Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In hindsight yeah I’m sure many wish they had purchased with how little Tesla’s are depreciating. I am currently leasing my 2019 M3 and did so based off the advice of my accountant. I am self employed and the lease is 100% tax write off (from what I understand)

The no buyout clause is frustrating but I felt Tesla would advance a lot in 3 years and I’d want a new one anyways. You can actually buyout your lease if a 3rd party dealer is purchasing it (not sure why they have this policy). I am currently in the process of doing that & it’s pretty straightforward so far. My buyout is $31k, local dealer offered me $39k for it which I’m taking. So, I pocket the $8k difference, had a 100% lease expense write-off for 2 years, and also was given free supercharging for 2 years as an incentive when I bought. So, I don’t think it ended up being a “poor financial decision”

Putting that $8k into my MYLR (leasing) order and have the same lease payment as M3 I’m getting rid of. However, we are purchasing my wife’s MYLR we have on order as we plan on keeping that long term & I can’t write off two lease payments.

Some had mentioned paying ~$7k for PPF- couldn’t you just repaint the entire car for that amount? (Honest question I have no idea) Of course ppl can do whatever they’d like but personally I’d put that $ in TSLA and let it ride.
Wow! I love this! You did the math and it actually worked out great. I stand corrected and I can see that leasing through Tesla can turn out well for the customer when doing as a business write off. Kudos to you 👍

Just got my VIN 259XXX after 80 days! Checked my EDD and had the blue button. EDD before was 9/4-9/20, now it's 9/12-9/15.

Going to visit the store tomorrow morning to switch from cash to financing. Think the next two weeks will be easier than the past two! At least I know it's coming now!
This is going to be a looooooong 2 weeks for you. ;)

But seriously, CONGRATS!!

Reactions: TESRP and quality
7/28 Order Date for MYLR/Blue, had EDD range started in late October, then went to 11/5 to 11/25, and now showing generic estimate of “January”. Guess I can’t say I’m surprised after seeing the progression of pushed deliveries up thread, but still bummed.
I'm thinking that January means whenever Tesla gets Austin into full production. I hope January isn't a placeholder for February or March.

I have a confirmed delivery date of Sept. 8th. In Houston. Weird thing is last scan was in Mesquite, TX. so I assume it's headed to Dallas, Austin and San Antonio but that doesn't seem like a
1.5 weeks.
How do you get the location info? I have one being delivered in Austin on Tuesday so I’m curious to know where it is, but I don’t want to call them over it

Reactions: TESRP and RSherm25
How do you get the location info? I have one being delivered in Austin on Tuesday so I’m curious to know where it is, but I don’t want to call them over it
You can chat with someone and they should be able to give you info cuz you have a VIN. That’s what the rep I was chatting with told me. I wouldn’t know first hand because I DONT HAVE A FARKING VIN FOR MY MAY 31 ORDER.

**sorry for shouting**. I’ll see myself out.

Hey all! I was scheduled for pickup Monday night - had everything lined up. SC called me today........ Got excited thinking the car arrived early.. Car is delayed due to issues with the railroad. She set me tentative for Thursday 9/2, but told me to expect it to push out another week. It's like, they still get you after you've got the VIN and the delivery date. #TheStruggleIsReal

Since I won’t be getting my car this year and I’m only here for comic relief, I’ll share that I finally got my wall connector on order but accidentally sent it to my old house, and can’t figure out how to change it. So now I get to watch the tracking like a hawk and run over there to pick it up.. thankfully they haven’t moved in yet but still. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: TESRP and BitJam
Picked up this beauty yesterday!!

Attachments

• myp.jpg
    myp.jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 65
Are you thinking of the Mach-E GT? The E-tron is from Audi and it is a beautiful car and you get all the luxuries of a German car coupled with the service you’d expect from a premium dealer. However, I just couldn’t wrap my brain around having to stop twice to charge to make it from my home to Denver or Salt Lake.
No, this guy:

Shares a lot of parts with the Taycan apparently. Not a bad well to borrow from, but at that price the S makes a lot more sense imo. At least to someone less frugal than myself :D

Reactions: TESRP
7/28 Order Date for MYLR/Blue, had EDD range started in late October, then went to 11/5 to 11/25, and now showing generic estimate of “January”. Guess I can’t say I’m surprised after seeing the progression of pushed deliveries up thread, but still bummed.
Same thing just happened to me. EDD has held steady at 10/11-31 for weeks, now all of a sudden says January. From what I’ve gathered, a change from a specific date to a generic month means a VIN is imminent, but I haven’t seen that said for something as far out as January. Anyone else seeing this change?

FWIW, I also have a blue LR ordered in July.

Reactions: TESRP and BitJam