Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat. I reached out by phone and email regarding this. The guy I talked to said they made some changes and you no longer see it on the website prior to delivery and won't see it in the app either.

Here is the email response:
Thank you for contacting the Tesla Referral Program. In review of your account we have confirmed there are no delivered or activated Tesla products. Please be aware that once your vehicle is delivered or solar is activated, your referral link will automatically be generated. To view your personal referral link after delivery, navigate to the Loot Box section of the Tesla Mobile App located in the settings gear at the top left corner. From here you can share out your link to friends and family to complete the purchase of their Tesla. Additional details and limits of the program can be seen here Referral Program. Welcome to Tesla!

Thank you for accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy.
Best Regards,

Sierra B. | Referral Program
Okay, looks like they don’t want people referring and earning free kWh while they wait for delivery. They used to give it to you, now it’s just hidden. I know it’s definitely still there because my friend (currently awaiting delivery) gave me her link when I wanted to order a second Model Y, but had to ask for it since this was the week the policy changed to mask links.

You’re a sharp one! He wanted Kadena… I nixed that right fast. Can’t easily do my job as an investment banker over there. Bay Area is very friendly for my line of work.
I enjoy Bay Area as well, but only traveled through a couple times briefly, never stationed at Travis, so can’t speak to living there. Southern CA was also pretty neat, stationed at LA for 4 years just left a few months ago. My time in CA gave me a great education on real world Tesla experience by learning from owners, rather than just reading and YouTube. Good luck to your husband on his deployment! I wish him safe journeys/missions.

@BitJam my wife was born on base at Seymour Johnson! And rest assured the test pilots are still out there at Travis getting it done ✅

Reactions: elguapo and BitJam
I enjoy Bay Area as well, but only traveled through a couple times briefly, never stationed at Travis, so can’t speak to living there. Southern CA was also pretty neat, stationed at LA for 4 years just left a few months ago. My time in CA gave me a great education on real world Tesla experience by learning from owners, rather than just reading and YouTube. Good luck to your husband on his deployment! I wish him safe journeys/missions.

@BitJam my wife was born on base at Seymour Johnson! And rest assured the test pilots are still out there at Travis getting it done ✅
Hubs is from 29 Palms. It's quite literally the armpit of Cali down there. After seeing 1/3 of all cars out here being Teslas, I couldn't not follow suit. His deployment is just CONUS (not a real deployment but don't tell him that).

Reactions: PatrickTM
If this leads to me getting longer range I’ll consider it a fair trade, but what really pisses me off is the outright lack of transparency. Just tell me an honest guess and tell me when things slip up, I’d rather hear the honest truth than try to piece together things elsewhere.
Are you saying a few more miles is a fair trade. Did you mean for all the schedule delivery date screw ups, or for the lack of a radar or maybe for the lack of lumbar support for the passenger? Or maybe because the Sentry Mode might not be fixed when you pick it up?

Okay, looks like they don’t want people referring and earning free kWh while they wait for delivery. They used to give it to you, now it’s just hidden. I know it’s definitely still there because my friend (currently awaiting delivery) gave me her link when I wanted to order a second Model Y, but had to ask for it since this was the week the policy changed to mask links.
I luckily had texted my link to a friend a few months ago. And I needed to look up that text so I could find the code to send to my uncle. And this was all before I had delivery.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I need to go watch the video. If true then there should be more sites and Tesla YouTubers reporting on this soon. It definitely takes the sting off of waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I would much rather have that little bit of extra range than lumbar. If the EPA range gets recertified closer to 350-miles then I don’t really care about 4680 batteries and feel less conflicted about being so close to the MIA Y.
Don’t get too excited over it. The increase is only 5%. He was guessing that at best we would see the range go from 326 to 340 miles. A nice bump, but no game changer.

The Bearded Tesla guy just confirmed that the new model Y comes with a bigger 82KWh battery pack.. We are few weeks away from a software update that will magically increase the range of MY.
I saw this! What a pleasant and (much needed) surprise!

Kind of interesting that they don’t promote these changes more on social…

Reactions: GOVA and dsandhu
No VIN info was given on Bearded Tesla Guy’s video. All that was mentioned is that you have a a high chance of an 82 KWh battery pack if your vehicle was made on or after 05/21. He was able to find out what size battery pack his car has by plugging into the vehicle through the rear of the center console. Looked similar to an OBD plug.
He put out another video today where he told us the vins that he knew had the new battery. 197 & 204 I think

Last edited:
Next up is to order some floor mats before Winter, and figure out how to get the tow hitch cover off without ruining the plastic (any tips? I watched YouTube and read on here but the cover is so tight to the surroundings I don't want to ruin it).
The two hitch cover is not too hard to remove. The first time I tried to remove it, I just used a flat screw driver (but a dull one without sharp edges) to insert into the upper right corner and carefully slightly pry it out a bit until my finger can catch the corner. Then I used my hand from there, just "peeling" it out from right to left.

Anyone else willing to admit they have read all 15,205 posts on this thread? Or is that just me. I may have a problem. We may have a problem. Something about knowing we all have something so similar in common makes it fun to keep checking in on this thread throughout every day.
LOL I'll admit I have and do... hence my volley of posts one after another and then silence for hours LOL 🤷🏻‍♂️

OMG the comments though on the article. Decent article at least raising awareness. My date got pushed back to Aug 12 - Sep 1 today. Eden Prairie SA wasn’t available, Tesla online chat said that’s where I’m at in queue for production, equally not helpful. Totally own that this is a first world problem. With that being said…I’ll be sitting on the down payment (thank goodness I didn’t pay that yet!) in a savings account as liquid, have to return the third party financing check and redo the loan when EDD is confirmed, and shuffle PPF/Ceramic and insurance start date. I don’t have to return to work until September, so we are cool being a one car family still, although it would’ve been cool for a few road trips this summer. If his happened in September I’d be in trouble. Emotional roller coaster with extra work, but out nothing yet. With that being said, the brand image is one disconnected from customers, but I’m still shelling out bucks for the tech because it still outweighs that.
I know... but he warned me that there are hard core fanboys out there that will lash out viciously. I decided not to read any of the comments on the article to save myself the anxiety. People will thing and say what they want. My only goal is to help TSLA succeed and sometimes you need to have your flaws pointed out so you can fix them. Its all part of growing and improving. They can afford to get away with sub-par customer facing policies now because they are hands above any competition but that will not last forever. Think about Starbucks, if they treated their customers like this would people pay $5 for their coffee? probably not as much as they do now, people would go back to their corner store coffee shops, DD or Wawa for us on the east (don't know the equivalent in the central and west sorry).

On another note my EDD slipped to the generic September so looks like I'll be calling my SA again today to find out what the story is. Wonder if I pissed someone off and they threw me back to the end of the queue...? ROFL wouldn't that be something

To follow up on this message from yesterday, I can report that the car handed over to me was PERFECT in every way. I went over it using the 5-page checklist that can be found elsewhere on this message board (thanks to whomever authored it!), and each and every thing was without flaw. Here in this region of the country, it is Tesla's practice to apply PPF at the rear wheels and it was much appreciated as it's one less thing to do. The SA assigned to help me (Adam) was uber-patient with me and allowed me to work meticulously through the checklist on my own and didn't pressure me to finish. There were multiple deliveries happening all around me but my slowness/thoroughness didnt matter. In parallel, Adam handled my trade-in and that aspect of the transaction was a non-event. The paperwork and money exchange was completed in about 10 minutes and I was on my way.

The only surprise that I encountered was that Tesla is unable to conduct a state inspection of the vehicle, mainly due to the company's inability to conduct the state-mandated emission testing - yes, another instance of too much governmental regulation. So I will need to have my new MYLR with 4 miles on the odometer inspected locally here within 10 days, even though there are no emissions to test for on this vehicle.

One happy boy here! Here's hoping that everyone is able to get the car of their dreams as soon as possible!

Love a happy ending!! CONGRATZ! 🎉