Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep reading all about DCU. Are you telling me when you go to pay, you can talk to your SA about matching a rate you got elsewhere (like DCU) and they'll match it?
Once you get 3rd party terms (DCU or any other lender), you can send that loan information to [email protected]. They will tell you if your loan qualifies for that program. If it does, they will tell you to switch to internal financing (if it's not already set that way) and then they will match the rate (took 2 days to get it updated in the account).

• Love
Reactions: ClarkMeshey
Seems that way. Here is the response I received after my inquir.

“We have moved the application to inactive to make sure the loan does not auto refresh once expired. If you do decide you would like to refresh the application, feel free to reach out and we can update the application.”

My SA told when the loan approval expired.
Sorry the above should read "My SA told me when the loan approval was set to expire".

I'm growing less envious of those of you who have received your Model Y or at least a VIN (or better - a reasonable EDD given your OD). I may be compensating but, I feel as though taking a step back from this order to consider other EV options is a good thing. My wife has a Model 3 and while I like the car, it has its issues. I'm grateful that we did a lease because in three years time who knows what vehicles will be available or more importantly what improvements Tesla will have made to the vehicle.

Hope you guys are OK. My BIL is in Mullica Hill and in their small 20-house neighborhood there is a house that is leveled - FULLY leveled.....from a tornado......in NJ. That's besides all the houses with their roofs torn off and full sides missing where you can see mattresses hanging out from bedrooms and cars that were thrown around the street. They were super lucky everything was cosmetic or fences/trees, but this is crazy. Where we live (also in NJ) this is our 4th tornado watch over the past 1.5 months. They follow the same path each time like an alley from around the border right cross from Philly up northeasterly and so far luckily have passed us but are within a mile range
Thanks. Crazy stuff going on here lately, but luckily no damage for us. My family has lived in this area for generations. Never in my life have I been close enough to the path of a tornado that I've gone to the basement. This is the 2nd time in 5 weeks. 7 tornadoes in that time have touched down and done damage. But let's not dare mention climate change... it apparently angers some people.

I’m getting 34 panels and 3 power walls. It’s been absolute hell, to be honest. Tesla as been snaps pace slow on submitting documents, which has delayed the build to now… 7 months. We’ve had our financing expire once, and will again on October 1st. That being said, Tesla just submitted our build to our local utilities for approval, so soon as we hear back with the approval, we should be about 2 weeks out from starting the installation. Stay tuned! LOL
Oh man. That does sound like hell. 34 panels is a ton! We were going to get panels installed on the roof, but when they came out they realized we don’t have an attic, the top of the cabin is just the 3rd floor so they didn’t have a way to anchor the panels, and they needed to be anchored well with the amount of snow we can get there.

so, that order was canceled. Placed another order just for the entire roof, they came out again, said it looks good, of course it was more expensive than the original quote because our roof has different levels if you will due to yen design. Anyway, said we were good to go and install should be in about a month.

Just got the financing paperwork last night from them so, hopefully will go smoothly. My husband is up there full time and evacuated under the warning two weeks ago anyway since the Caldor Fire started 5 miles from our house. We are lucky we even have a cabin still since the fire moved north and not south, which would have taken it out.

EDD has been holding steady for the last few days at 9/14 - 9/29.

My Model 3 trade-in offer expires on 9/16- would be nice to to pick up the Y before the deadline and not have to resubmit the mileage on the 3 and lose more $$. One can dream...
Curious what they offered you for your M3? I ask because from the M3 thread, most people feel Tesla lowballed them on the M3 trade (even though Tesla can re-sell them). Most M3 owners I read are just going the Carmax/Carvana/Vroom route...

My EDD just went from November 5th - 25th to September 14th - September 24th. This may sound bad but I actually wanted to wait until October or November. What are my options if I want to push out my delivery. Do I reject the VIN or try and contact my SA? I really want to see if these tax credits come back and I am WFH so I don’t need to have moment.

Reactions: BitJam
Oh man. That does sound like hell. 34 panels is a ton! We were going to get panels installed on the roof, but when they came out they realized we don’t have an attic, the top of the cabin is just the 3rd floor so they didn’t have a way to anchor the panels, and they needed to be anchored well with the amount of snow we can get there.

so, that order was canceled. Placed another order just for the entire roof, they came out again, said it looks good, of course it was more expensive than the original quote because our roof has different levels if you will due to yen design. Anyway, said we were good to go and install should be in about a month.

Just got the financing paperwork last night from them so, hopefully will go smoothly. My husband is up there full time and evacuated under the warning two weeks ago anyway since the Caldor Fire started 5 miles from our house. We are lucky we even have a cabin still since the fire moved north and not south, which would have taken it out.
Tesla solar install reviews are just hell. The fan boys say its the competition trying to bring Tesla down. But then you hear these stories over and over. Huge delays, leaky install, price changes. I went local (in Vermont) and had it installed in 3 weeks. I paid more, but I know what I got and I know who to call if there is an issue. It's Ryan. I call Ryan at Sun Common which is 10 miles away if I have an issue. I love Tesla, but their cut throat solar business is a crap show.

Reactions: collaGOunltd
I think you'll find frequent EDD changes to be the norm. I just took delivery of a Model 3 last Saturday and had 36 EDD changes over 9 weeks.
36 EDD changes over 9 weeks? That's crazy. I'm new at this, as you can see from my sig, but you would think a company that can create a car that almost drives itself, would be able to better predict production. Are chip deliveries that erratic??

I've finally made it past the 50 day mark - feeling like I'm probably about half way there. Although I'm not loving the wait, I am pretty psyched about why there's a wait: Tesla is receiving more orders than they can handle, selling as many cars as they can make, building new factories around the world, creating lots of new tech, and forcing legacy automakers to join the EV revolution or die. If you start feeling frustrated, just remember that you're a part of something big, a new way of getting around. A little over 100 years ago, some guy was trying to get a good trade in on his horse and buggy, waiting with bated breath for his Model T order to come in. It's been a long time since there's been this big of a paradigm shift in transportation - and we all get to be a part of it. Now where's my damn VIN.......😉
Great way to look at things!

Wanted to post an update since I picked up my car earlier this week.

As a refresher, I'm one of the apostates who jumped the line with an inventory car. Here's a picture of the car:
IMG_0964.jpeg

After I placed the inventory order, I got a text the next day asking me to schedule pickup. Pickup was scheduled for 9/2 (today).

Then on Monday I got a text saying the car was ready to be picked up early. I immediately responded "YES" and got a call within 10 minutes from the Glenn Allen, VA SC. They said I could pick it up as early as 3PM.

The delivery process was as easy as others have indicated, even with a trade-in. I inspected the car (didn't use a checklist). I didn't see any panel gap issues or any issues with the interior. Everything looked perfect.

With that backstory, here are my initial impressions about the car itself:
  1. One petal driving is definitely an adjustment but by the 3rd day I was totally acclimated.
  2. Autopilot is surprisingly intuitive and much more like driving with cruise control than I expected. I used it 70% of the time on my 2 hour drive back home.
  3. Autopilot definitely has some foibles - brakes too aggressively for cars on the shoulder. Phantom breaks randomly. Hugs the right side of the lane when the lane widens. Hugs the left side of the lane a bit more closely than I would prefer during regular driving.
  4. The phantom breaking hasn't been unsettling to me and it doesn't happen often - really I think it's mostly because I have been using it on roads that aren't actually highways or in mountains where there are tight turns and hills that crest where you don't have vision. I think if you know it happens and expect it, it's fine. It's not slamming on the breaks, just dropping from 70 to 50 uncomfortably fast.
  5. The ride quality is fantastic, even with he 20" induction wheels. I would never describe it as rigid or bumpy. It's appropriately sporty. Much smoother than the BMW 328i I traded in.
  6. Seats are incredibly comfortable.
  7. It will take me months to remember where all of the discrete settings are. I found Joe Mode the other day and haven't found it again. (Also haven't googled it :p)
  8. The ultrasonic sensors make parallel parking way less stressful. Especially with black rims.
  9. The torque is insane and available at all speeds and it's amazing. I highly doubt I'll be springing for the acceleration boost anytime soon.
That's about it.

I'll reiterate that it's totally worth it because oh my god are these cars are amazing. Even if I had had to wait until October or November there's no scenario where I would have regretted it.

I explained it to a friend this way: Tesla is the company making the best cars you can drive with the worst ordering process.

I think the bad ordering process creeps into your psyche. I found myself doubting whether the car was going to be worth the effort, or whether a company that couldn't accurately estimate a delivery window could really make a solid product.

But yes they can and yes you will forgive them when you take delivery just like everyone else in this forum :)

EDD has been holding steady for the last few days at 9/14 - 9/29.

My Model 3 trade-in offer expires on 9/16- would be nice to to pick up the Y before the deadline and not have to resubmit the mileage on the 3 and lose more $$. One can dream...
FWIW, the KBB “Good” trade-in value for my 2019 M3SR+ has been increasing and is now sitting at 39822. Tesla is currently offering $28900. The last on-line offer I received a couple weeks ago was for $38455 (a company called Driveo that another member recommended, but only services SoCal). Anyway will see what the offer actually is if I ever receive a VIN and what they actually pay, but Tesla trade-in, at least here is very weak, encourage looking into Carvana, CarMax, Shift, etc.

Reactions: TMK26
I just installed solar & powerwall about a month ago- they are still sitting on my roof non-operational. Tesla is having same issue with energy department as their auto- demand outweighs supply and they can’t hire ppl fast enough. Overall pretty smooth process except now I am waiting for Tesla to submit my final package to So Cal Edison for approval to turn on the system. Tesla is backlogged and taking up to 3 months to submit this paperwork. So, I have a system sitting on my roof producing no energy & every day we’re losing summer days (highest producing solar days).
But, federal tax incentives start to decrease after next year, as do most state incentives, so I figured I’d go for it now rather than waiting.
I had Tesla solar at my previous home and it was great.
If you have any specific questions LMK and I will do my best to answer
Thanks, I’ll reach out if there is anything specific that comes up. I wonder what the approval process will be like with PG&E. My husbands primary reason for getting it is so we have full off the grid capability with solar, well, and propane, and we went with Tesla since he’s on the list for a Cybertruck and now I’m getting the Y since I drive around 300 miles each weekend from the Bay Area.
Thanks. Crazy stuff going on here lately, but luckily no damage for us. My family has lived in this area for generations. Never in my life have I been close enough to the path of a tornado that I've gone to the basement. This is the 2nd time in 5 weeks. 7 tornadoes in that time have touched down and done damage. But let's not dare mention climate change... it apparently angers some people.
Glad you all are safe! That’s scary!
Tesla solar install reviews are just hell. The fan boys say its the competition trying to bring Tesla down. But then you hear these stories over and over. Huge delays, leaky install, price changes. I went local (in Vermont) and had it installed in 3 weeks. I paid more, but I know what I got and I know who to call if there is an issue. It's Ryan. I call Ryan at Sun Common which is 10 miles away if I have an issue. I love Tesla, but their cut throat solar business is a crap show.
I don’t think he considered any other company, because we wanted to put it on the house, and Tesla has the only roof, as far as I know, it made the most sense. We have just over 7 acres and have a large field where we have some apple/pear/walnut trees, but we didn’t want a bunch of solar panels there which changes the aesthetic.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Curious what they offered you for your M3? I ask because from the M3 thread, most people feel Tesla lowballed them on the M3 trade (even though Tesla can re-sell them). Most M3 owners I read are just going the Carmax/Carvana/Vroom route...
Tesla offered $36.5k for my 2018 LR AWD, Aero's, EAP. I also have acceleration boost, but my guess is no credit for that. There's about 34,000 miles on it.

Vroom offered $38.7k. The offers work out to be similar (for me) because of the tax reduction in the trade-in.