Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the call yesterday afternoon, around 5pm. MYP ready to deliver! Catch is they want to deliver Sunday, and I happen to be out of state until Sunday night. I asked if they could deliver Monday instead, and the response was 'they don't do deliveries on Mondays'. I asked when they could deliver next, and then was told if I can't receive on Sunday they would give the car to someone else, and I'd be up for a further 2 week wait (minimum).

After some back and forth they said they would allow me to pick up the car on Monday instead, but that is a 90 minute drive and I'm working that day. Anyone had something similar? Any day other than Sunday would be fine, but they wouldn't seem to budge.

Do I need to be present for the delivery? Will they just drop off if I've paid in full? Obviously wouldn't be able to inspect before accepting delivery so there's that too..
If it's home delivery from my experience in June they drop it off, take some pics and release it in their system and and uber away. I barely caught the delivery person as he was leaving to ask what I needed to do next. He said "log into your account and accept delivery and then you'll have access to the car and you have 48 hours and 100 miles to report defects, have a nice day" and left in his uber.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
Got the call yesterday afternoon, around 5pm. MYP ready to deliver! Catch is they want to deliver Sunday, and I happen to be out of state until Sunday night. I asked if they could deliver Monday instead, and the response was 'they don't do deliveries on Mondays'. I asked when they could deliver next, and then was told if I can't receive on Sunday they would give the car to someone else, and I'd be up for a further 2 week wait (minimum).

After some back and forth they said they would allow me to pick up the car on Monday instead, but that is a 90 minute drive and I'm working that day. Anyone had something similar? Any day other than Sunday would be fine, but they wouldn't seem to budge.

Do I need to be present for the delivery? Will they just drop off if I've paid in full? Obviously wouldn't be able to inspect before accepting delivery so there's that too..
I had at home delivery. I didn’t have to be home. They just left it in the middle of the driveway and then I got an email from Tesla to accept delivery and a notification from my Tesla app. Documents were in the car that I had to sign with a fedex return envelope (MN requires paper still). You need to accept delivery to get inside. But I believe that is how it works at the SCs anyhow. I’m assuming if there was a paint defect or noticeable exterior defects you could reject the car.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
You know i have been wondering the same thing. I originally ordered 8/1, however I changed to a MYP on 8/17. I know making the change to P shortened my EDD down to about 5-7 weeks, but in the system am I in line with other MYP orders on 8/1 or 8/17? I assumed it was 8/17 so on the tracker page I changed my order date but now I wonder.
I believe yours is considered a new order entirely so your date would be the new order date.
I think editing the order also reset my order date. The order agreement now says 6/21 but when I call the office and tell them 5/29, they don’t correct me or say anything.

Ok. Thanks I thought that may be the case. I’m pretty new here, and mostly just read the posts for therapy… but everyone’s experiences here are so relatable. Don’t know anyone here but still feel that connection.
If you hang around here long enough, you really will feel like you’ve made friends. I enjoy the knowledge and wit on this board. Only downside, is all friends inevitably “graduate” when they get their cars and we don’t see them much on here after 😭

My husband does Facebook and is in a lot of the Tesla groups. He jokes me that he’s probably friends on there with my TMC friends 😂

Welcome. Please update your order details in your signature so it’d help us and yourself track.
@adiemac You need a couple more posts before you can add a signature. Feel free to post with anything to get those 6 magical posts, even like “post #3”, “post #4” etc will do the trick. Welcome to the crew!

Reactions: PatrickTM