Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**This is going to sound so cliché and hard to take when you're waiting and playing the EDD refresh game, but hear me out**

THIS CAR IS WORTH THE WAIT. I am so beyond impressed and kicking myself that I waited this long in my life to buy a Tesla.

For everyone playing the waiting game, don't give up hope.

the new car.jpg

Vader is complete. PPF, blacked out emblems, rotating screen, squared up the wheels and tires and tint. Couldn’t be happier!! worth the wait.

Attachments

• FF25C454-AFD7-4EA8-A00B-4A5DD9BF675C.jpeg
    FF25C454-AFD7-4EA8-A00B-4A5DD9BF675C.jpeg
    601.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 236E4AB1-98AA-470F-8FF0-5D8D33ABBB4A.jpeg
    236E4AB1-98AA-470F-8FF0-5D8D33ABBB4A.jpeg
    501.8 KB · Views: 65
  • A1903C68-7C90-4E9F-A18B-D372B7D511CE.jpeg
    A1903C68-7C90-4E9F-A18B-D372B7D511CE.jpeg
    541 KB · Views: 73
  • 890B9BDC-0CC0-451F-9FEF-B1C89FDFA7D6.jpeg
    890B9BDC-0CC0-451F-9FEF-B1C89FDFA7D6.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 73
  • FE4CD582-4A81-46FA-8DEE-E5B8B9770FA6.jpeg
    FE4CD582-4A81-46FA-8DEE-E5B8B9770FA6.jpeg
    614.9 KB · Views: 58
It did about 20 days back, Talked to my SA and he said he will reapply it once I got a VIN. I did talk with someone at TESLA's 1-800 number and he did something on his side and I got an email almost instantly looking to approve my financing terms but looked like I didn't have to do anything in the system to accept. I wasn't changing the terms and nothing financially changed for me.

the SA I talked to today said that having expired terms won't prevent a VIN assignment...
I had the same conversation with my SA.

Reactions: collaGOunltd
Completed order on 6/17. EDD was Sep 1 - Sep 20 for 3 weeks. Two days ago it changed to Aug 31 - Sep 14th.

I have not heard a peep from Tesla nor do I have a VIN.

Is this normal?

MYLR, white, 7 seater, no tow
Usually at this stage, VIN is assigned. Folks on the forum have found it helpful talking to an SA or visiting SC in person, you could try that.

Reactions: TESRP
Playing devil’s advocate - your order date is 7/23. There are west coast folks that ordered in May that still don’t have VINs. Not sure how a May or even June west coast order being fulfilled in September is stiffing anyone with a July order?
I agree...if during the entire quarter the West coast orders were basically put on hold to fulfill all the other orders elsewhere, how is it now stiffing those locations if the attention now goes back to fulfilling West coast orders. If anything, it seems that the West coast orders are the ones at a disadvantage because they have had to wait until EOQ to even have a chance at getting their order.

It did about 20 days back, Talked to my SA and he said he will reapply it once I got a VIN. I did talk with someone at TESLA's 1-800 number and he did something on his side and I got an email almost instantly looking to approve my financing terms but looked like I didn't have to do anything in the system to accept. I wasn't changing the terms and nothing financially changed for me.

the SA I talked to today said that having expired terms won't prevent a VIN assignment...
Thank you for the info

**This is going to sound so cliché and hard to take when you're waiting and playing the EDD refresh game, but hear me out**

THIS CAR IS WORTH THE WAIT. I am so beyond impressed and kicking myself that I waited this long in my life to buy a Tesla.

For everyone playing the waiting game, don't give up hope.

View attachment 703618
Hopefully I will be posting something similar by Friday 😂 .

I am also kicking myself for not ordering Tesla M3 when it was launched and instead leased another ICE. But can't wait to drive MY.

OK so went ahead and got the loan on the inventory. Got the pick up scheduled for 9/15. Still hanging onto my other order for the moment.

Question being, I don't have to submit the payment right now (the down payment that is), just prior to delivery, I'd like to verify that the car is on its way and my appointment is locked before I drop a whole lot of cash into Tesla's bank account.
I would advise waiting on making the down payment for your own sanity. I ordered an inventory MYP out of Cali on 8/19 with a soft pick-up date of 9/2 at the Charlotte, NC SC. When I was offered actual dates/times for scheduling the earliest offered was 9/4 so I scheduled for that morning and made my down payment immediately to finalize my order.

I was curious about the transit status last week so I called the 888 number and was told it wasn't scheduled to arrive until 9/6-9/9, despite no word from my SA and my scheduled pick up still set for 9/4. I called the 888 number again today and they told me that the delivery is postponed even further and that they were going to re-schedule my pick up for 9/12. I have still yet to hear anything at all from my SA and my down payment is in Tesla's bank account. Needless to say, I am annoyed, especially having shelled out $2k for transportation fees...

So anyways, rant over, but don't have any expectations for this delivery process either.

Reactions: BitJam and DaveGT
For some reason your "Who knows!" exclamation reminded me of something my daughter says all the time now: "who comes?!" She patiently waits for my response, which has to be trained because sometimes I'm like wtf is she talking about until I realize I'm supposed to say: "Slow Joe Crow comes!"

From Fox in Socks, the ultimate tongue twister. The things kids latch on to
Dr Seuss! Love him.

I would advise waiting on making the down payment for your own sanity. I ordered an inventory MYP out of Cali on 8/19 with a soft pick-up date of 9/2 at the Charlotte, NC SC. When I was offered actual dates/times for scheduling the earliest offered was 9/4 so I scheduled for that morning and made my down payment immediately to finalize my order.

I was curious about the transit status last week so I called the 888 number and was told it wasn't scheduled to arrive until 9/6-9/9, despite no word from my SA and my scheduled pick up still set for 9/4. I called the 888 number again today and they told me that the delivery is postponed even further and that they were going to re-schedule my pick up for 9/12. I have still yet to hear anything at all from my SA and my down payment is in Tesla's bank account. Needless to say, I am annoyed, especially having shelled out $2k for transportation fees...

So anyways, rant over, but don't have any expectations for this delivery process either.
No this is good information to have, I have the scheduled pickup for 9/15.