Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that was only Europe. If it gets opened up here that could send my wife back to gas.
Its a positive thing. The revenue they will generate from the additional users will help pay for further expansion and development of faster charging tech. EA is going to go belly up, VW is selling it off and its going to go the way of ChargePoint where its out dated tech and half broken stations. We need Tesla to continue investing and the additional cash will allow them to do that without raising prices for all of us.

I know they used to sell the M3 that way (Performance Stealth they called it I think). Maybe the MY had that option as well at the beginning. I'm not as familiar tbh.
P3D-, basically the best incarnation of the P3D — the 21" wheels are anti-performance and are really just bling (because of weight, primarily, but so little tire isn't ideal for performance either); the upgraded brakes would come in handy at the track, but for daily driving/stoplight warrior duty only 0-60 time really matters, and the P3D- was the ish! Plus, serious racers would swap out the suspension anyway, so starting with a P3D- was somewhat more flexible. It was a special time, when 3D LRs were built w/ the P3D's rear motor (ours had this motor) and it was basically a software unlock — it was never done for anyone as far as I know, but that's how they would manufacture a P3D-, simply build a 3D LR and unlock the full power to the rear motor, as the cars had the same identical hardware save for the wheels, brakes & slightly different suspension.

So this was kinda like the same idea. If I were buying a YP I would immediately lose the boat anchor 21s, so this is kinda like an option from the factory (which, sadly, isn't available).

Its a positive thing. The revenue they will generate from the additional users will help pay for further expansion and development of faster charging tech. EA is going to go belly up, VW is selling it off and its going to go the way of ChargePoint where its out dated tech and half broken stations. We need Tesla to continue investing and the additional cash will allow them to do that without raising prices for all of us.
This is definitely the outcome I am hoping for. Part of me is definitely a little bitter knowing I might have to wait on a bunch of non-Tesla's to potentially very slowly charge and hold up stalls for fast charging-Tesla's and slow down road trips. I hope they make it pretty expensive and more of a "last resort" for non Tesla vehicles that need to charge so they limit their time at the chargers and move on, while simultaneously bringing in additional revenue for Tesla as a whole to expand.

Update: after trying to make thing happen over the phone, went to DC/SC in person. Super friendly and helpful, I tried to get the car today but they said it hadn't been detailed yet, I didn't push the issue but asked if they could at least move the appointment sooner than 3 PM tomorrow. We're now on for 1 PM, just made payment (required in TX, no option to inspect before payment).

My wife won't wait at charging stations. It's bad enough with only Tesla's. I doubt that will happen here anyway, at least for awhile.

Just got a VIN (230xxx) for my MYP!

Quick question - I wad matched to a vehicle in Alabama and I’m in California about 30min from the factory (had selected factory delivery). Should I be concerned about a car coming back? Maybe a refused delivery? Thoughts?
It's a recent build so that's good. Maybe financing fell through, or other reason. Hard to tell if the rejection was for defects on the car until you see it.

My EDD hasn't changed in 4-5 days but this agreement section appeared today. No VIN but does having this "greyed out" review link show up possibly mean I am getting close?

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 6.09.46 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 6.09.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 6.09.46 PM.png
    377.9 KB · Views: 59
For those seeing the blue button being greyed out, I just spoke with my SA and he took a look into their system. What this means is that the car is waiting for VIN match and once it's matched and set for delivery, it will turn on!

This matches the theory on what a user posted here --> Current Delivery Times
idk - I've already been VIN matched and set for delivery next Saturday and I got that button as well.

It is weird that there are a couple people that don't have the un-clickable review documents button but almost everyone else does...I assumed it was everyone, but the fact that there are a couple people saying they don't have it gives me the tiniest bit of hope... 🤞 🤞
I may have missed it since there's a lotta pages, but I don't recall reading any posts that they weren't seeing the Review Agreements button.

I'm assuming this is just a new section Tesla rolled out on the website which inadvertently kinda trolled everyone who refreshes 3 times a minute.

Reactions: drivethefuture
My EDD is August 22nd to September 11th and I had the agreements thing pop up today. I called my SA and he's saying he's seeing the estimated date being around September 1st in his system. I go on a two week vacation on the 3rd so I really hope that's the case. :)

He also mentioned that the Fremont plant was building for other countries until recently and that local deliveries should start speeding up since they're focused on domestic builds now. All that said, he did say that historically they tend to track pretty close to the estimates and are not usually early. * Fingers Crossed *

My EDD is August 22nd to September 11th and I had the agreements thing pop up today. I called my SA and he's saying he's seeing the estimated date being around September 1st in his system. I go on a two week vacation on the 3rd so I really hope that's the case. :)

He also mentioned that the Fremont plant was building for other countries until recently and that local deliveries should start speeding up since they're focused on domestic builds now. All that said, he did say that historically they tend to track pretty close to the estimates and are not usually early. * Fingers Crossed *
Mine is same DATES!

How is the build quality and did you happen to find any issues?
I haven't done a full "YouTube influencer" walk around with my micrometers yet, but overall it seemed to be in great shape. Seriously though, nothing jumped out at me and I'll check for panel gaps, but at a glance, everything seems in order. Paint looks great! Engine purrs like a kitten. Doors open and close with ease.

There is only one thing that has bothered me so far, and that is the damn seatbelt. It cuts me right across the neck and is really irritating. It's down as far as it will go and I tried adjusting seat etc to mitigate it, but no luck. Just ordered a seatbelt pad off Amazon. I'm glad this is the only annoying thing though.

I do have the BioWeapon Defense Mode too.