Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey hey, My MY
This long wait is gonna make me cry
There's more to the account page
Than meets the eye
Hey hey, My MY

Switched from the blue and back to the black
I paid for this, then I added that
For more than a month now, I've had floor mats
Now I'm thinking red, or just stick with black?

.... feel free to add on....
I'd pay to see this live

that's the only thing holding me back too. I'm thinking I switch just my car and the MY to progressive effective on the 13th and not my wife's ICE we're replacing and cancel Geico on the 13th. I don't know if I need to lock in that quote or not.
So talked to Geico and they said they can remove the current car (ICE) from my policy and until I get a new one it I would still have Continuous coverage with liability coverage.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Hey hey, My MY
This long wait is gonna make me cry
There's more to the account page
Than meets the eye
Hey hey, My MY

Switched from the blue and back to the black
I paid for this, then I added that
For more than a month now, I've had floor mats
Now I'm thinking red, or just stick with black?

.... feel free to add on....
I can't stop laughing.... I would love to take you up on your challenge however I am so intimidated by your work so far, no way. Hey hey, My My.... stuck in my head!

Yes, agree.

I think that whenever 4680 cells come out, and stuff a Model y full of those fat cells, that'd be like a 500 mile range Model Y. I don't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe 2025 when there's a massive amount of big-battery, long range EV competitors coming to market. In the next couple years, they'd most likely they'd use fewer 4680 cells, and maintain the 326 (EPA) mile range or thereabouts. That's my hope at least, I really don't want my LR order to be cancelled, and pony up for a LR+ (or whatever it ends up being called). I have no need for a 500 mile EV, and the current LR Model Y is already well above what I'm comfortable paying for a car.
The wild card in our favor is the mega-casts on the Model Y. These make the MY less expensive, faster to make, and higher quality. Those factors encourage a conversion to that build as soon as possible for Tesla. Batteries matter, but the new build can accommodate either 2170 or 4680 batteries according to Elon (we have a backup plan using 2170's).
So from a purely business perspective, 4680 batteries just guild the lily, making the MY even MORE profitable. But it's important to get all the margin possible, as soon as possible.
Note that both Fremont and Texas have a big inventory of FRONT as well as REAR castings.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM and chand
I was looking at Sunco Protective Films in Rancho back a couple of months ago when I thought my car was coming in a couple of weeks (LOL). They seemed reasonably priced. I would like to hear about others.

Edit: I found the quote from July! Geez, I didn't realize my MYLR was "almost here" for that long. My EDD back then was July 29-Aug 18. The actual delivery is only 2 more weeks from the "From" EDD date. So I guess the EDD range was fairly accurate.
Full Front $1595 That was the minimum coverage. Prices go up from there. Your mileage may vary.

I did actually requested quote from Sunco in Rancho back in end June (don’t remember how I found them), under the same delusion that my car would be delivered in next couple of weeks lol. I was quoted (Full Front Plus $2195, Total Protection $5495).

Did you end up getting the PPF?

Wow, I swear sometimes their customer service is totally reading off the "101 Generic Responses To Calm Down the Customer for Dummies" book.
Last time I was at my local Tesla Center, the SA was so frazzled all answers were just a generic "October". It's not eaasy to deal with all the frustration out there, mostly caused by online EDD inaccuracy. People want to believe their computer, but it's a False Idol. Garbage In, Garbage Out. Tesla algorithms FAIL.

Reactions: ajs847
I can't stop laughing.... I would love to take you up on your challenge however I am so intimidated by your work so far, no way. Hey hey, My My.... stuck in my head!
lol, you're welcome. Could've been worse, I could've gone with...

EDD, how can I explain it
I'll take you day by day it
Who's down with E.D.D?
Yeah you know me.

I decided to try progressive too and we're definitely switching. They are cheaper than my current rate with Geico even after adding the Tesla. Geico added about $400 to the 6 month premium with the tesla. Did I mention I even increased the coverage with progressive compared to what I currently have. If I match my coverage, Progressive comes out cheaper.
I guess Progressive really is progressive.
Try COSTCO SERVICES. They have been the least expensive I've found so far. I need to better compare apple-apple coverages, but walking in the door most Insurance Companies have been almost double Costco rates. They're essentially saying "we don't want Tesla cars".

Just had my finance application move to "inactive" so that the loan approval doesn't auto refresh when it expires September 12th. With an EDD of 10/25 - 11/14 no sense in taking another hit my credit report. Especially if I'm forced to consider a different vehicle.
Wait, do they auto refresh the loan application process without asking for our permission? I don’t even know when will the loan expires.

3 MYP 5 seaters dropped

So talked to Geico and they said they can remove the current car (ICE) from my policy and until I get a new one it I would still have Continuous coverage with liability coverage.
Hmm, I don't trust insurance companies like that. Some 15 years ago, they took over collision from my dad's insurance to "save him" money and the next week, the car was totaled when it rolled over after a tire blowout on the highway. They told him he wasn't covered and that was it, lol. Whenever I switch insurances, I make sure they overlap by at least 1 day just to be on the safe side.

Try COSTCO SERVICES. They have been the least expensive I've found so far. I need to better compare apple-apple coverages, but walking in the door most Insurance Companies have been almost double Costco rates. They're essentially saying "we don't want Tesla cars".
Just requested a quote and they came in higher than my current rate with Geico and much higher than Progressive by like $500. I'm in FL so insurance tends to be on the higher side. Lots of crazy drivers and slow drivers - the 2 is not a good mix, lol

Last edited:
+1 on Costco. Was with AAA for 30 years and got a ridiculous quote on my M3SR+. For the same (better actually) coverage was able to insure all 3 of my cars (Audi Q5 and VW Tiguan) for less than AAA was asking for just my Tesla. Ultimately was able to insure cars and house for less than AAA was asking for just my autos.
I’m in SoCal, so YMMV

Just had my finance application move to "inactive" so that the loan approval doesn't auto refresh when it expires September 12th. With an EDD of 10/25 - 11/14 no sense in taking another hit my credit report. Especially if I'm forced to consider a different vehicle.
Had this exact conversation with my husband this afternoon. Our Tesla financing expires on the 7th and he said he will let Tesla renew it one time, but if the car isn’t here in two more months, we’re buying something different.

I wonder if I should just take him up on his initial desire to get the P and be done with it 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

Yeah I'm about to switch, only thing I don't know is the gap between not having my ICE car vs when I pick up the Tesla. So need to contact Progressive about that before making any update
Our agent had us keep a bare minimum coverage policy on our Acadia (we sold it to Carvana in July) so we could maintain our multi-car discount. The policy costs us $6/month lol

Reactions: PatrickTM