Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, because I am a nerd (albeit apparently not a big enough nerd since I had to google "Raspberry Pi"...that threw me for a loop) I counted (2x) new MYs on base today. That brings the total observed on-base Model Y's to (7).

I have to admit that when I first decided to order a Model Y, I was worried that I would be judged by my fellow Marines - I was. Actually had two tell me that I would be a bad leader for driving a "luxury" vehicle and "flaunting my paycheck" in front of the Marines, never mind that both Marines in question drove $80,000 lifted diesel pickups. It's nice to see that I won't be the only one on base and owning a Tesla is starting to be normalized in the military...I think.

We will see what happens when we go back to the fleet...

Anyway, congrats to today's lucky winners! May your SA be prompt and timely with your delivery scheduling, all your panels gapless, your air filters be HEPA, and your batteries charged to a responsible 80%.

Last edited:
I have not been able to get into the "manage" section of my order since yesterday to see my EDD. It just reloads the dashboard instead of taking me into the order page. Anyone else experience this?
I have not experienced that but if you take this link and put your reservation number, it should take you directly to the page.

Code:
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=<rnNumber>

*edit to fix the link

So, because I am a nerd (albeit apparently not a big enough nerd since I had to google "Raspberry Pi"...that threw me for a loop) I noticed counted (2x) new MYs on base today. That brings the total observed on-base Model Y's to (7). Just a reminder to follow your ABCs - Always be Collecting [Intelligence].

I have to admit that when I first decided to order a Model Y, that I would be judged by my fellow Marines - I was. Actually had two tell me that I would be a bad leader for driving a "luxury" vehicle and "flaunting my paycheck" in front of the Marines, never mind that both Marines in question drove $80,000 lifted diesel pickups. It's nice to see that I won't be the only one on base and owning a Tesla is starting to be normalized in the military...I think.

We will see what happens when we go back to the fleet...

Anyway, congrats to today's lucky winners! May your SA be prompt and timely with your delivery scheduling, all your panels gapless, your air filters be HEPA, and your batteries charged to a responsible 80%.
Everybody in the Air Force has a Model Y, they issue them when you complete OTS. They used to issue Model 3s but that caused an issue with golf clubs so they had to upsize. (Ok, that's the setup for your free shot!)

In all seriousness, I work on a Navy base now and I hardly ever see them, either on base or even in the local area. I live in one of the strangest places in America. It's a little peninsula surrounded by water on three sides so there's NO through-traffic, no cities, and DC sits at the top of the peninsula like a cork on a bottle. So we're totally isolated down here yet only 65 miles from DC and it's like living in the middle of Kansas surrounded by farms. I see a Tesla maybe twice a week, max. And there's TONS of money here because it's a flight test and Naval aviation procurement and program office base, heavily weighted to officers and higher rated civil servants--engineers, program managers, folks like that. But for whatever reason hardly any Teslas around.

Last edited:
I have not been able to get into the "manage" section of my order since yesterday to see my EDD. It just reloads the dashboard instead of taking me into the order page. Anyone else experience this?
I am experiencing the same thing as of this morning. It seemed to coincide with an email I got from Tesla about some new solar panels that are now available...weird

No changes here.

Also, I’m super lazy so I’ll just ask here instead of looking around…anyone with MYLR order dates in the 7/4-7/10 range or close to it? Just curious how your EDDs match up to mine…

9/6-9/26
Ordered a month before you and EDD has been stuck at 9/13-9/30 for the last 5 days or so.

#teamblue

Anyone have issues with WC shipping? Mine was supposed to be delivered this past weekend but never even got to FedEx. Tesla has not responded to my email.