Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD is July 20 and EDD just shows as “October”. I am hoping that more of our strong younger extreme speed loving friends migrate over to MYP 😂 so inventory opens up more for older folks like me 😉 Just a joke friends. I do have a feeling though that few may indeed by switching over to MYP because of extreme backlog in MYLR? I was told chip shortage isn’t the issue for Tesla. Is that true?
I ordered two months before you and still "October.' I don't think there is any method at all to this madness.

Anyone have thoughts on Tesla's new foray into energy generation in Texas? I suppose it makes sense, but I get lost a little in the actual business model. I know they are building a megapack plant near Houston, but will they actually be "generating" energy or just storing it? Assumedly they are also not getting into distribution (which is separate from generation here in NJ, maybe it's different in Texas).

I've also been reading they are considering going to market with home HVAC. Makes a lot of sense with the investment they've made in a super simplified and efficient heatpump for the car, and maybe it could be useful in the Euro-style room-by-room heat pump application. Honestly it's way more efficient than our American whole house heating/cooling with ducts, so could also fit into their eco-friendly branding.

I think both are positive as any new revenue generation helps the stock!

Awesome! Congrats!

How did the auto-wipers + AP work in the rain? Did the wipers think it needed to blitzkrieg your windshield or was it a more or less "normal" wiper speed?
Umm the auto wipers might need a bit of work... they were, lets say, excited to be in service. lmao 🤣
they calmed down a bit once the neural net realized we didn't want blitzkrieg mode.

Still generic October here...

You know, being in the Boston region, I also don't foresee RWD as a deal breaker either. ... RWD Model Y even has rear weight bias, so that should actually work out perfectly.

I think AWD is oversold and over-marketed. It's always marketed for snowy weather, but it only helps you accelerate, and does not help you brake or corner, which is far more important from an accident prevention/safety standpoint. That's where winter tires come in. The only use case for AWD I can see is going up steep, unplowed mountain roads, or if you have a rural, private, and unmaintained driveway on a steep hill. All this to say: RWD Model Y SR should be a fantastic car, if it comes back our way as a MIC variant.
WHO ARE YOU and how did you capture/copy/recite verbatim the argument for RWD Tesla that I have been saying for like 8 winters?! 🤣 Seriously. Bravo.
I have said this exact thing a million times and will continue to do so - I have done 11 (11!) combined winters with a RWD Tesla and have never wished I had AWD. Plus, as you said, it's a fallacy that's it's safer because is has nothing to do with stopping.
Home getting her juiced up. Got her with 208 miles, now down to 160 after the drive from Tysons corner. Surreal to finally be done with the wait
So many congratulations! Would it be inappropriate to tell you that you, that little lady, and that vehicle are all gorgeous?!
My only slight concern is that it now shows that I owe $3200 at delivery because the tax savings credit is not included. I'm sure it is just a matter of the website not reflecting what my particular state sales contract would be.
This confuses me a bunch too. I can't recall how it worked out the previous two times but it did - I had a trade in for each.