Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the day has come that I start looking at other vehicles. This is just unacceptable by Tesla. As you can see by my signature I have a right to be upset at this point. Sold second car beginning of July so down to one vehicle.
Tesla told me they can not match a cancelled order to my vehicle or I will have to pay the new price of 539xx instead of my 50,9xx. Unacceptable. I have read in this thread of their service advisor being able to do it for them. Seeing people with much later order dates and profile completion dates get their vehicles from the same service center is upsetting.
Back in June I scheduled a vacation around the model Y in October. was assured I would have my vehicle by then. Now they dont know and my EDD is LATE October.
I hate karens but at this point I may have to ask for the manager to get a real answer.
Any advice?
looking at a suv hybrid or something along those lines. Or how would you handle this situation?
I once read a reddit post or 2 from folks who ordered when it was a lot cheaper than now and placed delivery on hold and now Tesla won't match them to a VIN and the options are to either keep waiting in limbo or update the order to the new price. I wonder if that's what happening to you - they don't like that you'll be getting the updated features for the price of the previous features. Just a thought but that sucks either way.
Even with the tow, it shouldn't take this long.

Reactions: PatrickTM
We have the same order date but my EDD hasn't changed in over a week. Still holding at October 22 - November 11.
Lucky, hope it stays that way for you, still hoping my dates come back in while I surf the inventory for anything I'd be willing to take. Not looking to grab a demo vehicle, as I'd rather getter a newer one with biodefense.

My EDD for an 8/19 OD are holding steady at 11/30 - 12/20. I am hoping those hold, but with seeing others EDDs pushed I would not be surprised if I got pushed to 01/2022. Hoping not, but wouldn't be surprised.
Agreed. It does not seem like there is any meaning to the EDD's till you get @ 30 days closer. It looks like that's when the car gets scheduled for production and can give a definitive EDD... Again people are seeing EDD changes when they are within 30 days so EDD at this point is pretty much useless.

Please don't take this the wrong way but after holding solid for 3 weeks with a Nov delivery my account just updated today and to my surprise I have a VIN5YJYGAEE2MF248*** and a delivery scheduled for 8/25 - 8/28. I don't want to sound ungrateful because I know people have been waiting for months for their vehicles. I am totally not prepared for the new delivery yet as I was going to pay off my old vehicle next month so I could sell it and put a down payment on the new vehicle. Also I have no financing lined up yet. How did I get a VIN so soon? How far out can I push my actual delivery date? If I refuse delivery do I go back to the end of the line for a new delivery date?
Congratulations! I have the exact same specs except mine includes a tow hitch and I am about 3 weeks later than you with my order. I am holding at an EDD of Nov 30-Dec 20.

Reactions: Sarugby9000
Yeah its pretty frustrating he(SA) just tried to tell me everyones order is pushed back about two months. I said dude, people who ordered after me and have a profile completion after me have a much closer EDD. He said well you canceled your trade July 20th. I said yeah and? you guys offered 15k meanwhile the local honda dealer offered 17.8.
I was specifically told that cancelling the trade dues not impact delivery. Since customer service is pretty much an afterthought at Tesla, there’s no consequence to them misrepresenting or making stuff up. If the sales people who work fir me lie, I’ll fire them. Muthafarkers.

Please don't take this the wrong way but after holding solid for 3 weeks with a Nov delivery my account just updated today and to my surprise I have a VIN5YJYGAEE2MF248*** and a delivery scheduled for 8/25 - 8/28. I don't want to sound ungrateful because I know people have been waiting for months for their vehicles. I am totally not prepared for the new delivery yet as I was going to pay off my old vehicle next month so I could sell it and put a down payment on the new vehicle. Also I have no financing lined up yet. How did I get a VIN so soon? How far out can I push my actual delivery date? If I refuse delivery do I go back to the end of the line for a new delivery date?
I’ve been sitting on a Nov 2-22 EDD for the last few weeks also (OD 5/8). What I wouldn’t give for a surprise 8/25-8/28 delivery date…Congrats!

I’ve been sitting on a Nov 2-22 EDD for the last few weeks also (OD 5/8). What I wouldn’t give for a surprise 8/25-8/28 delivery date…Congrats!
Great surprise but its going to be nuts over the next couple days. The latest delivery pick up I could get was 8/28. That means I have two days to get my financing sorted out, pay off the old car, get the title and try to sell it sooner rather than later. I have requested and extension to pick the car up next week but customer service person said they would have to get back to me on that.