Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So finally checked and my EDD is still the same for the past 5 days, so that has to count for something.

Also really awesome to see a few car pics posted of those who got them! That made my day, especially that blue one.

Have the electrician coming out to give a quote for a 14-50 outlet on Friday. So I got that going as well.

Yea mine too! Let me know how that quote comes out to be. I am really excited to meet fellow tesla Georgians (is that what y'all call yourselves down there? lol) when my wife and I move next year (God willing) to the Alpharetta/John's Creek/Suwanee area.

100%.. Overpromise, underdeliver and screw your customers.. that's Tesla. This is a joke of a car company. I am sure most car companies will catch up to them soon and we will not be at the mercy of one bull$$it company - Battery technology, AI, SD will be commodity in a few years.
Tesla has a massive amount of demand right now. Not only for their cars, but also for their energy products. They 100% need to work on customer service but a company growing as fast as they are needs to pick-and-choose where the deploy their resources. I’d rather them focus on improving the products and offerings, and staying in front of the competition, rather than constumer service (at this point). I just got solar/powerwall installed and have two MYLR’s on order, and have a M3 currently. Although there have been some frustrations with all of these products, I’m willing to deal with that bc the product is far superior. Once other companies catch up they will need to focus more on customer service but for now I’d rather them put those resrouces into innovation.
I understand it’s frustrating but every car manufacturer that has a “hot” car right now has bad customer service. Prior to ordering my wife’s model Y I tried to get a Kia Telluride for her. They wanted $15k over MSRP. I negotiated to $7,500 and put a $500 deposit down for the next white Telluride in stock. 6 months later no Telluride & just as bad of customer service as Tesla. I’ve been trying to get my son a ps5 for almost a year- only way to get it is pay double retail price.
Point being- if you don’t want to wait or deal with sub-par customer service, then don’t get a Tesla or any other in-demand product. Tesla is pretty accurate in their EDDs, so it’s not like we didn’t know what we were getting into. And Tesla’s lack of customer service & quality control is widely known at this point.

Not trying to poke the bear at all, but to the people upset about MYPs being prioritized and the people who are upset about other people ordering MYPs to decrease the wait time, why are you surprised by this experience? When you go to the order page, you click Long Range and get and estimate. You click Performance and get a shorter estimate. The expectation is right there from the get-go.

There are clearly some frustrating outliers here where people have been waiting an unreasonable amount of time, but that isn't a uniquely Tesla experience. My boss ordered a new Bronco four months ago. His lease on his vehicle expired a month ago and he had to return his car with nothing to replace it, and now has no car and is not expected to get one until September. There are supply chain issues affecting every manufacturer right now, and even a company like Ford is doing an imperfect job at setting expectations, largely because it is just such an unknown especially as the pandemic which is causing supply chain issues is always changing and unknown itself.

But for the specific case that a performance model gets delivered before a long range model, I don't understand the frustration. They tell you that is the case up front very clearly. And it is obviously because they need to prioritize things with higher margins to make more money during a time when producing vehicles is very difficult and they can only produce so many. That's business. That's capitalism. That's America, baby.

Tesla has a massive amount of demand right now. Not only for their cars, but also for their energy products. They 100% need to work on customer service but a company growing as fast as they are needs to pick-and-choose where the deploy their resources. I’d rather them focus on improving the products and offerings, and staying in front of the competition, rather than constumer service (at this point). I just got solar/powerwall installed and have two MYLR’s on order, and have a M3 currently. Although there have been some frustrations with all of these products, I’m willing to deal with that bc the product is far superior. Once other companies catch up they will need to focus more on customer service but for now I’d rather them put those resrouces into innovation.
I understand it’s frustrating but every car manufacturer that has a “hot” car right now has bad customer service. Prior to ordering my wife’s model Y I tried to get a Kia Telluride for her. They wanted $15k over MSRP. I negotiated to $7,500 and put a $500 deposit down for the next white Telluride in stock. 6 months later no Telluride & just as bad of customer service as Tesla. I’ve been trying to get my son a ps5 for almost a year- only way to get it is pay double retail price.
Point being- if you don’t want to wait or deal with sub-par customer service, then don’t get a Tesla or any other in-demand product. Tesla is pretty accurate in their EDDs, so it’s not like we didn’t know what we were getting into. And Tesla’s lack of customer service & quality control is widely known at this point.
this 👆🏻 and don’t forget all the issues with the car after taking delivery … read other threads, go to Reddit or any other forum about Teslas, research, it’s a royal mess; everybody says they love their cars and I believe them but Mr. “4wheels” guy is due for a wake up call soon, very soon. I have neighbors with M3 and MS and they told me it’s not all about rainbows with Tesla and don’t forget the edge of having the Supercharger infrastructure will be gone soon, so imagine the lines of other EV’s using your precious Tesla supercharger? if anyone didn’t ponder these questions before ordering it, then cancel it and buy a used Honda Civic, cuz this is the game.

Yea mine too! Let me know how that quote comes out to be. I am really excited to meet fellow tesla Georgians (is that what y'all call yourselves down there? lol) when my wife and I move next year (God willing) to the Alpharetta/John's Creek/Suwanee area.
Tesla recommend electrician quote $3k, my electrician guy quote $1.3k for exactly the same service.

Model MYLR | Exterior Black | Interior Black | Seats 5 | Wheels 20" | Tow No | FSD No
Ordered 5/27/21 & Profile completion date |5/27/21 Location Den, CO | EDD 8/26 - 9/14 | VIN No | EDD keep changing and it's really frustrating..! While I ordered the EDD 3 to 11 weeks and Now it's almost 12 weeks completed.

Worst order processing from Tesla. Useless customer case and SA.

Reactions: tokyovja