Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so small update... called the SC and got a helpful gent on the phone. He did some digging and found the logistics team contact info and sent them an email asking for an update since its been a week with a VIN and no EDD update (on my or their side). He said it would take them between 24/48 hours to respond (magic number anyone?) So hopefully we should get some sort of an update by the end of the week... 🤞🏻
I hope you get an answer.

We are on such similar situation...my initial delivery was scheduled for 06/29 and was taken away. Now new similar VIN and September EDD.

I’ve been reading this thread and I’m interested to know why anyone would trade in a car with Tesla? I don’t see that being a good deal for any purchaser.

Case in point: Between February and late June I ordered and received a MY SR black on black on black. When I realized I could make money by selling my SR I submitted it as a trade in for the LR. They offered me about $35K. I ended up selling it for $54.5K to a dealership. $6K pure profit for me after driving it for over a month (1420 miles).

Also, after receiving my SR I sold my 10 year old Elantra with 133K miles for $5K. The market is fantastic for used cars right now. Don’t trade your car in to Tesla. You can get more on the open market.

Did you check and see what KBB/Tesla would've given you for the Elantra? My 2010 Infiniti G37xS has 127k on it and what I am getting (offered) from Tesla is w/i a couple hundred of the local dealers and Carmax. I have sold two cars direct private party and tried to sell a late model truck before I gave up and never will again. Maybe that's just my luck...

Tesla was at least competitive on a car that is now mostly being sold "at cost" on the basis of materials.

Point is - if you're trying to off-load a car you've already driven into the ground, it might be worth the 12x test drives from craigslist buyers versus selling a Ford Raptor or i3 thats still worth a pretty penny.

Every time I see this thread title "Current Delivery Times" I think "how long can it possibly take to deliver current"
Here it took about 2 -- 3 weeks from when I first contacted the electricians. The 14-50 outlet was installed today and I'm getting a full 32 amps from it. Woot!

I also ordered ppf from Xpel today. BTW: Tesla is out of ppf for the rear fenders (which protects from dirt thrown up by the front wheels) but Xpel now has it at twice the price. IMO you should really get this rear fender ppf or front mud flaps or both. Also, the part number suffixes from Xpel are not explained anywhere. Here is what they told me over the phone:

-U for shiny paint
-US for matte paint
-XUP10 like -U (shiny) but 10mm instead of 8mm

I just saw the update from Elon/Tesla that all the 3/Y with FSD will get a new UI, so maybe that is creating some Q3 delays?? Again, "who knows"
The tweet from Elon actually says all cars with FSD computers will get a new UI. FSD itself wasn’t mentioned. That means all 3/Y built since Apr 2019 will get the new visuals.

Caveat is that this is from Elon’s Twitter, and not Tesla’s blog. His tweets have at times been totally inaccurate or wildly out of sync with company schedule.

What does receiving this text in relation to my edd? Should I get excited?

Tesla Update - Hi *****, Tesla Delivery Team here. Please reply with "ASAP" to confirm you want to take delivery as soon as the car is ready or reply with the month you will be ready. We will also be offering a contact-less home delivery when the vehicle is available. Please reply back to confirm the delivery address and parking.
Address: ().
Parking: Where should we park the Tesla ? Driveway or street parking.

What does receiving this text in relation to my edd? Should I get excited?

Tesla Update - Hi *****, Tesla Delivery Team here. Please reply with "ASAP" to confirm you want to take delivery as soon as the car is ready or reply with the month you will be ready. We will also be offering a contact-less home delivery when the vehicle is available. Please reply back to confirm the delivery address and parking.
Address: ().
Parking: Where should we park the Tesla ? Driveway or street parking.
Tesla games, like your crush teasing you

Ordered 5/16 and completed profile the same day. EDD has changed so many times that I've lost track - I have yet to receive a VIN.

Next week marks 2 months of waiting.

Estimated Delivery: July 22 - August 11.
Almost the same here. Ordered 5/15 and completed the profile 5/16. I’ve been keeping track in a spreadsheet, but currently I’m at July 20 to August 9. No VIN yet.

1625701445834.png

In this thread nobody has gotten aVIN since the holiday weekend right?
According to the spreadsheet it doesn't look like anyone has received a VIN lately either. Not representative of everyone, but might help.

Ordered a MY LR back in February. Put it on hold and then finally put it through in late June. I don’t have an EDD or anything else about my order. I’m in the ultimate Tesla limbo.

I’ve been reading this thread and I’m interested to know why anyone would trade in a car with Tesla? I don’t see that being a good deal for any purchaser.

Case in point: Between February and late June I ordered and received a MY SR black on black on black. When I realized I could make money by selling my SR I submitted it as a trade in for the LR. They offered me about $35K. I ended up selling it for $54.5K to a dealership. $6K pure profit for me after driving it for over a month (1420 miles).

Also, after receiving my SR I sold my 10 year old Elantra with 133K miles for $5K. The market is fantastic for used cars right now. Don’t trade your car in to Tesla. You can get more on the open market.
Based on offers 3 weeks ago Tesla trade-in was the best offer for my Model 3 that I am trading in (factoring in the tax offset on the new vehicle). Next closest offer came from a local BMW dealership. However, based on everything I've seen in all the forums and on FB I think I might be an outlier.