Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am acccessing Tesla’s website through my cell phone to check my EDD (only like 20 times each day). When I finally get a VIN does it just appear once I refresh the page in the same place where the EDD is shown? Or where would I find it once they assign it?
Yes, it will just appear right below your reservation number and above your EDD on the account page.

Not sure if this is good news. I ordered May 8 and completed profile immediately including financing through Tesla.

In the ensuing 60 days through last week, the dates were all over the place including 10 solid days at September.

Early last week it changed to 7Jul-21Jul, then 10Jul-28Jul. For the past four days it has gone up by one day each day and we’re now at 14Jul -21Jul.

Is this normal, are we getting closer or should I just ignore the whole thing? I’ve also got vacation coming up at the end of the month so timing is everything.

T.

Reactions: und2000 and Ryano90
Not sure if this is good news. I ordered May 8 and completed profile immediately including financing through Tesla.

In the ensuing 60 days through last week, the dates were all over the place including 10 solid days at September.

Early last week it changed to 7Jul-21Jul, then 10Jul-28Jul. For the past four days it has gone up by one day each day and we’re now at 14Jul -21Jul.

Is this normal, are we getting closer or should I just ignore the whole thing? I’ve also got vacation coming up at the end of the month so timing is everything.

T.
Same here with slightly different dates. Converging dates does give hope that something is happening. However most of us April/May orders also seen this happen in June so there is some doubt about the accuracy and overall realism of the EDD itself.

What you want to see is a VIN. Once assigned my understanding is that West Coast orders (typically) are delivered within a few days pending logistics availability.

Reactions: gniss39
Can someone explain the sequence of payments to me? I understand to order I'll be charged a $100 ordering fee. At delivery I'll have to make full payment. Are there any mandatory or interim or down payments in between, and if so, what is the trigger for them?
Once a VIN is assigned, Tesla begins to nag you for final payment. Some people wait until they see the car at the delivery point before they EFT the final payment, which can be done via Plaid (their electronic payment service of choice) or by standard ACH using your bank account number and your bank's routing number.