Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the Tesla main number today just to figure out what was going on with the sudden swing from September to November EDD.

Ended up speaking to a kind enough young lady who explained the whole situation in what seemed to me the most honest way ive heard.

the factory makes estimate forecasts on the number of each T/M/S (Type/Model/Series for the non-military types, variations of a type of vehicle) that the factory can produce in a given time period based on material available, labor, etc. the factory says, for example “I can produce X# MYLR MSM, 20in, 7 seat with tow between 1 Sept - 15 Sept”. This estimate based on factory estimated output is updated daily.

The system uses the forecast of T/M/S vehicles produced combined with the individuals place in the queue with that T/M/S to determine the rough EDD.

As time progresses the factory forecasts update and estimates of T/M/S expected to be produced in a given time period based on available materials inform a rough EDD to the customer.

As time progresses, with # T/M/S produced, the system organizes them into batches that can be binned into shipments to a geographic location. All of this occuring before the vehicle is constructed and a VIN is assigned.

Once the vehicle is constructed, a VIN is assigned, its already aligned to a DC with transpo already ordered and staged.

This is just a hypothesis based on the conversation I had with the Tesla lady today, but i would be interested in thoughts. At the end of the day, she said I will not be getting a car this quarter based on what the factory thinks it can produce before EoQ. According to her, I will be lucky to get a car in November.

all that aside, most of this is me trying to distract myself from whats going on in Kabul. If you get a spare moment, please consider thinking about the families of the Marines and sailors with the 24 MEU and 2/1 as well as the Afghans trying to seek a future of their choosing.

sorry for being a debbie downer, i just couldnt not ask for thoughts and prayers for those willing to give them.

Last edited:
I called the Tesla main number today just to figure out what was going on with the sudden swing from September to November EDD.

Ended up speaking to a kind enough young lady who explained the whole situation in what seemed to me the most honest way ive heard.

the factory makes estimates on the number of each T/M/S (Type/Model/Series for the non-military types, variations of a type of vehicle) that the factory can produce in a given time period based on material available, labor, etc. the factory says, for example “I can produce X# MYLR MSM, 20in, 7 seat with tow between 1 Sept - 15 Sept”. This estimate based on factory estimated output is updated daily.

The system uses that number of T/M/S vehicles produced combined with the individuals place in the queue with that T/M/S to determine the rough EDD.

As time progresses the factory updates its estimate of T/M/S produced based on available materials resulting in EDD changes.

As time progresses, with # T/M/S produced, the system organizes them into batches that can be binned into shipments to a geographic location. All of this occuring before the vehicle is constructed and a VIN is assigned.

Once the vehicle is constructed, a VIN is assigned, its already aligned to a DC with transpo already ordered and staged.

This is just a hypothesis based on the conversation I had with the Tesla lady today, but i would be interested in thoughts. At the end of the day, she said I will not be getting a car this quarter based on what the factory thinks it can produce before EoQ. According to her, I will be lucky to get a car in November.

all that aside, most of this is me trying to distract myself from whats going on in Kabul. If you get a spare moment, please consider thinking about the families of the Marines and sailors with the 24 MEU and 2/1 as well as the Afghans trying to seek a future of their choosing.

sorry for being a debbie downer, i just couldnt not ask for thoughts and prayers for those willing to give them.
Appreciate the post 🙏🏻 and some great info regarding how EDD may be determined and reasons for all the fluctuations

Reactions: TESRP

the factory makes estimate forecasts on the number of each T/M/S (Type/Model/Series for the non-military types, variations of a type of vehicle) that the factory can produce in a given time period based on material available, labor, etc. the factory says, for example “I can produce X# MYLR MSM, 20in, 7 seat with tow between 1 Sept - 15 Sept”. This estimate based on factory estimated output is updated daily.

The system uses the forecast of T/M/S vehicles produced combined with the individuals place in the queue with that T/M/S to determine the rough EDD.

As time progresses the factory forecasts update and estimates of T/M/S expected to be produced in a given time period based on available materials inform a rough EDD to the customer.

That's pretty much a prefect summary of Materials Requirements Planning (MRP).

And yes, I agree with you about our soldiers and allies in Kabul. Sad situation. So many families affected.

Nah they just have the lowest rate. 1.49 if I’m not mistaken. Then you get an extra 0.25 off if EV loan. I haven’t looked at my account in awhile but I am using DCU just to get the match to give to Tesla. They will match it exactly if you show proof.
Could you explain what DCU is? I’ve seen it referenced a lot; I’m assuming it’s some kind of ultra low rate credit union?

Reactions: Samier_RN

Thank you for the information, very detailed write up! Seems kinda unreasonable that your June order wouldn't be delivered this quarter. November is definitely pushing it.

Went to the Service center yesterday. I was told I should get a VIN in 4 days and take delivery 10 days after.

Order date: 6/13, White/black, 20 inch, Tow, No FSD, Colorado
Estimated Vin Date: August 30th
Estimated Deliver Date: Sept 10th
EDD on Telsa website: Sept 3rd - Sept 19th

The funny thing is that I was told the same dates about 6 weeks ago when I went to the SC because the Website EDD jumped to August 2nd. Maybe it was just the EDD on the Tesla website showing random numbers and they are actually not that all over the place...

PICS or it didnt happen! ha

692EE17D-7C25-4032-B31B-A7B4D2A48AFF.jpeg

This information needs to be pinned or put in a FAQ

If this information is correct, wouldn't that mean that all those going from an MYLR to an MYP are actually moving folks in the MYLR queue forward?

Also agree that prayers for the families of servicemen and women killed in yesterday need to be offered.

FWIW I have the JuiceBox as well. I have a Nema 14-50 outlet and it just plugs right in. We use it to charge my wife’s M3LR. We used to use her model connector but then would forget to take it with us on long road trips. Decided to get something universal instead of the Tesla wall mount because who knows how long we will have the 3 and if I will ever get a Y. The JuiceBix works pretty well.
Glad the Juicebox is working well for you guys! Heard lots of good things about it.

Just want to plug the Tesla Wall Connector: it is also universal, works with all EVs, not just Tesla vehicles. Just need an adapter.