Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Omg yay, this makes me happy to see that you’re 8/11-8/27. I’m also picking up in Austin, TX, and my dates are 8/11-8/26 as of this morning. I was 8/10-8/26 last night.

I am too new for a signature it seems, so here’s my order from 5/20. MYLR, W+W, 20”, NoTow, NoFSD.
Ahhhmazing!! We have the same specs too! I wonder if we will pick up around the same time! 🙂

Reactions: ZeroG
Permits and LI! I'm also in Nassau. I went with the JuiceBox that plugs into a Nema 14-50. Easier to take with me when I sell the house. The Tesla WC is just basically any other EV WC.

Who did you speak to at Tesla? I do like the aesthetics of the Tesla WC. Looks so much cooler.
I went with the juice box as well. No permits needed. Whomever said that at Tesla didn’t know what they were talking about.

Reactions: RyMY and PatrickTM
Have a question about payment.

In 2018, a family member took delivery of a Model 3 and paid with I think a cashier's check or something. We handed that check/piece of paper over when we took delivery in person.

In 2021 for the Model Y, if paying cash, is that still possible? Or is it wire transfer done online? Just wondering how a cash payment should be done these days.

yeah I don't see many of those in the spreadsheet. so you probably just got lucky from a nearby hold/rejection and you were just the next possible match.
That does make sense. In their first text message it was specified that "you have been matched to a vehicle", I live in SF Bay Area so close to the Fremont plant too. If the delivery turns out fine, I should probably go get a lottery ticket.

Have a question about payment.

In 2018, a family member took delivery of a Model 3 and paid with I think a cashier's check or something. We handed that check/piece of paper over when we took delivery in person.

In 2021 for the Model Y, if paying cash, is that still possible? Or is it wire transfer done online? Just wondering how a cash payment should be done these days.
When I asked my SA about the payment deadline he said I could bring a cashier's check at pickup if I wanted to.

It is definitely self-torture and has become a habitual part of my morning routine that I will almost miss. Make coffee, shower, brush teeth, head to work, refresh Tesla page, cry inside a little, check forums, catch up on the 173 pages that appeared since checking just before bed around 8 hours before, do a little work, refresh again and read through the new 27 pages on the forum, cheer for those with VINs while simultaneously feeling your rage meter climb since they ordered 7 weeks after you...

You know - a typical day.

I really don't know what I am going to do with all my spare time if I ever actually get the car delivered. Maybe write a book or get my pilot's license or something?
Don't worry. You wont have time with all the driving you will be doing.

Reactions: GoGators!
Called Fremont again. 👉👈
They said their system expects my car to be delivered to Fort Myers, on the 22nd so i must be getting a VIN in the next 5-7 days if they plan on having it there by then. Luckily I've called every day to different locations on purpose and every one has the same answer so there has to be some truth to this.

After 62 days of fear, hope, excite, despair, ecstatic, bad dreams, good dreams, and the wacky roller coaster ride of buying a Tesla, i am starting to mellow out, since i feel like its actually coming very soon. 😬

Called Fremont again. 👉👈
They said their system expects my car to be delivered to Fort Myers, on the 22nd so i must be getting a VIN in the next 5-7 days if they plan on having it there by then. Luckily I've called every day to different locations on purpose and every one has the same answer so there has to be some truth to this.

After 62 days of fear, hope, excite, despair, ecstatic, bad dreams, good dreams, and the wacky roller coaster ride of buying a Tesla, i am starting to mellow out, since i feel like its actually coming very soon. 😬

They never ever answer when I call - what number do you select after dialing?

Last edited:
Reactions: iratre and MBx4
Called Fremont again. 👉👈

What number did you call?

Reactions: jp2021
That does make sense. In their first text message it was specified that "you have been matched to a vehicle", I live in SF Bay Area so close to the Fremont plant too. If the delivery turns out fine, I should probably go get a lottery ticket.

What is your vin # range (first 3 digits)?
What TMK26 said, if you can provide those digits they should be something like 255XXX or something. That would give a ballpark of when the car was born. Also a car that was rematched or rejected isn't always a bad thing, 7 seaters seem to be sparse so the stars just probably aligned properly

Reactions: PatrickTM