Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to have a VIN and a delivery date but boy Tesla can make things hard. Yesterday I drove to the closest delivery location (30 minutes away) and they gave me a delivery date of Spet 6th. I get home and log into my Acct and see my delivery location is 90 minutes away. Wtf.

My SA doesn’t return emails, never gave me his number and now I think I have to drive out there again to talk w a person…

I've been taking the advice of a few folks on here and not checking the EDD often. Decided to check in this morning, and... my EDD now states January (no date range) :/. I don't desperately need the car as it will be a second car, but we certainly need it by late October/early November when the weather gets cold as it will be a commuter car (not biking to work in the snow/slush!). Let's hope it continues to fluctuate (positively!). Anyone else see this type of push, especially in the Midwest/Chicago?
For reference: Ordered 7/27 in Chicago, profile completed 8/2. MYLR/MSM+black interior. Gemini wheels, 5 seats, Tow hitch, no FSD. EDD popped up showing December delivery initially, then October 17 - Nov 1 on 8/8, then changed to Nov 1 - Nov 19 on 8/14. As of 8/24, it now states "January".

I've been taking the advice of a few folks on here and not checking the EDD often. Decided to check in this morning, and... my EDD now states January (no date range) :/. I don't desperately need the car as it will be a second car, but we certainly need it by late October/early November when the weather gets cold as it will be a commuter car (not biking to work in the snow/slush!). Let's hope it continues to fluctuate (positively!). Anyone else see this type of push, especially in the Midwest/Chicago?
For reference: Ordered 7/27 in Chicago, profile completed 8/2. MYLR/MSM+black interior. Gemini wheels, 5 seats, Tow hitch, no FSD. EDD popped up showing December delivery initially, then October 17 - Nov 1 on 8/8, then changed to Nov 1 - Nov 19 on 8/14. As of 8/24, it now states "January".
Update your signature with your order/edd details... You now have 6 posts!

My EDD changed from November 3-December 20 to January yesterday

Can't speak for how long it will be to take delivery for an august order, but I am in the Chicago suburbs and picking up at highland park on the 3rd. From order/ profile completion it will have taken me 12 weeks, 6 days if my delivery date of sept 3rd holds.

When I placed my order the delivery timeline on the website was 9-11 weeks, so at a minimum from your profile completion date, I wouldn't expect it any sooner than 11/2 but that's assuming the demand/ logistics/ supply chain that tesla dealt with during my order time, which could be much different for your timeline. I would be cautious about expecting in November.

Also, as somebody who's gone through all the wild EDD swings, I would expect delivery on the late end of when tesla estimated your delivery at order placement. Otherwise, get distill to start monitoring inventory.

Last edited:
Generic month EDDs without a range seem to be placeholders. Otherwise there does not seem to be a clear logic to EDDs. Mine recently changed to the November for a 6/8 order. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: dfiz1
Can't speak for how long it will be to take delivery for an august order, but I am in the Chicago suburbs and picking up at highland park on the 3rd. From order/ profile completion it will have taken me 12 weeks, 6 days if my delivery date of sept 3rd holds.

When I placed my order the delivery timeline on the website was 9-11 weeks, so at a minimum from your profile completion date, I wouldn't expect it any sooner than 11/2 but that's assuming the demand/ logistics/ supply chain that tesla dealt with during my order time, which could be much different for your timeline. I would be cautious about expecting in November.

Also, as somebody who's gone through all the wild EDD swings, I would expect delivery on the late end of when tesla estimated your delivery at order placement. Otherwise, get distill to start monitoring inventory.
All fair thoughts. Let's see what happens! I'm glad we're not in a position where we need the car; I empathize with those that have a much more concrete need and are in the same boat of swinging EDDs.

I'm in St. Louis, and I ordered 06/23, (LR white with inductuction wheels). Mine initially said October 27, now it got bumped up to January I think its the same for most people who ordered in the midwest. Since the EDD says just "January" and not an actual number date, it should go back to a closer date in a couple days. Well at least i hope...