Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fingers crossed for you! It's great to see another Greenville local in these forums. I will be picking up at the Charlotte SC and have not had much help from my SA there. Curious to know what your experience has been like...

I started the South Carolina Waiting Room if you mind sharing. Thanks!
Nice! Sure will!

It has been kind of different...I actually went to Atlanta-Roswell to test drive a Y since that was the only 7 seater anywhere near me I could take my whole family to go sit in it to make sure we all fit. I ended up ordering with an SA in Roswell. He was ok and would usually respond in a day or two if I had a question about something.

Last month we were in Charlotte for something else so I stopped by to check on my order and everything and ended up talking to some very helpful SAs (they were definitely not busy that day LOL) so I ended up switching to one of them since that is where I will be taking delivery. Currently I am assigned to Younes in Charlotte. That said, I have not reached out in the last month or so since nothing has changed and I haven't had any questions or anything. But as soon as I get my VIN and the whirlwind starts, I'll be reaching out a bunch I'm sure.

I took delivery of my M3 in Charlotte last year and they were incredibly nice and helpful, but it was an inventory car that just happened to match my spec so I bought that instead of ordering a custom car.

Hopefully my delivery experience with the MY is as good as it was with the M3 because that was a great experience, even in the peak of COVID when everyone was freaking out not knowing what this virus was all about.

Luckily my brother is finance manager at a dealership which has a huge network of brands and we have other close friends and family who are GM's or Managers at various dealerships and they've all been throwing offers at us to try to get us to buy anything but tesla... so we're not worried about paying an inflated price... it all comes down to finding something we think we'll enjoy as much as the tesla.
Have you considered trying to snag up an inventory Tesla? If you're a little flexible on config it may work.

To add to the tally, we've been a one car family as well for close to 2 months now, w/ 2 kids & 2 dogs. We both WFH but it has been more than a little challenging, but no way were we ever considering not getting a Tesla — yes, this is because we just sold our Tesla and know exactly what the value proposition is and would not have it any other way. If anything at all, it would have to be another EV like an ID.4 or Mach-E. But not really, at least not now. May pick up an Ioniq 5 once avail in the US.

Have you considered trying to snag up an inventory Tesla? If you're a little flexible on config it may work.

To add to the tally, we've been a one car family as well for close to 2 months now, w/ 2 kids & 2 dogs. We both WFH but it has been more than a little challenging, but no way were we ever considering not getting a Tesla — yes, this is because we just sold our Tesla and know exactly what the value proposition is and would not have it any other way. If anything at all, it would have to be another EV like an ID.4 or Mach-E. But not really, at least not now. May pick up an Ioniq 5 once avail in the US.
yes I have kept my eyes on ev-tsla on a regular basis. In reality my conditions are that it needs a black interior and the only colors I want are black, white or MSM. I saw a black/ black MY zero miles come up this morning (in transport, no location) but by the time I submitted a request for a call back it has disappeared from the website and I assume somebody has purchased it or it's been matched to somebody elses order.

yes I have kept my eyes on ev-tsla on a regular basis. In reality my conditions are that it needs a black interior and the only colors I want are black, white or MSM. I saw a black/ black MY zero miles come up this morning (in transport, no location) but by the time I submitted a request for a call back it has disappeared from the website and I assume somebody has purchased it or it's been matched to somebody elses order.
Gotcha, sounds like you may see something, but if you've been at it for a while you already know what you can expect.

Just a personal note on the white interior, I had a P3D+ with white interior and our 2 young kids were 3 years younger back then, and absolutely no problem. The other Model 3 we had had black interior; having had both, we're getting the MY7 w/ white interior because of how well it holds up. I'm applying a ceramic coating to the seats day 1, planning on refreshing it every 6-12 months.

Gotcha, sounds like you may see something, but if you've been at it for a while you already know what you can expect.

Just a personal note on the white interior, I had a P3D+ with white interior and our 2 young kids were 3 years younger back then, and absolutely no problem. The other Model 3 we had had black interior and we're getting the MY7 w/ white interior because of how well it holds up. I'm applying a ceramic coating to the seats day 1, planning on refreshing it every 6-12 months.
not really a matter of keeping the interior clean (no kids and one 15 pound pup)... just personal preference for black interior... call it the Russian in me haha.

not really a matter of keeping the interior clean (no kids and one 15 pound pup)... just personal preference for black interior... call it the Russian in me haha.
You gotta get what you like :cool: That's why we had one of each 🤣 But it was his/hers. We're both fans of the white now. At least we think we are, because the black interior one was getting 90% of the mileage (the kids trashing the place mileage) :p

For those that have received VINs lately, did anyone happen to notice the VIN assigned on your Tesla Account page (behind the scenes source code hack) in the days leading up to assignment? I keep refreshing to look for blue button, and when it doesn't appear, I then check under the hood looking for any insight but have been striking out

Reactions: sunshine3200
Still waiting on our 5/9 order, now due in October. Was commenting to our SA that if EDD keeps getting drawn out then maybe I’ll benefit by receiving an Austin-built Y with 4680 batteries. SA quickly put the kibosh on that hypothetical scenario.

He said the order agreement stipulates if Tesla discontinued any batteries then they have the right to cancel everyone’s order and charge new price of new/4680 battery. Interesting play, Elon. Touché.

Last edited:
For those that have received VINs lately, did anyone happen to notice the VIN assigned on your Tesla Account page (behind the scenes source code hack) in the days leading up to assignment? I keep refreshing to look for blue button, and when it doesn't appear, I then check under the hood looking for any insight but have been striking out
The last time I checked I think it was 4 days before I got VIN. There was nothing there. I don't think it's reliable, but can be fun ;) One thing that did kinda stand out is that my EDD held steady for about a whole week about 2 weeks prior to getting VIN, and that was when a lot of people's EDDs were shifting almost daily.