Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who have called other stores/chatted/tried other ways of contacting Tesla and skipping your SA, what have you been saying? Like what reason would you give for contacting a different store/person asking for an update? I probably won't do so yet cause it's just Oktoberfest, but my SA has been busy and the Model Ys are probably a pain to deal with right now. Might give it a week or two before trying to get more updates.
I've only called/chatted with Tesla twice which surprises me. I am notoriously impatient as my husband can attest to (he had to implement an pre-Christmas gift tradition so I would stop bugging him about my Christmas gift 😂)

I first called the Carlsbad location, I just asked for a better estimation and told them I was just a little concerned that the dates keep moving. Told them that for now, I am good but by December I will really, really need the car. I was told that based on what he is seeing on his end and past experience, I will likely get delivery at the end of September. That I should take the EDD dates w/ a grain of salt and that unfortunately Tesla doesn't have a better way of gauging the timeline like a completion percentage bar.

A few days later, I then used the chat feature because I just wanted to verify that I did indeed complete my order profile/task on 6/20 like I remembered. The chat person couldn't answer that and had someone contact me. A person texted me back (area code 510) and answered my question. I did complete my profile on 6/20 per their records and he also repeated that based on that I should be getting my car at the end of September despite it saying October on my page.

I know both were smart enough to use the words "likely" and "should" to cover their behinds but at least they're consistent with each other...unless it's like a script they get. "If customer calls and their order date is within this range, tell them this date" 😂

Blue, Red and White (7 seater) one each dropped just now

Reactions: loggedout
I've only called/chatted with Tesla twice which surprises me. I am notoriously impatient as my husband can attest to (he had to implement an pre-Christmas gift tradition so I would stop bugging him about my Christmas gift 😂)

I first called the Carlsbad location, I just asked for a better estimation and told them I was just a little concerned that the dates keep moving. Told them that for now, I am good but by December I will really, really need the car. I was told that based on what he is seeing on his end and past experience, I will likely get delivery at the end of September. That I should take the EDD dates w/ a grain of salt and that unfortunately Tesla doesn't have a better way of gauging the timeline like a completion percentage bar.

A few days later, I then used the chat feature because I just wanted to verify that I did indeed complete my order profile/task on 6/20 like I remembered. The chat person couldn't answer that and had someone contact me. A person texted me back (area code 510) and answered my question. I did complete my profile on 6/20 per their records and he also repeated that based on that I should be getting my car at the end of September despite it saying October on my page.

I know both were smart enough to use the words "likely" and "should" to cover their behinds but at least they're consistent with each other...unless it's like a script they get. "If customer calls and their order date is within this range, tell them this date" 😂
That’s good to know, since I ordered a week behind you and will pick up at Carlsbad, too.

Reactions: DDubbsEV
I'm curious on everyone's thoughts about initial Austin production. This is a custom built factory incorporsting lessons learned from Fremont and now Shanghai but it's likely very similar to Shanghai down to the equipment and tooling. So they should be able to "copy/paste" tooling settings over the Austin equipment from their successful MIC MY production lines and use the preproduction time to tweak for individual machine variations.

Because of that, I'm thinking the concerns about initial build quality out of Austin may not be as big of an issue, especially since they're likely starting with 2170 batteries and the front casting is probably the only major change.

So yeah, it's a new unknown, but I dunno that I'm really worried about it.
From what I have been reading, Giga Austin and Berlin will deliver a better built MY than Fremont. Higher precision casting and improved assembly procedures (robotics) will be pushing build quality to much finer tolerances. I have been following the Austin plant construction and they are already producing test castings and apparently the folks flying the drones down there have recorded evidence of actual test MYs coming off the assembly line but are not allowed to post pics yet. I think the Austin MYs will be a solid vehicle coming off the line on day one, so much so I have decided to hold my order until later this year. My issue is I live in SoCal and rumor has it orders from around this area will probably continue to be filled from Fremont for some time after Austin goes into full production.

So I ordered a MYLR5 on 6/19. I set up financing through Tesla at the time and I have changed nothing since the day I ordered. Last week checked with my bank (BoA) and got a better interest rate (2.19%). The bank just needs a MVPA in the next three weeks or so. I’ve not seen any changes on my account concerning the next steps or completed tasks. Is it foolish to just sit back and wait for a VIN or should I be more aggressive and start asking questions about my status on their end? I’d like to wait it out for a VIN assignment and then make arrangements concerning the BoA loan for the car. Any suggestions? Currently, my EDD is 9/11-9/25 and hasn’t moved for almost two and a half weeks. I’m almost afraid to contact my SA for fear of getting bad advice.

Reactions: TESRP
@Where's my car, have you not tried contacting Tesla? Do you think I shouldn't? Or am I not right to try and contact them in a week or so. Don't understand the "disagree" to be honest. I haven't spammed them, haven't contacted them at all. I know there are people in this thread who have called multiple, multiple stores, phone numbers (prior to getting VINs).

Yes, I have contacted both the SC where I placed my order and customer service. Neither have been helpful and I’ve tried to contact other locations for any useful information but have been unsuccessful because I cannot get Tesla to answer the damn phone! If I were to get ahold of another SC I would investigate what information they have regarding my order and solicit information that may benefit me. Then, I would voice my dissatisfaction for this avoidable delay! Regardless of supply shortages there are several problems causing this problem including changing the distribution schedule. Also, sounds like they coordinate shipping vehicles to destinations before verifying if the buyer can take delivery contributing to the BS!

Tesla seems to be utilizing an automated shipping system for prioritization of orders and when they tweaked it prioritizing the model P it affected everyone, some more than others. According to me MY order is extremely late, by 10+ weeks. Poor communication from the start put the order behind by 6 weeks. Now another 4 weeks since profile completion and no communication provided makes me more than frustrated and down right angry! Terrible customer service, lies and no communication is unacceptable and could have been completely avoided reducing my disappointment. I am extremely unsatisfied and I want all interests in Tesla notified! Tesla’s absence of decency for treating customers with respect often leads to a company’s demise.

Reactions: PatrickTM