Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was my first electric car and I don't have dedicated charging at home. You'll be just fine. There's more than enough charging stations all over the PNW. Supercharging is so fast it's unbelievable, and most superchargers have availability any time of day.

My biggest problem is not realizing that having like 50-60% of battery is entirely fine and that I don't need to charge the car every time I drive. Hopefully that gets easier with time.
I have a SR+ Model 3 and I charge it to 70% every night unless I know I am going somewhere where I will need more than that. But like Elon said - a plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla! So even if you only use a little bit, anytime it is home keep it plugged in and just keep your max set at whatever you need for the next day of driving. Piece of cake once you get the hang of it.

Just don't charge it to 100% unless you truly need it (which you almost never will since on a road trip you will get to another Supercharger long before your battery runs out).

My 7/19 order in NJ had been holding steady with an EDD of 10/22 - 11/11 since 1st week of August. Originally it was in mid-September. It just updated to 11/18 - 12/8. I'm really trying to not be bummed - it could change - etc. but this buying experience overall has been less than ideal wildly shifting delivery dates aside.

Reactions: TESRP
I cannot take it because I dont need one now till the end of the year/ early next year. Delta variant has pushed it back.... I ordered in May and dont know if they will delay it till then. Should I call again? I have already moved it twice ( once without the vin assigned) and once after the vin was assigned
Many people have mentioned in the last few months that early orders, such as those placed in May, are getting intentionally delayed because Tesla would rather deliver the more expensive orders and generate more revenue. Apparently that isn’t the case in your situation. Did you place order on hold after completing profile, or before?

Even though you’ve already pushed back delivery twice, I don’t see why they won’t push it back even more. There’s literally a thousand other people ready to take your car, and will end up paying more for it too, probably, due to their later order date. So I don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t as your SA or DS. Your order is also before the “take delivery within 90 days“ clause written into more recent order agreements, which cannot even be enforced right now due to demand/shortages. When talking to your SA or DS, just make sure you have a legit reason for the delay so they can’t say that you’re not buying to take delivery “in good faith”.

Reactions: RAJP
Many people have mentioned in the last few months that early orders, such as those placed in May, are getting intentionally delayed because Tesla would rather deliver the more expensive orders and generate more revenue. Apparently that isn’t the case in your situation. Did you place order on hold after completing profile, or before?

Even though you’ve already pushed back delivery twice, I don’t see why they won’t push it back even more. There’s literally a thousand other people ready to take your car, and will end up paying more for it too, probably, due to their later order date. So I don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t as your SA or DS. Your order is also before the “take delivery within 90 days“ clause written into more recent order agreements, which cannot even be enforced right now due to demand/shortages. When talking to your SA or DS, just make sure you have a legit reason for the delay so they can’t say that you’re not buying to take delivery “in good faith”.
Thanks for the reply, I just dont want to be in a spot where they automatically cancel my order to get me to order at the updated price which was just 2 k less. Not in the 48999 like some people got.

Hi. Day 86 waiting for a VIN. OD 5/31. MYLR MSM Black 5 std everything else. delivery in Mt Kisco NY. EDD 9/6 - 9/26. Totally non-responsive SAs so all I can do is wait. I also wrote to the delivery center and I didn’t get an answer to that email either. the delivery center about 40 mins away. I was thinking of doing a pop-in to see what I could learn. When I went to the gallery in Paramus, the boys on the floor were worthless and clueless. Ahhhh.…. What a difference a modicum of customer service would make.

How soon after receiving their VIN have people heard from Tesla or their SA about setting up a date/ time for delivery? I got my vin 5 days ago and my SA said around the end of the week so I'll be patient until friday but I know @CSTARZZ already has a date and time and we got our vins relatively closely so... how'd you get your delivery date if you have a vin?
So I got my VIN on the 18th and I finally got the scheduling text today. I know TX is weird because "everything has to be done before the car comes into the state" from what I've heard. First pick up date available 9/1.......... still have to wait another freaking week... c'mon guys... #JustComplaining

Seriously, I would take delivery now! We are going to be teaching on campus Fall semester and I really need a reliable ride. Hoping nervously my rusting fifteen year old Sienna won't die on me while I wait for the MYLR. I really don't want to drop $ on a car I am dying to get rid of.

Tell me this is not real?!? Is this guy really selling his referral code on Facebook for $45?!?! Oh, I guess his guidance through the Tesla purchase process is really what you are paying for….. wow, I’ve seen it all now folks! Lol

Attachments

• 489B32F0-E900-45A4-A8C0-97ACC2A7D098.png
    489B32F0-E900-45A4-A8C0-97ACC2A7D098.png
    442.1 KB · Views: 82
  • BF6EF7C4-1A02-4A72-897A-C122C5787856.png
    BF6EF7C4-1A02-4A72-897A-C122C5787856.png
    382.2 KB · Views: 51
I just refreshed my account on a whim and noticed that it no longer just said "Tesla Model Y" on my account. It said "2021 Tesla Model Y."

My heart stopped.

So I clicked "manage" and it loaded the Tesla Vision Disclosure. And I couldn't believe it. 2 months exactly today since I placed my order. A VIN on VINsday!!!!

Hoping everyone gets a VIN soon. Nobody should have to wait as long as a lot of you have.

Last edited:
Just received my VIN this afternoon. (8/25) Order Date was: 6/4 and profile completed same day. MYLR Blue ext White Int. 19" No Tow No FSD. VIN is 256XXX. Right before I received the VIN the EDD was holding steady for 5 days in a row at 9/2 - 9/16. Woke up this morning an it again stayed the same as 9/2 - 9/16. All of a sudden 4 hours later around noon I received the email that said please proceed with payment for your order with the blue button! Now the EDD shows 9/6 - 9/9. I spoke with the Tesla Advisor and he said it was built last night in Fremont California and will be loaded on a truck and be at the Schaumburg Illinois location within two weeks!!!