Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who have called other stores/chatted/tried other ways of contacting Tesla and skipping your SA, what have you been saying? Like what reason would you give for contacting a different store/person asking for an update? I probably won't do so yet cause it's just Oktoberfest, but my SA has been busy and the Model Ys are probably a pain to deal with right now. Might give it a week or two before trying to get more updates.

Quick update for anyone waiting on a 7 seat MYLR, in the Phoenix AZ area, I received a vin xx258xxx.

Order date: 5/26
EDD today moved and now shows Aug 31st - Sept 10th.
- For a while, my EDD was Aug 27th - Sept 08th.

No text, no call and no email from anyone at Tesla. Only noticed because I logged in to my Tesla account.

I hope others waiting on similar MYs in the area and/or 7 seat config will also see a magical VIN appear.

Quick update for anyone waiting on a 7 seat MYLR, in the Phoenix AZ area, I received a vin xx258xxx.

Order date: 5/26
EDD today moved and now shows Aug 31st - Sept 10th.
- For a while, my EDD was Aug 27th - Sept 08th.

No text, no call and no email from anyone at Tesla. Only noticed because I logged in to my Tesla account.

I hope others waiting on similar MYs in the area and/or 7 seat config will also see a magical VIN appear.
Seems mores updates are happening online.

EDD just moved (as of 2 minutes ago) now to Aug 29th - Sept 3rd. Exciting times!

Hoping others are getting news EDDs and VINs.

Must have indicated on the Tesla trade in request that I did not have a loan on my trade in. I'm now being presented with a request to upload the vehicle title, which obviously the bank holds. Anyone know who to contact to get this quickly switched? I already emailed my SA, who while very responsive, I'm sure is inundated with requests.

EDIT: Also, anyone have experience with Vroom? Not sure I like the idea of them taking my vehicle and then FedEx'ing me a check 2 days later. They offered $5200 more than Tesla did, however.
If you use Vroom beware. You need to stay on top of everything with them. Try Carvana to see if they will get close to Vroom. We used Vroom and I won't again, it was too much hassle, and I did not like them having my car and making me wait on a check. Then they sent the wrong amount, more than, to the bank but that will be ok because the banks going to mail a check for the difference.

For those of you who have called other stores/chatted/tried other ways of contacting Tesla and skipping your SA, what have you been saying? Like what reason would you give for contacting a different store/person asking for an update? I probably won't do so yet cause it's just Oktoberfest, but my SA has been busy and the Model Ys are probably a pain to deal with right now. Might give it a week or two before trying to get more updates.

@Where's my car, have you not tried contacting Tesla? Do you think I shouldn't? Or am I not right to try and contact them in a week or so. Don't understand the "disagree" to be honest. I haven't spammed them, haven't contacted them at all. I know there are people in this thread who have called multiple, multiple stores, phone numbers (prior to getting VINs).

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
I tried to keep positive with all the VINs coming. Thought last week would be my week too. But Friday at 8pm my trade info expired and I immediately resubmitted it. Got it approved again mid Saturday but pre-trade expiration I sat on a EDD between Sept 9-Sept 29. When the trade was accepted again (cause you can't see EDD until that clears,) post-trade renewal showed "October" on my account. Feeling a bit crushed. Also sucks that Tesla never notified me the offer expired and I found out on my 20th account login praying for the blue button.

I'm hoping October is a fluke EDD and I get a more fixed timeframe again. My car inspection runs out in September and Id prefer not to waste money on delays. I'm hoping Sunday I see what I saw before the account shock again.

Reactions: TESRP
Not good, folks, not good. My Sept 15-30 EDD that was locked for about a week just got into October 3.0. Even after my SA confirmed my car will be built in the 3rd week of September. I have no idea what the hell is going on. I switched to financing and started shopping for quotes before the weekend but that should not have affected the EDD, right? It changed today and I switched the payment method on Friday.

I could use a hug.
I’m in about the same boat as you. Went from Sept 21 - 30 to just October, today. OD is 6/27.

Reactions: ZeeMike and TESRP
Just got my VIN 259XXX after 80 days! Checked my EDD and had the blue button. EDD before was 9/4-9/20, now it's 9/12-9/15.

Going to visit the store tomorrow morning to switch from cash to financing. Think the next two weeks will be easier than the past two! At least I know it's coming now!
Congratulations, you can call the 1 888 number to switch to financing, they were super helpful. My local Tesla store or SA never reached out, so I took matter on my own hand did everything.

Reactions: DZMY and PatrickTM
In case your question has not been answered. (I have not reached the end of the posts yet). I was quoted $2,150 for the following in Atlanta:

The Full Front + Lower Sides PPF package includes PPF coverage for the panels where rock chips and other damage is most likely to occur:

Full Front
- Front Bumper
- Full Hood
- Full Fenders
- Headlamps
- Mirror Caps
- Door Cups/Handles
- Partial A-Pillars

Lower Sides
- Lower Doors
- Rocker Panels
- Rear-Wheel Impact Area
Thank you. I was quoted about the same for such package.

@Where's my car, have you not tried contacting Tesla? Do you think I shouldn't? Or am I not right to try and contact them in a week or so. Don't understand the "disagree" to be honest. I haven't spammed them, haven't contacted them at all. I know there are people in this thread who have called multiple, multiple stores, phone numbers (prior to getting VINs).
You can contact your SA or call 1 888 number, most likely they will tell you same EDD that is already in your account. I contacted both and they never told me what I already knew. Based on your order date and location you might get it by EoQ push. Good luck.

I tried to keep positive with all the VINs coming. Thought last week would be my week too. But Friday at 8pm my trade info expired and I immediately resubmitted it. Got it approved again mid Saturday but pre-trade expiration I sat on a EDD between Sept 9-Sept 29. When the trade was accepted again (cause you can't see EDD until that clears,) post-trade renewal showed "October" on my account. Feeling a bit crushed. Also sucks that Tesla never notified me the offer expired and I found out on my 20th account login praying for the blue button.

I'm hoping October is a fluke EDD and I get a more fixed timeframe again. My car inspection runs out in September and Id prefer not to waste money on delays. I'm hoping Sunday I see what I saw before the account shock again.
You can see EDD with pending trade in. There should be a link labeled ‘Your Car’ in the top right. Clicking that will show you EDD.
Everyone without a vin got was placed in a generic month bucket yesterday. I guess while they shift to eoq production.

I know that the general advice is to switch to financing with VIN in hand. For some reason I listened to my SA (who is a nice guy to work with after all) who advised to start the process now and even implied that Tesla favors those who have finance quote in place. I really doubt it is true and I probably bit the bullet a bit here and it is Tesla so he might be entirely wrong - we shall see...
Yeah, this thing about the financing is crap. When I first ordered I was told not to do financing until I had a vin. After my estimated delivery date started moving all over the place, I was told oh it’s because you haven’t finished your profile. A lot of good that did me.

Reactions: TheDarkKnight$

Mine did the same. Went from 9/8 -9/28 to October. Hopefully this is a placeholder with VIN coming soon.

Yeah, this thing about the financing is crap. When I first ordered I was told not to do financing until I had a vin. After my estimated delivery date started moving all over the place, I was told oh it’s because you haven’t finished your profile. A lot of good that did me.

Rule of thumb, set it to a cash payment until the VIN hits. Then have it switched to financing. Seems to be standard for ordering a Tesla. They should make it so financing isnt even possible until a VIN hits anyways.

Well folks, I visited the brand new Knoxville, Tennessee service center/showroom this morning. They were putting the Tesla sign up on the front of the building when I pulled up. It's a pretty nice space, they have a model 3 and Y in their showroom and a couple of high-top desk areas for customers to place orders. They had 4 Model Y Demo vehicles out front, 3 LR and one P model. Along with a LRM3 and a few other models. My kiddos got to geek out in the showroom MYLR and I got to meet my SA, who answered all my questions. Great customer service so far! Side note, they had a sh*t ton of Tesla’s on their lot ready for delivery, which is a good sign. I'll do a quick video and post it to my Youtube for anyone interested.

I can see the kids loving that Model Y! So cool. Thanks for sharing!

VIN day!!! Was in the October jail for 3 days then VIN assigned today. Sept 7-13 EDD. Original EDD was Sept 1-15. Then bounced around a lot. Latest was Oct 6-26. Then this week generic October. So almost exactly what the original date was at Order.
ODD 7/9
MYLR, White , Black Int, no tow, no FSD, all stock.
I knew it. I hope I get my vin soon too. I'm in the October category.