Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New member here. Just thought I would add my current experience. Ordered my MYLR 5/20/21, blue, black interior, 19" wheels. Of course the EDD bounced around a lot but trending towards later, most recently 8/2-8/12. Two days ago I got a text message that the Knoxville service center had opened and they had transferred delivery of my vehicle from Nashville (4 hrs. away) to Knoxville (1 1/2 hrs). I thought "wow, great!" Then the next day the EDD was "October." Still no VIN of course.
Ordered 5/22, exact same config as yours but my earliest EDD is 8/2. I will never figure out Tesla's delivery logistics because it does not make any sense!

For those that have received VINs lately, did anyone happen to notice the VIN assigned on your Tesla Account page (behind the scenes source code hack) in the days leading up to assignment? I keep refreshing to look for blue button, and when it doesn't appear, I then check under the hood looking for any insight but have been striking out
I think it’s unreliable because if a vin is assigned to you it will be shown on the website. I don’t see any reason they will write a code to hide it.

The MY Super spreadsheet shows 64 days now.
Yes, but that also includes a lot of "Inventory" purchases where Order Day may be the same as VIN day. So take it with a grain of salt (I would say 75 days to be safe). If you filter out all those with less than say 15 days I'm sure it would be more accurate.

I do wish they tracked it based on Profile Completion Date to VIN date ... Since some orders get placed on hold and that will also skew the numbers to larger then what they actually are.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Side bar question; who do you guys call to have it changed from cash to finance?! I wanna be ready for when the time comes. Thanks I’m advance!
Side bar question; who do you guys call to have it changed from cash to finance?! I wanna be ready for when the time comes. Thanks I’m advance!
Just hit up your SA or customer service. I’ve had it done. It’s fairly easy on their end.

Reactions: Yankees
You call them up yet? What are they saying, what's up with multiple VINs disappearing?
Just spoke with them... he said "believe it or not it's probably a good thing". Basically he explained that the system matches VINs based on various factors and when things like shipping don't line up they assign a new VIN to better match up. So now the system is once again actively looking for a VIN to assign and the car has not been built yet. Unfortunately it does look like this will most likely move things back a bit, but then again if I have learned one thing here it's that there is no way to predict anything until you get the delivery date text message. And hey, at least now I have a better shot at getting HEPA.

Just spoke with them... he said "believe it or not it's probably a good thing". Basically he explained that the system matches VINs based on various factors and when things like shipping don't line up they assign a new VIN to better match up. So now the system is once again actively looking for a VIN to assign and the car has not been built yet. Unfortunately it does look like this will most likely move things back a bit, but then again if I have learned one thing here it's that there is no way to predict anything until you get the delivery date text message. And hey, at least now I have a better shot at getting HEPA.
Any idea if you're in some sort of priority queue at least? And yes, for me personally HEPA is huge being semi-asthmatic (as is one of my two children), once I heard the news I was praying our car will have it (and it does!).

Does anyone know how common it is for Model Y's to show up in Tesla's used inventory? I just saw this black MYLR come up and would have bought it if it didn't have FSD (out of my budget).

Now it has me thinking that I should keep a closer eye on the inventory so I don't have to wait on my EDD as I am fairly flexible so long as it has low mileage and is in my budget.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 8.27.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 8.27.11 PM.png
    68 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Does anyone know how common it is for Model Y's to show up in Tesla's used inventory? I just saw this black MYLR come up and would have absolutely bought it if it didn't have FSD (out of my budget).

Now it has me thinking that I should keep a closer eye on the inventory so I don't have to wait on my EDD as I am fairly flexible so long as it has low mileage and is in my budget.
Very Very common at the end of Q, less common at the start but they will start to show up with more frequency as the Q progresses

Reactions: RatsFPV
Any idea if you're in some sort of priority queue at least? And yes, for me personally HEPA is huge being semi-asthmatic (as is one of my two children), once I heard the news I was praying our car will have it (and it does!).
I’m sure that I won’t be moved to the back of the line, but priority is probably unlikely. Same here with HEPA - I would be pretty disappointed if I don’t get it.

Does anyone know how common it is for Model Y's to show up in Tesla's used inventory? I just saw this black MYLR come up and would have bought it if it didn't have FSD (out of my budget).

The frequency was already mentioned, but seems like the FSD can be removed, or so the posts on this thread have indicated.

Perhaps they can remove the FSD from used cars?

I’m sure that I won’t be moved to the back of the line, but priority is probably unlikely. Same here with HEPA - I would be pretty disappointed if I don’t get it.
Lol I just don’t get all the excitement over a filter. I mean it’s cool and all but is it really that big a deal? Now something like better headlights, more range, the heated steering wheel etc. that I get.

Lol I just don’t get all the excitement over a filter. I mean it’s cool and all but is it really that big a deal? Now something like better headlights, more range, the heated steering wheel etc. that I get.
It won’t be a big deal for everyone, but some people have allergies/asthma or live in places with pollution or heavy seasonal pollen. Everyone has different needs.

It won’t be a big deal for everyone, but some people have allergies/asthma or live in places with pollution or heavy seasonal pollen. Everyone has different needs.
I rarely roll my windows down in the S and previous cars unless I’m going through the drive-thru. I don’t know if it’s my imagination but when we had the Model S with HEPA I noticed the interior didn’t get as dusty as past cars, thus needing less frequent interior wipe downs. The drawback though is air fresheners also don’t last as long with the HEPA…or maybe I’m just using cheap air fresheners.

It is very very easy for you to remove FSD. You can do it yourself from the web page. This is what I did when I bought an inventory car about 4 weeks ago. Just like you can add FSD from the web page, you can also remove it. For me, this was the easiest thing of the entire purchase process.

PS: I should have taken a screen shot of the page. There was a BIG blue button to remove FSD. Very easy.