Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a quick update: I just checked in with my SA on my situation, car is in production and scheduled to leave the factory on 7/1. Factor in the 10-14 day transport to FL and I should get my car towards the end of the current EDD 7/2-17 🙄 Glad to at least know they've soft matched me to a VIN 🤞🏻there are no more shenanigans and I get this time around... Love you @elguapo but I do not care to follow in your 3x the charm foot steps ❤️😂
We will be right with you waiting! Can’t wait for the day when you post about your delivery!!!

I am super excited by the SpaceX Starship. I ordered a model of it from etsy that should arrive around the same time as my Tesla. I watched the take off and successful landing of SN15 live (on the everyday astronaut YT channel). I upset my dog because I was yelling and screaming so much when they stuck the landing.

I'm not sure why I find this so much more exciting. Perhaps it's because it looks like it will fulfill the promises of Disney's Mars and Beyond.
Omg I love that guy! I have been following him for years

Called SA, and they told me that is was a glitch in the system (again) and that I was still on schedule for June 30 delivery. He told me I was expected to get a VIN Thursday (today), then vehicle on transport Saturday for delivery before the 30th. Checked the account, as you said, updated with 27-30 expected delivery. But no VIN today, oh well, maybe tomorrow.
Update: called SA because here it is Friday and still no VIN. Now dates according to their backend system states 7/11-7/15. My account still says 6/28-6/30. Getting super frustrated over this experience. So much more chaotic than my Model 3 order/delivery.

Update: called SA because here it is Friday and still no VIN. Now dates according to their backend system states 7/11-7/15. My account still says 6/28-6/30. Getting super frustrated over this experience. So much more chaotic than my Model 3 order/delivery.
I hear ya...when I bought my Model 3 last year I actually found my exact build in inventory at my local service center. Was so much easier to get a 3 last year than a Y this year for sure...I finally decided it was time to get the car, checked inventory, it was there, and I drove it home 3 days later. Fast forward 1 year later to this debacle. Oh well...

Reactions: PatrickTM
Tesla would most likely release a sw update to unlock the capacity for free, as well as unlock faster supercharging rates as well, after they collect more real-world performance data. Maybe in a year or so. That was how they did for Model 3 and early 2020 Model Y. If I'm not mistaken, this would be Model Y LR battery "version 3". Tesla clearly doesn't follow the 2 year or 3 year refresh cycles, they just update whenever it's most convenient. It's great, but it does mean we are going to be testing for Tesla as they collect their new battery chemistry's real-world performance data.

I'd actually be okay with the capacity locked as extra buffer. A bit more top buffer means you could super charge to 100% more quickly, without worries of degradation. A bit more bottom buffer means you have more range safety and more "zero-mile" range. And you can do more frequent deep discharges without worries of degradation. I remember the old Model S 60D was basically a capacity limited 75D, and had the same advantages (plus lower price). Let's say you're on a long road trip, mid day: if you typically charge 30 mins per supercharger session 15% to 75% (60% charge), you can now safely do 10% to 80% in the same 30 min stop because of the extra buffer, which makes your trip faster overall, without actually paying to unlock the full capacity.
Model Y built in late May. Not sure they can make supercharging any faster. This was crazy!!!! This is at a 250 kw charger. I started with about 70 miles of range and got 80 miles in about 4 minutes. For those who care, it did get up to 1,015 mi/hr I just wasn’t fast enough with the camera.

Attachments

• 202F65FC-4E4F-46DD-A865-261788E68BD8.jpeg
    202F65FC-4E4F-46DD-A865-261788E68BD8.jpeg
    654.9 KB · Views: 78
I dont believe you will have a referral code till you take delivery of your first car

i do its in my signature

I have a Tesla account, multiple cars on order, but I don't own any Tesla cars yet. My referral code used to show on the website and in app, however it disappeared about a month ago. It still exists, and I copied it, but no longer displayed. You can contact your SA (if he/she is responsive) or contact big Tesla @ referralprogram@tesla.com, they will provide you with your own code.

Thanks for all the responses. I emailed them. Maybe you don't get it back until I get the MY. My "Loot Box" disappeared as stated above about a month ago, but I didn't write that down before it disappeared.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Your response is awesome!

teslarati did an article on it too Teslarati article
OMG the comments though on the article. Decent article at least raising awareness. My date got pushed back to Aug 12 - Sep 1 today. Eden Prairie SA wasn’t available, Tesla online chat said that’s where I’m at in queue for production, equally not helpful. Totally own that this is a first world problem. With that being said…I’ll be sitting on the down payment (thank goodness I didn’t pay that yet!) in a savings account as liquid, have to return the third party financing check and redo the loan when EDD is confirmed, and shuffle PPF/Ceramic and insurance start date. I don’t have to return to work until September, so we are cool being a one car family still, although it would’ve been cool for a few road trips this summer. If his happened in September I’d be in trouble. Emotional roller coaster with extra work, but out nothing yet. With that being said, the brand image is one disconnected from customers, but I’m still shelling out bucks for the tech because it still outweighs that.

I'm feeling like a little kid on Christmas Eve right now. I stopped by the SC this afternoon and found that my MYLR had been delivered there earlier today, just in time for my pick-up appointment at 12:30pm tomorrow. Found it by walking around the lot looking for a VIN match. The passenger compartment all covered in the factory wrap, and the outside still has a bunch of the overwrap on it. I think that we'll skip the red bow. Manufacturing date of 6/14 for those that follow such things so it really didn't take long to get across the country. So exciting to see it in real life and expect tomorrow to be awesome.
To follow up on this message from yesterday, I can report that the car handed over to me was PERFECT in every way. I went over it using the 5-page checklist that can be found elsewhere on this message board (thanks to whomever authored it!), and each and every thing was without flaw. Here in this region of the country, it is Tesla's practice to apply PPF at the rear wheels and it was much appreciated as it's one less thing to do. The SA assigned to help me (Adam) was uber-patient with me and allowed me to work meticulously through the checklist on my own and didn't pressure me to finish. There were multiple deliveries happening all around me but my slowness/thoroughness didnt matter. In parallel, Adam handled my trade-in and that aspect of the transaction was a non-event. The paperwork and money exchange was completed in about 10 minutes and I was on my way.

The only surprise that I encountered was that Tesla is unable to conduct a state inspection of the vehicle, mainly due to the company's inability to conduct the state-mandated emission testing - yes, another instance of too much governmental regulation. So I will need to have my new MYLR with 4 miles on the odometer inspected locally here within 10 days, even though there are no emissions to test for on this vehicle.

One happy boy here! Here's hoping that everyone is able to get the car of their dreams as soon as possible!

MYP Picked up at noon today. Frunk miss-alignment they tried to fix it. Said I will have to go to third party body shop to get fixed and perfect. Since I live far away I have to get quotes. Couple scratches in paint that need to be addressed. Everything else is Golden. Super smooth and easy pick up process in Spokane wa. NO PPF or Mud flaps. They where out of stock on mud flaps but I had ordered some and brought them and they did the instal. Wish I would have brought my aftermarket front and rear because they would have installed them for me. They said it should have had PPF from factory so they went ahead and installed that for us as well.
1104E90E-DD9A-4454-80BA-BCB4227D5055.jpeg

MYP Picked up at noon today. Frunk miss-alignment they tried to fix it. Said I will have to go to third party body shop to get fixed and perfect. Since I live far away I have to get quotes. Couple scratches in paint that need to be addressed. Everything else is Golden. Super smooth and easy pick up process in Spokane wa. NO PPF or Mud flaps. They where out of stock on mud flaps but I had ordered some and brought them and they did the instal. Wish I would have brought my aftermarket front and rear because they would have installed them for me. They said it should have had PPF from factory so they went ahead and installed that for us as well. View attachment 677838

Attachments

• 098E60DD-EB42-47D1-93B7-6AD674AA8BDD.jpeg
    098E60DD-EB42-47D1-93B7-6AD674AA8BDD.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 59
  • 14BEAA37-2B7E-40C2-B23A-FBA82DA7CED9.jpeg
    14BEAA37-2B7E-40C2-B23A-FBA82DA7CED9.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 60
  • B7AB53E3-0C17-4844-ABDC-7DABA4E64B64.jpeg
    B7AB53E3-0C17-4844-ABDC-7DABA4E64B64.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 58
Update: Nabbed a MSM with induction wheels today. Hopefully they’ll transfer my husband’s coworker’s referral code from our original order. Honda offered me $33,000 for my 2019 pilot and Tesla offered me $28,000 so the choice was clear. Apparently my car did not appreciate at all even with 50,000 miles. I’ll have to call my SA tomorrow to figure out the rest. The dude won’t answer texts or emails.

Update: Nabbed a MSM with induction wheels today. Hopefully they’ll transfer my husband’s coworker’s referral code from our original order. Honda offered me $33,000 for my 2019 pilot and Tesla offered me $28,000 so the choice was clear. Apparently my car did not appreciate at all even with 50,000 miles. I’ll have to call my SA tomorrow to figure out the rest. The dude won’t answer texts or emails.
Tesla’s trade ins are awful, RODO, caravana and Vroom offered me thousands more than Tesla did. No contest at all.

Reactions: cancoi