Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
rented a mach-e from Turo about a month ago before placing my order for a MY. when i tested the car there was nothing wrong with it overall but it just didn't excite me more than the look.. and I also thought about dealing with markups and the back and forth of the dealer and the day I returned the Turo rental i ordered my Tesla LOL

We drove the MYLR to the Ford dealer during our overnight test drive. Got a chance for a true head to head on both the cars and the customer experience. The Ford dealer gave us about 10 minutes on a prescribed route with the salesperson in the car (and we had an appointment). It was clear that Ford doesn’t yet know how to sell these, and the salesperson even remarked that he wasn’t sure the service people were ready to fix ‘em if anything went wrong (had a similar experience trying out the XC40 Recharge, btw).

The SC network, technical maturity, and purchase experience is no match. We got lucky on timing, but we were ready to wait for the long haul after these experiences.

Last edited:
Well, we succumbed and changed our order. Not only because of the wait time, but because deep down I’m a power hungry animal and I wanted the MYP all along; but also the wait time and our 2021 Bolt has been neutered by GM’s recall and is basically useless now.

MYP here we come!
You may get a VIN pretty quick, I have this exact same configuration and I received my VIN this week. So Tesla is pumping out this configuration right now.

Was busy at work all day and didn't notice that I'd joined the January club. It's probably because I wasn't feverisly refreshing this thread. Maybe if I keep refreshing this page and my order status page the Tesla gods will be pleased and reward me for good behavior... I can't tell if I'm being sarcastic right now or if there is some small part of me that actually believes that.

• Funny
Reactions: collaGOunltd
So today I was going through the drive-thru and noticed that my wheels made a weird crunchy plastic noise. It turns out that the aero covers can be a little noisy. So I will be trying the following fix this weekend. Posting the link for anyone else who order 19” wheels and doesn’t want to sound like crunching plastic in the drive-thru 😂