Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the consensus on what upgrading from LR to perf does to your place in line?
I think the consensus is that it will put you on the new timeline for whatever the current wait is for the MYP and then the other consensus is that you should just do it bro. Get the performance. Just some advice from an anonymous internet person. But it’s a good call. Looks way better, goes faster, worth every penny. Just do it. Your friends will agree it’s a good idea. Your girlfriend will think you’re hotter.

@CSTARZZ

If I sound like I'm trying to gaslight you, or publicly contradict you just to get a rise out of you, I genuinely apologize. That's not my intent.

However, I, like you and many others here, want to solve the mystery of the extra $500 and $90 you mentioned in this post: Current Delivery Times

I threw both of your photos into Excel and ran the numbers. Nerd alert. Here are my conclusions.
1. Tesla's math in the first screencap is simply wrong. The "Car Price" block is inaccurately calculated, and "Total Price" is consequently incorrectly tallied
2. The second screencap correctly calculated car price, AND THEN triggered a recalculation of sales tax, which is obviously based on car price; total price correctly tallied

I would love to see you original order pricing sheet, if you have it. It should have been sent to you over email when you first placed the order. That would allow us to do a true deep dive into your price breakdown, and catch any potential errors on Tesla's part.
In these two images, it shows that $500 was a price increase in the car? Shows that the price of the car went up. I was never told that the cars price was going to change. The only thing that was going to change was the modification. I went from white paint which was free up to black paint which was $1000. She told me it was just gonna change it by $1000. But it changed it by $1590.

Attachments

• 40587A86-0BED-4ACA-A6A1-3C35BF71C478.png
    40587A86-0BED-4ACA-A6A1-3C35BF71C478.png
    446.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 141431B6-0665-46AC-8CA8-D4BD76BCF1CA.png
    141431B6-0665-46AC-8CA8-D4BD76BCF1CA.png
    461.9 KB · Views: 39
Remote call center guy answered when I called just now. Said "yep, a lot of Octobers for the Y as of now due to a shortage of a few parts, which are delayed coming in". Who knows if thats the case, but were jumping ship if October is set in stone.
I work in manufacturing and in the same business complex as ITW that make interior door panels for model 3 and model y. I am not sure if they are still doing it but the plant is shutdown for 2 weeks now because of parts shortage.

Reactions: ajs847
Maybe even more like 3.8 seconds per this guy's test:
I also want to point out the 19'' stock aero wheels are lighter then the upgraded turbines. This results in less rotational weight and does make your car quicker. Anyone whos autox or tracked their car knows about rotational weight with Teslas. This is why I bought the stealth performance model 3 back in 2018. So in short its about a .5 second difference. Cant justify 10k for that lol.

Reactions: CGeiser
In these two images, it shows that $500 was a price increase in the car? Shows that the price of the car went up. I was never told that the cars price was going to change. The only thing that was going to change was the modification. I went from white paint which was free up to black paint which was $1000. She told me it was just gonna change it by $1000. But it changed it by $1590.
What was the date of your original order and the date of your changed order?

And I think you may have finally nailed it on the head. You paid an extra $500, which was a price increase on the car because the base price of the car went up during that time. It's a shame that Tesla rep did not inform you that you had already previously locked in a lower price. Like I mentioned before, Tesla has been bumping up Model Y base price $500 at a time, and they're up $4,000 now from March. I understand that it has to be done from a business perspective, but it's unfortunate.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSackLakeKid
Do you a date on when you did the change?

Looks like the wife is jumping ship. May 25th order. Had our EDD shift by months, and as of this morning went from 2 weeks away to October. Wife already sold her car as our SA said a VIN was going to happen back in mid July. One car family with two professionals that work an hour from each other and two teens going back to school in 3 weeks isn’t going to work sadly.

I know a lot of us are in this boat. Absolutely horrid customer service lately with the EDDs
Leave the order intact while you shop other cars. You might not have much luck. Inventory is low and little to no discounts off MSRP.

What was the date of your original order and the date of your changed order?

And I think you may have finally nailed it on the head. You paid an extra $500, which was a price increase on the car because the base price of the car went up during that time. It's a shame that Tesla rep did not inform you that you had already previously locked in a lower price. Like I mentioned before, Tesla has been bumping up Model Y base price $500 at a time, and they're up $4,000 now from March. I understand that it has to be done from a business perspective, but it's unfortunate.
It can’t be, the first price increase was May 21st I ordered May 28th. The second time the price went up with Jun 23rd my modification was on Jun 16th. So the price increase wouldn’t have hit yet.

It can’t be, the first price increase was May 21st I ordered May 28th. The second time the price went up with Jun 23rd my modification was on Jun 16th. So the price increase wouldn’t have hit yet.
Thanks for providing the dates! There has been a lot of price increases. At one point they were coming in every other week, Thursday night at midnight for a couple months very consistently.

And to your point, there indeed was a price increase between your original order date (21May) and change order date (16Jun). There was a $500 increase on June 10 2021: Tesla Model 3, Model Y Prices Are Increasing

Mystery solved! The MBA in me can finally fall asleep tonight.

PS: the $90 extra charge is increased sales tax due to increase in order price

And the $90 is just a 6% sales tax on the $1,500 price increase