Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update to anyone in Southern Cal (Orange county area) Beuana Park SC just told me they are no longer doing in person pick ups because they no longer have room on their lots or rented lots, because it is entirely full of Model Y’s. So only doing home deliveries now. They give you 24hrs to reject or accept after they drop off and after you accept you can log any service appointments with in 100 miles after drop off. (Excluding miles they put on your car while driving and at factory. So if the car arrives with 50 miles on it you have until 150 miles to log any service requests).
Do they drive the cars to your home or flatbed them?

They drive the car to your home. It’s disappointing but I guess nothing we can do about it. 🙄. Just the classic Tesla move.
Ugh.. It's one of those things, technically it doesn't matter, but really ruins the experience of buying a new car. It's hard to hate them for doing the practical thing, but I really wish they didn't in this one case 😎

Picked up my MYP today! I got a text in the morning to confirm my Monday appointment, texted back and said Confirmed unless I can get it sooner. They said my car arrived this morning and I can pick it up today!

Panels look great, no weird gaps, everything is as good as I can expect. There was a minor scuff on one part but I think I can get it out with a microfiber cloth.
Inside is good too, the passenger seat was a little dirty but i plan on using a microfiber cloth and cleaning it.

Going to apply PPF and tints on it on monday so I wont be driving it until all thats complete.

It rained today too so I have floored it as i wanted to haha. my step dad loves it.

Will post pics later. :)

Sometimes this all seems like waiting on a really long line at Disney to see Space Mountain. The difference is that with Tesla, they periodically pull you out of the line and put you at the end, then a bit later they bring you up close enough that you can see the cars, only to have a big group let in ahead of you.
When you tell your friends and family all this, they tell you they wouldn’t stand for that and you should leave and go to Universal, “it’s almost as good.”
You keep telling them that you came all this way to see Space Mountain and you are staying on line!!
Some day I’ll be on the best ride of my life!!

I personally love the look of the Martian Wheels! I have heard great things about them and the company.
I purchased rims from them a few weeks ago for my MY. They shipped out the wheel and tire combo the same day. Upon opening there was a small scratch on 2 of the rims. They offered to send me two new rims or give me a discount and send me touch up kits. I chose the latter. I was happy and, even with the small scratches, love the rims.

Reactions: GOVA and PatrickTM
Sometimes this all seems like waiting on a really long line at Disney to see Space Mountain. The difference is that with Tesla, they periodically pull you out of the line and put you at the end, then a bit later they bring you up close enough that you can see the cars, only to have a big group let in ahead of you.
When you tell your friends and family all this, they tell you they wouldn’t stand for that and you should leave and go to Universal, “it’s almost as good.”
You keep telling them that you came all this way to see Space Mountain and you are staying on line!!
It’s exactly like that! 😂

So I picked up yesterday! I had grown impatient waiting for my May 23 order and snagged a non-demo inventory about 10 days ago. Originally my delivery date was 6/28. I called on 6/23 and they said it was looking like it wouldn’t arrive at the Wexford SC until the night of 6/28 so I pushed my appointment out. On a whim, I called yesterday and they said it had arrived and I could pick it up that day!

Pickup was great. There were like 4 other people picking up at the same time but that didn’t seem to affect me. I took about 30 mins looking over everything. Only two minor issues: the passenger hangar hook wouldn’t close, and a scuff on the wheel well trim panel. Have a service appointment for both.

The car drives great! I installed the oem all weather floor mats and the Basenor mud flaps. Now I want to look into PPF and ceramic.

Say hi to The Batmobile!

Attachments

• 36F14D04-575C-4D98-AA63-788737D9C0A3.jpeg
    36F14D04-575C-4D98-AA63-788737D9C0A3.jpeg
    877.7 KB · Views: 81
So I picked up yesterday! I had grown impatient waiting for my May 23 order and snagged a non-demo inventory about 10 days ago. Originally my delivery date was 6/28. I called on 6/23 and they said it was looking like it wouldn’t arrive at the Wexford SC until the night of 6/28 so I pushed my appointment out. On a whim, I called yesterday and they said it had arrived and I could pick it up that day!

Pickup was great. There were like 4 other people picking up at the same time but that didn’t seem to affect me. I took about 30 mins looking over everything. Only two minor issues: the passenger hangar hook wouldn’t close, and a scuff on the wheel well trim panel. Have a service appointment for both.

The car drives great! I installed the oem all weather floor mats and the Basenor mud flaps. Now I want to look into PPF and ceramic.

Say hi to The Batmobile!
Congrats! Looks great! Can you post some pics of the mud flaps close up? Any issues installing the rears with the bolt?

Reactions: Jonasbrotha
Nope, its perfect. Couple of notes, the No Radar thing is unnoticeable. The only thing is that you can't go more than 75 mph. Also, coming from the Standard Plus to the Dual Motor AWD Long Range, I can immediately tell the difference in power. Sound system is also way better, new console is also a welcome addition as I hated the old shiny one. So very happy with the upgrade.
SO JEALOUS!! I can't wait to have my red beauty 🤞🏻 Enjoy!

I am coming from an SR+ as well, glad to hear that the power is noticeably better. Hows it feel at the top end when overtaking on the high ways? The SR+ looses power pretty bad at highway speeds so hopefully the MY is better 🙏🏻

Got a VIN 6/22. Scheduled delivery for Friday, 6/25. SC called and said they wouldn’t get the transport delivery until Saturday. So rescheduled for Saturday afternoon. SC called again and asked to change to Tuesday 6/29. Then called again and said they were sending a special auto hauler to WY to pick some cars up, so for sure I can pick up today. I sent my deposit, signed all my paperwork last night, and now they just text saying the special auto hauler isn’t going to make it to Denver in time. It makes zero sense, it’s 2 hours from Denver. Not sure what they’re up to…
Sounds like a familiar story... hopefully your VIN doesn't disappear 🙏🏻

OMG the mental visual that creates is priceless and SO TRUE!! like when your at the point where the fast pass and standby meets up and they are letting all the standbys go through, then you get the dreaded ✋🏻 stop sign... only to have a massive amount of fast pass people blow past you 😒😞😔😟😣😖😫

Say hi to The Batmobile!
The all black is sexy! if you get those front windows tinted that would look HOT! 🔥

Reactions: casey1202
Quick update: Still EDD of September. I reached out to my SA yesterday who said to ignore the EDD and nothing has changed with my order. He also mentioned that EDDs fluctuate a LOT at the end of a quarter and that the EDD is just "not going to be accurate right now" 🤞🏻🙏🏻 that its all true and my MY will leave the factory on time on Friday. I will likely be annoying the sh!t out of him this week making sure that im still soft matched to that VIN and hopping like h3ll that my blue button appears again within the next 7 days 😫❤️🤞🏻🙏🏻

Maybe I'll get rewarded with a surprise and be one of the first to have the new headlights and that will be my consolation prize for the drama? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Picked up MY today in NJ. Unfortunately several issues including some small misalignments and some sratches. Compared with some other Y’s awaiting pickup. Mine was definitely a Monday morning car. But service appointment made for later in week so hopefully all will end well.
Well my MY was in service for 2 days to address these items. Several items addressed but a couple others were “within spec” although no one could tell me what the spec was.

Seems like they have challenges in getting the wheel trims flush with the bottom fender trim. All four had issues. They fixed the front ones but the rear ones are “within spec.” Looks sloppy though. What do you think? Would it be unreasonable to be persistent? Or would you let this go?

Attachments

• 238CA73F-887B-4586-A873-9758562AE2A1.jpeg
    238CA73F-887B-4586-A873-9758562AE2A1.jpeg
    420.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 0C466F62-326D-4E3C-ACA3-3F131E6E8CA8.jpeg
    0C466F62-326D-4E3C-ACA3-3F131E6E8CA8.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Well my MY was in service for 2 days to address these items. Several items addressed but a couple others were “within spec” although no one could tell me what the spec was.

Seems like they have challenges in getting the wheel trims flush with the bottom fender trim. All four had issues. They fixed the front ones but the rear ones are “within spec.” Looks sloppy though. What do you think? Would it be unreasonable to persistent? Or would you let this go?
Looks a lot like mis aligned panels. In a car show the judges say that is not a ten.
Checked out of our MY and not a trace of that issue here.
Would you be happy with that in a few years as your new car?
Tesla can do better, but you will likely have to wait until the end of Q2 to get any attention.
Right now all they care about is new deliveries. Good luck!