Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
from what VIN’s when did this happen?
No VIN info was given on Bearded Tesla Guy’s video. All that was mentioned is that you have a a high chance of an 82 KWh battery pack if your vehicle was made on or after 05/21. He was able to find out what size battery pack his car has by plugging into the vehicle through the rear of the center console. Looked similar to an OBD plug.

That's very unfortunate. If a vehicle passed QC at the factory and was delivered to the DC/SC, and they found a flaw during delivery inspection the right thing to do would be to honor your appointment and provide a loaner car (even if it's an ICE rental) while they replace the glass. They have done that very thing to others on the forum, IIRC.
I had to ask about a loaner option because they didn't provide any inconvenience benefits. They shot that down and said that "Tesla doesn't do loaners" even after I stated that I literally knew people that have had loaners. I asked a total of 3 managers from 2 different stores about a loaner and all said the same "Tesla doesn't do loaners" statement. But yeah, sometimes I don't think Tesla really upholds "the right thing to do". I understand that there are part shortages across the board and supply/demand issues, but they have many options to offer me that would make me a bit more happier following this huge inconvenience.

Reactions: dsandhu
Not sure if anyone has experienced this.

Spoke to a customer service rep yesterday and they informed me that I will possibly get the car towards the end of July\early August. My EDD has been hovering around mid July to Early August. I have seen notes about slipping EDD's but for the most part cars have been delivered before the EDD.

Being in the Northeast, I have given up hope of seeing a VIN or delivery in June. Having to hold out till August is a stretch. I guess anything with Tesla is a patient person's games.
I’m in Pittsburgh and my Y was just in June until two days ago. I am kinda the beginning of what would be considered the “Northeast” but should still count. Assuming your date is actually that, it would make sense mine comes around then too.

Reactions: moe0059
I really don’t get why Tesla is so bad with kind of stuff. Like it sucks that you don’t get your car like you want, and you have to deal with the inconvenience of waiting and making a whole trip to the service center. And their response is “it is what it is, take it or leave it”.

Like throw in some free super charging miles or something. For me, I can deal with the inconvenience like that for like 3-5k free supercharging and that basically cost Tesla $0 to do something like that.
Exactly! Why is it so hard to offer me something for the inconvenience. Any other company or product, vehicle-related or not, does this kind of stuff for people in these situations. Yeah i could walk away, but there's no other car I would consider better than the MY, and the M3 is too small for me. Just gonna wait lol

This is how my MY is currently configured, but with the front windows tinted to match the rears (minus the bird poop that is deposited on the car overnight, lol.). I was going to powder coat my wheels satin black, but since it will take several days and rental cars are outrageous right now, that will be delayed. Toying with the idea of getting these:
in Satin Grey or Black to mount summer tires, and put winter tires on the Geminis...
You're talking to the wrong guy, I cannot stand the look of black wheels, I think they're the tackiest looking thing ever. This is why the 20s are not even a consideration for me (of course, the boat-anchor weight is a deterrent as well). But since you replied to me, I'll say this: don't do it! 🤣

I really don't get this craze with black wheels, what does it matter what they look like since you see such little detail. To me they all look cheap, like they're plastidipped in shoe polish. Well, until you hit your first curb and you break the plastidip layer and it looks even more terrible :p

Would you say there is increased power between 30-60 mph? I'm trying to figure out where the sweet spot / power band is most noticeable.
Great question. Yes, I actually think it’s almost more noticeable above say 25 mph. Definitely more “get up and go” for passing folks, for example. Does kind of tail off after 65mph or so. Totally the “sleeper” option in my opinion. Not widely advertised, but makes a meaningful difference. I think I am now more at risk of speeding in my Y than my X even though my X is faster “off the line”.

The eagle has landed!

Vehicle ended up arriving at around 10am yesterday. I got a call from the driver at around 7am and he thought he was delivering to a dealership and was surprised that the address was showing as residential. I also let him know that aside from his phone call the morning-of, I literally had no direct knowledge of when the vehicle was supposed to arrive. Tesla really needs to sort that out with the third-parties they contract to. It's not even a customer service issue, but something that's fundamental to the delivery process.

As for the vehicle - absolutely amazing. Just to get this out of the way, the frunk panel was slightly misaligned in the front, and is much better after tweaking the two rubber feet under the lid. Still not perfect, but pretty close. There was also a smudge on the headliner by the driver's head area which was able to be rubbed off. Literally everything else in terms of build quality is perfect. All panel gaps, the depth of door handles, pressure needed to close the doors, everything. No squeaks, rattles, whistles, or anything in the ~50 miles I've put on it since taking delivery. I'm really very impressed with the quality overall, but also how it feels to drive. After having some second thoughts about going with the LR, I can say that it is absolutely fast enough for my needs. For now.

VIN is 198XXX and I actually ended up not having any PPF or flaps included.

My only complaint outside of those is that Tesla thought it was OK to ship a vehicle on an open-air transport from SLC to Montana without any protective film on the front of the vehicle, so I have a bug genocide on the front of the car.

Just wanted to follow-up here after having had my Model Y LR for about a week now. So far, put on about 500 miles, with half of that being highway and the other half around town. It's trite at this point, but WOW is this car amazing. Over the past couple of years, I've seen probably every Tesla video/review on Youtube, read every review, spent countless hours on the forums, and test-driven a couple of them, but none of those things come close to the experience of owning one as a daily driver. It's so much more than just a fast EV.

Waiting for anything you're really excited about sucks, obviously but it'll just be that much more awesome when the day does come (hopefully not a September day!).

Fellow PGH order here. What’s your configuration? And how helpful has Wexford been to you?
Model Y White / Long Range 5 Seater
19” wheels
No FSD or tow hitch

Honestly I have no complaints from them, they’re doing what they can, and the person I spoke with earlier was nice. Try not to take anything out on them. I’ve heard good things from others locally.

Reactions: cancoi and moe0059
Found it, this is the pic!
img_2571-jpg.674323

Love how the 19s look, I almost didn't believe they look like this as they look nicely finished, at first I thought they had them powder coated but claims that they just got the car a day prior (the owner said "Finally took delivery yesterday! Immediately punted the Gemini covers in the trash as soon as I got home."). I'm someone who detests black wheels, and the "blacked out" look in general, I'm a big fan of silver wheels. I notice he put the center cap and lug not covers in place, but if this is the way the wheels are finished from the factory I'm gonna be extra happy. I guess the ones I saw IRL were powder coated black/gray or something (and this was on multiple cars), a look that absolutely doesn't work for me -- I thought that's how they come from the factory. Do they really look like in this pic or has the owner done something to them?
That’s exactly how they look from the factory if you take the cap cover off. Except, as you point out, you need to add lug covers and center cap. I’ve done it on mine, but have to say, the Gemini caps actually grew on me and I may put them back on. It’s been reported you lose 3-5% range with the covers off. That said, it’s pretty cool the stock rims look so nice underneath.

You're talking to the wrong guy, I cannot stand the look of black wheels, I think they're the tackiest looking thing ever. This is why the 20s are not even a consideration for me (of course, the boat-anchor weight is a deterrent as well). But since you replied to me, I'll say this: don't do it! 🤣

I really don't get this craze with black wheels, what does it matter what they look like since you see such little detail. To me they all look cheap, like they're plastidipped in shoe polish. Well, until you hit your first curb and you break the plastidip layer and it looks even more terrible :p
It's all personal preference - like I don't like silver wheels on a white car - looks like grandma's Camry, lol. And don't talk to me about a white interior - looks like grandma's living room furniture (covered with clear plastic slipcovers.) :)

for all that want free supercharging, I understand that I have that on my M3 as it was a "giveaway" when I bought it. But in Q1 this year Tesla reported they lost $250MM in revenue from free supercharging. This is why they are talking about changing the referral program and are not offering free charging for those of us waiting for a car. They still have more demand than cars so as a business it does them nothing to give us free charging. Would i like it, yes, I am hoping that when I get my MY today as its on the same account that free charging carries over to it. I am not holding my breath but can hope

My ordering and delivery experience

I originally ordered a MYLR white/black 19" w/tow back in March, and put it on hold stupidly waiting for a potential federal rebate to materialize. By May when that didn't pan out, I took my order off hold but it appears I waited too long as the order is in the July/August/September boat that many on here are in. On 6/15 I randomly found a MYLR in inventory, new, matching my specs but in red instead. The math worked out with the NYS EV rebate and my 0.98% interest loan so I ordered it and the $ works out to similar what the original white MYLR order would have. I quickly got the VIN (instantly) and the next day got a delivery appointment for 6/24 @ Mt. Kisco near NYC.

The pickup experience was good but interesting. Mt. Kisco is a tiny location so they jam about 50+ cars in a tiny lot, essentially bumper to bumper and so close that you can't fully open the doors all the way without hitting the next car. They pushed out the lot of cars and then fill it back up again for the next group. I got there 1.5 hours early due to my 5.5 hour drive from Rochester going quicker than expected. I asked if I could take delivery early and he didn't seem sure, so I just went and found my car and started checking it out. It was parked at the end of a line of 6 cars (since my appt time was later), backed right up against some shrubs. You had to hold the shrubs down in order to open the hatch, and I couldn't look at the car from behind, but I was able to get a good enough look. Was also so close to the car in front of it that I couldn't get a good look at it from straight on until the car was moved later.

The car was in great condition overall. Some minor dirty spots and fingerprints on the headliner that they cleaned, however I should have just done it myself at home. Otherwise everything looked great with the exception of the hood. The left side of the hood had a decent sized gap while the right side of the hood was tighter. I pointed this out to the 2 delivery guys who were working with me (who by the way, were great and were frantically running to help everyone as fast as possible) however both initially said that Tesla inspects every car before it leaves the factory so it's very unlikely there can be panel gaps and it looked 'in spec' to them. While I found this odd, I checked out the hood on 5 other MY's and they were all perfectly aligned. Could I have potentially just overlooked the gap and been happy? Maybe. But I figured if it was a quick adjustment it was worth asking. The one guy brought out a gauge tool that measures gaps and sure enough found that it was out of spec in 3 spots.

They brought it in the service center and 20 mins later it came out looking perfectly aligned. They said they had to remove the whole hood and the frunk plastic in order to do it. I found out after I drove 350 miles home that when they did this work, they caused a very minor dent in the middle of the hood. It's hard to see and I can live with it or can get it removed in the future. If I could do it over again and go back in time, I may just have left the gap, but either way it's fine.

The 5.5 hour drive home went well. Autopilot worked great (and trained itself within 30 mins) except for about 5 phantom breaking incidents that hopefully will get better over time, and my bluetooth phone call connection breaking and only allowing me to hear the other person but they couldn't hear me. This persisted for the rest of the trip, has anyone ever had this before? Does a screen reboot fix it? I also found when I got home that the sticker on the door jam is the wrong VIN and is for another car, blue. I'm just going to cross out the bad info and correct it so there's no confusion in the future. Kind of funny.

I got 1 small rock chip on my rear door panel from no mudflaps or PPF on the drive home. I ordered the Tesla touch up kit and will get it, and I have mudflaps coming this weekend along with PPF whenever Tesla gets them back in stock. The 18 year old version of me would have lost sleep for 2 days over a rock chip and tiny dent however the current version of me understands its a car and life goes on.

Overall, quite satisfied with the car. Driving it is a blast, friends and family love it, and so far it's everything I had hoped. The ordering and waiting anxiety sucks and I don't have any helpful tips to offer as I would ignore them all if it were me waiting for my car again.

Next up is to order some floor mats before Winter, and figure out how to get the tow hitch cover off without ruining the plastic (any tips? I watched YouTube and read on here but the cover is so tight to the surroundings I don't want to ruin it).

Attachments

• IMG_7107.jpeg
    IMG_7107.jpeg
    965.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7110.jpeg
    IMG_7110.jpeg
    874.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7135.jpeg
    IMG_7135.jpeg
    906.6 KB · Views: 59
I got 1 small rock chip on my rear door panel from no mudflaps or PPF on the drive home. I ordered the Tesla touch up kit and will get it, and I have mudflaps coming this weekend along with PPF whenever Tesla gets them back in stock. The 18 year old version of me would have lost sleep for 2 days over a rock chip and tiny dent however the current version of me understands its a car and life goes on.

This would be painful for me.

Model Y White / Long Range 5 Seater
19” wheels
No FSD or tow hitch

Honestly I have no complaints from them, they’re doing what they can, and the person I spoke with earlier was nice. Try not to take anything out on them. I’ve heard good things from others locally.
They have been great whenever I visited the showroom. They can’t do anything till there is a VIN.

Reactions: cancoi
This delivery glitch is getting a bit annoying. Its like a "follow the bouncing ball"
After a week of 7/8 to 7/28, yesterday it changed to September. Then today I get June 28 - 30. I got my fingers crossed. But im sure it will change again... Annnnnd change again a few more times until i get the text or blue button.

MY LR | Black | Black | 20” Wheels | 5 seat | No FSD
Ordered 5/10 | Original EDD 2-10 weeks | Pickup Lynnwood wa
Current EDD 6/13-6/30, 6/13-6/23, 7/3-7/23, 7/7-7/27, September, 6/14-8/23, 6/19-6/23, September, 7/8 7/28 September, 6/28 630

Reactions: cancoi and und2000