Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can't believe how far all our EDD's (or disappearing EDD's) have diverged. Still hoping we all get the behind the wheel mid-august and this is just a case of the Monday's for the programmer in charge of EDD's at Tesla HQ!
Last evening I was talking to my friend in NJ ordered 06/15 like 10 days after me Black/Black 7 seater and got a VIN last Thursday and scheduled delivery on 9th. It made me think they made a lot of Black MY's recently.

Reactions: ajs847
I received a VIN yesterday around 4p EST - VIN 239XXX. I called my SA this morning, and they expect the vehicle to be delivered around 8/16. Is this turnaround time fairly typical, any chance it would arrive sooner?? I am in NC.

Order date: 5/25 | MY LR 5 seater | White ext/ Black Int | No FSD, No TOW | 20" Induction wheels
Normal based on this thread. VIN is anecdotally assigned at the time of manufacture (folks have debated "start of" or "off the line") but two weeks to ship.

In other news, I LOVE seeing a NC VIN!! Congrats!

Last edited:
October club here too. We’re an early July order, and our SA told us to expect that, so I’m not surprised. But, out of curiosity, those of you who previously got the “September” placeholder, what was the outcome? Did you get a VIN, get your EDD date range back? Maybe this is the wrong thread to ask, because hopefully a lot of those people are happily off driving their cars and not still hanging out in here lol

Reactions: MBx4
has anyone looked at existing inventory overseas? Seems like M3's are not selling out like they are here in the US - likely due to currency exchange rate's causing the prices to be higher than the competition. Maybe once the market gets saturated with MY's as well, they import the european MY's over here? who would buy a chinese made MY?

ev2.png

Reactions: PatrickTM
ahhhh.... so now i see i am not alone in the land of EDD Hell. When I ordered on May 31, the EDD was two weeks. I've been keeping score; tesla teased me on July 15 with a 2 week EDD! Now October.... but I'm holding out hope that there is a VIN sneaking around the corner so I can get in the car soon. My charger is installed and energized.

New rule: i'm allowed to look at the EDD all the time but I'm not allowed to complain about it. So, this morning, when i saw october (into the next quarter!!), i observed "look at all the extra time i have now to prepare for delivery!!".

If it's on the internet, it has to be true, right?

Date EDD
6/19 8/12 - 9/11
6/23 8/17 - 9/6
6/24 8/10 - 8/30
6/25 8/7 - 8/27
6/26 8/11 - 8/31
6/30 8/11 - 8/31
7/1 8/18 - 9/7
7/2 8/16 - 9/5
7/3 8/18 - 9/7
7/5 8/20 - 9/9
7/8 8/9 - 8/29
7/10 8/31 - 9/20
7/11 8/14 - 9/3
7/12 9/3 - 9/23
7/13 9/8 - 9/28
7/14 9/1 - 9/21
7/15 7/29 - 8/18
7/16 8/19 - 9/8
7/18 8/24 - 9/13
7/20 8/23 - 9/12
7/23 8/20 - 9/9
7/24 8/27 - 9/16
7/25 8/26 - 9/15
7/26 8/27 - 9/16
7/30 8/23 - 9/12
7/31 8/19 - 9/8
8/1 8/31 - 9/20
8/2 October

I feel a little guilty but my EDD hasn't done anything crazy recently. The front date just keeps pushing out, one day at a time, always 2 days away. I've been 2 days away for over a month now except for a random October EDD thrown in here or there.

Ordered: May 15.
EDD: Always 2 days away from the current date.

Hopefully we see some positive movement from people here soon. Looks like an EDD bloodbath this morning.

has anyone looked at existing inventory overseas? Seems like M3's are not selling out like they are here in the US - likely due to currency exchange rate's causing the prices to be higher than the competition. Maybe once the market gets saturated with MY's as well, they import the european MY's over here? who would buy a chinese made MY?

View attachment 691016
I would buy a MiC MY.

Over at swedespeed, I believe the MiC XC60 had better build quality vs the Sweden built ones.

Someone posted a while back about a web tool you could use that would notify you of changes to your Tesla account page, mostly to let you know when an EDD has been posted or changed. Anyone remember or know which site that was?

I feel a little guilty but my EDD hasn't done anything crazy recently. The front date just keeps pushing out, one day at a time, always 2 days away. I've been 2 days away for over a month now except for a random October EDD thrown in here or there.

Hopefully we see some positive movement from people here soon. Looks like an EDD bloodbath this morning.
Ugh what’s the difference between us I wonder that my EDD disappeared but yours stayed?

EDD bloodbath - Love it!! Haha I'm one of the departed.

• Funny