Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why all the hate Tesla gets...got many middle finger while waiting at supercharger on my rod trips..people are morons…I just enjoy driving cars and not because I have a mission of saving environment
It’s crazy really. There’s a lot of people that think they’re foreign made! And it’s one of the most American made cars available. Amazing

It’s crazy really. There’s a lot of people that think they’re foreign made! And it’s one of the most American made cars available. Amazing
Not sure that's it, this will be the first domestic car I've owned in nearly 20 years and I'm pretty sure driving an import has never been the source of a middle finger pointed at me...

Not sure why all the hate Tesla gets...got many middle finger while waiting at supercharger on my rod trips..people are morons…I just enjoy driving cars and not because I have a mission of saving environment
My decision to go tesla is based not on Captain Planet (yeah Im that old) but on the EV torque, can’t wait to smoke those Ford Raptors just to name a few without having to pay the California detergent we add to the fuel

My decision to go tesla is based not on Captain Planet (yeah Im that old) but on the EV torque, can’t wait to smoke those Ford Raptors just to name a few without having to pay the California detergent we add to the fuel

People say to me "you know that Tesla isnt that green". I rebuttal with, "ok... maybe it isnt. You know what is? MY WALLET while your paycheck gets drank up at the pump".

People say to me "you know that Tesla isnt that green". I rebuttal with, "ok... maybe it isnt. You know what is? MY WALLET while your paycheck gets drank up at the pump".

yeah one of my main reasons to switch to tesla is the fact my work commute costs me between $200-$250 in gas a month. Add in oil changes due to miles, lets say $250-$300. Then the other maintenance I need to pay more often like brakes, tires, but lets call that a wash. So when I'm saving close to $300 a month in fueling. For me it made sense.

And maybe a Tesla isn't all that green for the production but after 6 years of driving, the CO2 emissions from production vs ICE is under. Here is a great video I watched and shared with my mom (who likes to believe everything she reads on Facebook, and she even got it after this)

*Edit: I will caveat this video is 2 years old and things may have changed in production since then but still.

Talked to a Ford mechanic about the EV world yesterday. He said they have had several Mustang Mach-E batteries fail and the going rate to replace them is running Ford about 15K. He said none of the mechanics know how to work on them and when they have an issue, Ford has to send engineers to the dealership to try and troubleshoot the issues. Apparently, it’s quite the sh*t show. #GOTESLA

Question about tires and winter/snow:

I have ordered the LR with Gemini(19") tires. How would they handle in winter/snow? I am in DC area, so not much snow, but read somewhere that even the all-season tires are not safe for sub-zero temps. Any thoughts? I plan to rotate the tires in Costco and fill with Nitrogen.

Note: I had only all season tires with FWD all these years and had no major skids or anything.

Reactions: jebinc
Question about tires and winter/snow:

I have ordered the LR with Gemini(19") tires. How would they handle in winter/snow? I am in DC area, so not much snow, but read somewhere that even the all-season tires are not safe for sub-zero temps. Any thoughts? I plan to rotate the tires in Costco and fill with Nitrogen.

Note: I had only all season tires with FWD all these years and had no major skids or anything.
the all season continental procontact RX's are grand touring all seasons, they'll do fine in light snow/ winter conditions. They are safe for subzero conditions.

The only tires that are concerning in winter are summer performance because their compound isn't designed for temps lower than ~40 degrees (give or take) because they turn into hockey pucks and become brittle resulting in cracking and chipping of the wheel.

I made the mistake before with one of my BMW's, forgot to swap out the summer wheels and tires for the winter set around halloween one year and the next day we had a snowstorm here in chicago. Tried to drive to work and I was sliding around with BMW xdrive AWD because the tires had hardened in the below freezing temps.

People tend to hate what they dont understand in this country.
Okay, this is probably the best explanation. But I have heard people say that they were a Ford or GM guy and that they just being patriotic buying American. There’s also those that think Elon is a jerk and hate everything Tesla. There’s also the perception that only wealthy people can afford a Tesla and it’s easy to hate the rich.

the all season continental procontact RX's are grand touring all seasons, they'll do fine in light snow/ winter conditions. They are safe for subzero conditions.

The only tires that are concerning in winter are summer performance because their compound isn't designed for temps lower than ~40 degrees (give or take) because they turn into hockey pucks and become brittle resulting in cracking and chipping of the wheel.

I made the mistake before with one of my BMW's, forgot to swap out the summer wheels and tires for the winter set around halloween one year and the next day we had a snowstorm here in chicago. Tried to drive to work and I was sliding around with BMW xdrive AWD because the tires had hardened in the below freezing temps.
Thanks @ajs847

On the bright side, your October car might be coded a 2022 model - better for trade and resale down the road than a 2021.
If October vehicles is coded as 2022, another month of wait no big deal but is that for sure, I have not seen any firm news about it.

Also, the only reason I am bearing this crazy edd changes and Tesla sh**tSh*w is that I need EV with 7 seater. Is there any other alternatives for 7 seater EVs.

I'm okay with the middle finger, if that's all I'll get. I can ignore that. I'm more worried about the people who physically try to damage the car. I've been watching some Sentry videos on Youtube. That'll piss me off.