Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the DCU loan, you can apply for a pre-approval, but in order to actually get the loan you'll need the MVPA (purchase agreement) to provide to DCU. So you can't really do too much until you have a VIN and MVPA.

I plan on financing with Tesla and then just Re-Fi into the DCU or PenFed loan right away (unless tesla can match). It will make the whole transaction a lot smoother.
@onlymovies DCU transaction was smooth, once VIN was assigned and I was within a week of my EDD (which I had my SA confirm was locked in) then I applied at DCU online. Next day called them and they finished everything on the phone, two days later I already had the finance portion check from them in my hands. A week later I took delivery of the car. However, because i'm in Texas I had to send the down payment and finance portion check to Tesla prior to delivery day. Legally they are supposed to have the car paid for before it enters Texas but I imagine they are playing a bit loose on that...

@onlymovies DCU transaction was smooth, once VIN was assigned and I was within a week of my EDD (which I had my SA confirm was locked in) then I applied at DCU online. Next day called them and they finished everything on the phone, two days later I already had the finance portion check from them in my hands. A week later I took delivery of the car. However, because i'm in Texas I had to send the down payment and finance portion check to Tesla prior to delivery day. Legally they are supposed to have the car paid for before it enters Texas but I imagine they are playing a bit loose on that...
I wonder if that factored into the Tesla decision to put the factory in TX for CT and MY...it had too! They get to recognize revenue earlier than POS.

Has anyone noticed the EDD updating more than once per day and/or a consistent time each day? I am just trying to figure out my level of OCD on refreshing the site.
I use distill as others have mentioned to get notified of a change to the EDD (I was previously refreshing the page every like 30 minutes :D) but now I just get a text message and notification on my phone so I can relax (a little). To answer your specific question: the last 3 changes (since I set up Distill) have happened at or around 7AM CST--no other changes during the day.

SAME HERE! He keeps telling me to just relax it'll get here when it gets here -____-
Our situation is worse, we're both anxious, we both had Teslas and we both detest driving our sole remaining ICE until the MY7 gets here 🤣

We were not driving the ICE at all, to the point that we were concerned the gas in it would break down and destroy the fuel lines (yes, this does happen), and now that we drive the crap out of it (500+ miles/week) we are appalled at the price of gas! And it's not just the price but after not dealing with ICE for ~3 years, having to take time to go to the gas station seems so unnatural (and we hate the smells).

I would argue that it's also worse when you know what and how the car drives and how it betters your experience as it relates to personal transportation. We got very used to the EV Life™ and miss it tremendously. For all you first-time Tesla owners, boy are you in for a surprise! There's stuff that you just can't comprehend until after you've lived with these cars for a while.

I plan on financing with Tesla and then just Re-Fi into the DCU or PenFed loan right away (unless tesla can match). It will make the whole transaction a lot smoother.
How are the fees on a refi?

Exact same dates as of this morning! Grrr. I was holding at 7/16-7/31 for the past few days. SA states the the estimated build date is 7/22 and I am picking up at the Fremont factory. Time will tell...

Just talked with my SA...Says my build date is now 8/12. He said typically those dates don't move around much, but they have seen quite a bit over the past few days with the addition of the Bioweapon Defense Mode. Maybe backed up the production line?

That's awesome, we'll probably do this too then. I assumed it was like a home refi with significant fees.
Home refi last 2 years have been amazing, i've refinanced twice for 15yr loans. went from 3.5% to 1.875% and each round the lender paid all the refi fees. No out of pocket or roll into loan costs, absolutely 100% fees paid by lender through lender credits.

Order Date 6/2 Blue with black interior, MYLR 7 seater, induction wheels with tow hitch and no FSD. Been hanging around mid August-early September but this morning it goes to 8/4-8/24 so hopefully that's a good sign. Would be happier if I see July in the EDD tomorrow but I can only hope.
Same build to mine and ordered on the same day! Today EDD moved to 7/29 - 8/16 from "October"... So maybe there is hope!

Reactions: potter287
Ordered MYLR White on White w/ Gemini Wheels and FSD on June 22nd. The EDD was varying between August 8th - September 15th for the past month but this morning it just changed to July 28th - August 15th! I'm really excited to think that I'll have my car in the next 2-4 weeks! :) I already sold my Dodge Charger last week so the sooner the better, especially since all Model Y's have the Bioweapon defense mode which is the feature I really wanted to have. I'd love the newer headlights too, but I can live w/o those.
what is bio defense mode & the difference in headlights?