Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found it, this is the pic!
img_2571-jpg.674323

Love how the 19s look, I almost didn't believe they look like this as they look nicely finished, at first I thought they had them powder coated but claims that they just got the car a day prior (the owner said "Finally took delivery yesterday! Immediately punted the Gemini covers in the trash as soon as I got home."). I'm someone who detests black wheels, and the "blacked out" look in general, I'm a big fan of silver wheels. I notice he put the center cap and lug not covers in place, but if this is the way the wheels are finished from the factory I'm gonna be extra happy. I guess the ones I saw IRL were powder coated black/gray or something (and this was on multiple cars), a look that absolutely doesn't work for me -- I thought that's how they come from the factory. Do they really look like in this pic or has the owner done something to them?
That is really how they look from the factory! I got that same wheel cap kit that covers the lugs and adds the center cap and plan to do the same the day I take delivery if I ever do. :) The first time I ever got to go see a Y in person at a service center last year I actually popped one of the Gemini wheel covers off to see what they looked like and saw those behind it and was glad to see them. That said, I do like the blacked out look personally so I may get mine powder coated eventually...but I plan to wait and see what the Model Y wheel covers from Rimetrix look like that are supposed to drop this Fall...if I like the look of those I will probably get them instead of doing powder coating and just leave mine silver.

Reactions: Yankees
So a quick update: I just checked in with my SA on my situation, car is in production and scheduled to leave the factory on 7/1. Factor in the 10-14 day transport to FL and I should get my car towards the end of the current EDD 7/2-17 🙄 Glad to at least know they've soft matched me to a VIN 🤞🏻there are no more shenanigans and I get this time around... Love you @elguapo but I do not care to follow in your 3x the charm foot steps ❤️😂
that's great that they've given you progress on it!

Reactions: elguapo
Yes, when you refer people, for now, the referee and referee both get 1K supercharging miles

Yes but where is the referral code on the App.. It says so on the Website but when you open the app now you don't see the "Loot Box". Since it's still telling you to go get the referral code, I don't know where they put it... I can't seem to get to any screens on the app at this point anymore, much less the Referral code.

Do you have your Referral code? How do you get to it now on the app?

Yes but where is the referral code on the App.. It says so on the Website but when you open the app now you don't see the "Loot Box". Since it's still telling you to go get the referral code, I don't know where they put it... I can't seem to get to any screens on the app at this point anymore, much less the Referral code.

I dont believe you will have a referral code till you take delivery of your first car

i do its in my signature

WOOT! I just got a text from Tesla saying my demo car is in transit from Colorado Springs to my home in Silver City, NM. It's scheduled to arrive on June 30th. It appears my prediction that they would sit on it for a week was wrong wrong wrong. The car was "prepped" June 22nd so a delivery on the 30th would be on the short end of their 7 to 10 day prediction.

BTW: the monsoon rains are supposed to start early next week and rain is expected every day of the week. This is great news! Here, June is usually the hottest month of the year. We've recently had temps in the 100s. The monsoon rains provide much needed water and they also act like a giant evaporative cooler. The predicted highs for next week are down over 20 degrees. The high for June 30th is predicted to be 75 degrees. Clouds usually develop during the day and then the rain comes down in the afternoon often in spectacular thunderstorms.

H'mm. I don't have a carport yet. I have a cover. Maybe I will use some camping mattresses to help protect from new car hail.

For those people who got jerked around, my heart still goes out to you. I sure hope you get some kind of compensation such as extra range. I have very few social media accounts which is why I'm not out their yelling and screaming for you.

I personally love the look of the Martian Wheels! I have heard great things about them and the company.
Martian wheels are sick, and available in non-black! 🤣 Could totally do the Gunmetal if not Silver. Tho I'll probably go custom wheels so I can forgo spacers (I'm a wheel guy).
So wait, are you saying you DON'T like black wheels? 😂🤣😂🤣
Yea, not sure if that came thru clearly enough 😂🤣😂🤣

Last edited:

I have a Tesla account, multiple cars on order, but I don't own any Tesla cars yet. My referral code used to show on the website and in app, however it disappeared about a month ago. It still exists, and I copied it, but no longer displayed. You can contact your SA (if he/she is responsive) or contact big Tesla @ referralprogram@tesla.com, they will provide you with your own code.

Skimming posts here I see that the bearded Tesla guy thinks that the battery capacity was increased. What are the chances that Tesla lets us have that update for free? It’s probably going to cost extra like acceleration boost unlock.
Tesla would most likely release a sw update to unlock the capacity for free, as well as unlock faster supercharging rates as well, after they collect more real-world performance data. Maybe in a year or so. That was how they did for Model 3 and early 2020 Model Y. If I'm not mistaken, this would be Model Y LR battery "version 3". Tesla clearly doesn't follow the 2 year or 3 year refresh cycles, they just update whenever it's most convenient. It's great, but it does mean we are going to be testing for Tesla as they collect their new battery chemistry's real-world performance data.

I'd actually be okay with the capacity locked as extra buffer. A bit more top buffer means you could super charge to 100% more quickly, without worries of degradation. A bit more bottom buffer means you have more range safety and more "zero-mile" range. And you can do more frequent deep discharges without worries of degradation. I remember the old Model S 60D was basically a capacity limited 75D, and had the same advantages (plus lower price). Let's say you're on a long road trip, mid day: if you typically charge 30 mins per supercharger session 15% to 75% (60% charge), you can now safely do 10% to 80% in the same 30 min stop because of the extra buffer, which makes your trip faster overall, without actually paying to unlock the full capacity.

This delivery glitch is getting a bit annoying. Its like a "follow the bouncing ball"
After a week of 7/8 to 7/28, yesterday it changed to September. Then today I get June 28 - 30. I got my fingers crossed. But im sure it will change again... Annnnnd change again a few more times until i get the text or blue button.

MY LR | Black | Black | 20” Wheels | 5 seat | No FSD
Ordered 5/10 | Original EDD 2-10 weeks | Pickup Lynnwood wa
Current EDD 6/13-6/30, 6/13-6/23, 7/3-7/23, 7/7-7/27, September, 6/14-8/23, 6/19-6/23, September, 7/8 7/28 September, 6/28 630
I'm also picking up in Lynnwood, WA. I ordered mine on 5/15 though and it's been jumping around a lot. Earlier this week it said 7/18-8/7. Was told by Lynnwood that it's looking like end of July even though my account says September now for the past couple of days.

MY LR | Exterior Blue | Interior Black | Wheels 19" | Seats 7 | FSD No | Tow Yes
Ordered 5/15 | Original EDD 4-14 weeks | Pickup Lynnwood WA
Current EDD 6/18-6/30, September, 7/18-8/7, September

Skimming posts here I see that the bearded Tesla guy thinks that the battery capacity was increased. What are the chances that Tesla lets us have that update for free? It’s probably going to cost extra like acceleration boost unlock.
traditionally they have not charged for unlocking more range. If you look last year I think July the M3 was gifted with more range. Real world I dont think I have noticed it at all

Reactions: dsandhu

Attachments

• BE0909EA-0F27-4E2D-8308-1A8944882E8E.jpeg
    BE0909EA-0F27-4E2D-8308-1A8944882E8E.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 7916CCA8-C59A-4547-B8B5-3FDDE6AE1F96.jpeg
    7916CCA8-C59A-4547-B8B5-3FDDE6AE1F96.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 48
  • A447C075-9678-44E0-AE6C-87693F68BABB.jpeg
    A447C075-9678-44E0-AE6C-87693F68BABB.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 50
Longtime lurker. Moved to the greater Napa area from Ohio this month and finally pulled the trigger on a MY after balking at gas prices.

Ordered 6/21 MY LR White exterior/Black interior. Gemini wheels. Basic as a Starbucks PSL.

Initial EDD: generic September
EDD on 6/22: Sep 4-24
EDD on 6/24: Aug 14-Sep 3
EDD on 6/25: Aug 28-Sep 17

I’m praying for an early delivery due to my husband’s impending 4 month deployment and my flying back to Ohio. After reading these horror stories, that hope is fading fast. Y’all are troopers!