sensationalizes "news." It'll be by far the best car you've ever had. The biggest thing right now is delivery IMO, we just sold our last Tesla a couple of weeks ago and it's so so difficult dealing with a gasser until the Y comes. The other day I walked away from our gasser, leaving the keys inside (inc. house keys) with the engine running.. 🤣 Stopping at a gas station once a week (it gets 25+ MPG, quite decent for an SUV!) absolutely sucks, you don't realize it until you've experienced it and you have to go back to the stinky gas station routine.

I feel like visiting this thread too often can be detrimental.. We all do it, and while it can be a support group (what I'm trying to do with this post), it can also exacerbate the frustration of waiting.

This is a downfall of being so proactive in forums. You won't use AP like you think you will. Only real issue is sentry mode not working 100%

Got Vin this Morning for MYLR 7 seater. Pickup is Seattle/Renton.
DBM BW interior NO TOW NO FSD.
Vin 216XXX.

My timeline.

1. Order date 4/19.
  2. Completed loan and got approved: 5/5.
  3. EDD in May was steady at 6/9 - 6/29
  4. In June my dates started going nuts.
  5. Few days without EDD in June
  6. After 6/9 EDD was fluctuating between June.
  7. I once got EDD outside of June 6/30 -7/20 for a couple of Days.
  8. From 6/15 I stared getting a moving target of 3 days away. I.e on 6/19 my EDD was 6/22 etc
  9. I got September twice during the moving Target.
  10. On Monday 6/21 I called my SA and I was very upset with the dates. He assured me I will get a vin within a few dates. He promised to call me on Thursday 6/25 with an Update no matter what.
  11. Today 6/23 I woke up to a VIN.

The splitters are really only meant for temporary solutions. As long as you make sure no one is using the dryer at the same time you are charging your car you are OK. But you run a real risk of fire/circut overload if you try to do both at the same time.

Yeah, we don’t plan on running both at the same time. I’ve got someone coming to look at it and give me an estimate. Just not in any hurry to get it done.

Reactions: und2000

Yes, I hear you.

Get the car that you will like. I am not going to judge on your thoughts in regards to Y. IMO, some are premature and unfounded. It is your dough.

Tesla is adding 2 new charging station in my area in the near future. we already have 3 in a 30 mile radius. Your job changed the pricing. I dont know how that work. How does chargepoint gets paid. I know the states give companies money to install charging stations

I might've been unclear. For the first year* I had my car it had free charging, but the building was up for 2 years before I started, so they had free charging but then changed it to charge ppl as more ppl got EVs. Weird that in 2017 I was one of few with a Tesla, then the following 2 years all the spots would be taken up by Teslas or other EVs