Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know if I need to upload a copy of my insurance before the agreement button is made available to me or will that become available within a couple of days before delivery?
I uploaded the one for my husband’s truck, just to complete that step. Once we have a VIN, we’ll have our agent add the MY to our policy and then just update it on the Tesla profile

My EDD just keeps moving the wrong direction. When I ordered it was late Aug to early Sept, slipped to late Sept a couple weeks later, then went to generic October, then disappeared, then Oct again, and then for the past 2 weeks or so has been showing 10/12-11/2. That's already 2 months worth of slippage, not the end of the world, but not an ideal way to satisfy a new customer laying out over $50K. Today my EDD went to 11/3-11/23, another 3 weeks delay. Now I'm pissed off. Ordering just after Memorial Day, told to expect a car by Labor Day, but not getting it until Thanksgiving? Give me a break. Hoping this is just more online shenanigans, because my patience is wearing thin, especially when I see a lot of people who ordered after I did, who don't live that far away, getting VINs and delivery dates in September.
What delivery center are you using? You have white interior, I have black interior and the tow package, but otherwise our orders are the same. There are two of us on here also with Colorado with EDDs in September and we’ve both been told a soft date of September 12th by the SAs. We’re both using the Littleton service center, so I’m expecting them to actually get a truck in mid-late September with our cars 🤞🏻

Generic October pushed to Nov 7-28. Maybe it’s better to cancel and wait for 2022 model Y with the new batteries?
That’s a big gamble. It might be Q1 or Q4 2022 before they show up. If the chip shortage doesn’t get resolved it might even be later. I’d like to wait, but with Tesla you will always be teased with the “next big thing”! I’m going to get mine ASAP and if needed I’ll sell it to upgrade. Time is money and the “2022” model won’t be this price.

My guess is they will announce a lower priced Standard Range with the MIC LFP battery and a ~280 mile range before the “2022” comes out. Based on how quickly they sold 180 M3 SR+ this weekend with the LFP battery I’d say the new MY SR will sell even faster. People gave up 10 miles of range, but got their car almost immediately. Impressive.

Tom

What delivery center are you using? You have white interior, I have black interior and the tow package, but otherwise our orders are the same. There are two of us on here also with Colorado with EDDs in September and we’ve both been told a soft date of September 12th by the SAs. We’re both using the Littleton service center, so I’m expecting them to actually get a truck in mid-late September with our cars 🤞🏻
Definitely would be Littleton, I'm a 30 minute drive from there. I don't recall specifying where to pick up the car, but my profile has my home address.

Congrats, if you ordered a P it's probably already waiting outside in your driveway.

Jealous joking aside, this often happens over weekends and at month and quarter ends.
I just checked, and it now back to showing: Estimated Delivery: September 09 - September 29. I am hoping it will be soon. I am trading in my 2018 Volvo XC90. The tabs expire on it today. Since I live in Washington State, we have a tax on our tabs that makes it expensive. Going to risk not renewing. I am sure a ticket for not having current tabs will be less than $600 :)

Does anybody know if I need to upload a copy of my insurance before the agreement button is made available to me or will that become available within a couple of days before delivery?
I asked (via chat) the rep and he said it’s not necessary until you have a VIN. Whatever you upload that doesn’t have the Tesla vin is not relevant to your car

I was debating on it, but most likely not. They will have less than 500 miles on them, Bluetooth sensors still in, etc., so Im thinking they would probably sell easily. Thoughts on it?
If I give in and switch to a P I'll be in the same boat. Just curious how easy they would be to sell and how much I could get for them. I see one sale completed for model 3 Uberturbines for $3500 but shipping rims sounds like a pain.

• Love
Reactions: JaeTheDev
My inventory order has been in process for 15 days now. In those 15 days the car has not left Texas yet. No end in sight and the SA can't contact anyone in Texas to tell him why the car wont move. It just says the car is on hold. I am worried the car is messed up and they are working on it.

Amazing crappy inventory experience at this point. 13 days, 2 updates from SA, both with very little information. When will the car move. No one seems to know if the car even exists. Yay. 100% chance my old order would have gotten a VIN before I get this car.

T
Dude, same config, ordered a day before me, same dates. Looks like Tesla will not be making any MSM MYLRs between now and late October.
My order is identical except 7 seat, OD 6/9 but due to glitch on Tesla system with my trade in update profile completion date got reset to 7/11.

I was told by a SA in person at a showroom on Friday from what they can see my car is estimated to be built end of Oct with delivery in early Nov.

My EDD was at 9/9 - 9/29 for weeks, then switched to Oct over the weekend and this evening now shows 9/15 - 9/30 which I do not believe at all. Brooklyn delivery.